The worst decision is indecision

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don;t think you can not sign because someone, anyone...becuase he MIGHT get hurt.
that wasnt my point. My point is maybe the Cowboys have decided they will no longer carry 27 year old RBs. They let Murray walk after having a monster year, and they were right.

My point is no matter what they do in regard to signing or not signing a FA, they will be called incompetent. We can disagree with their strategy... but make no mistake, not signing a high dollar running back is clearly a conscientious decision on their part.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Agree, it’s the NFL where injuries happens, if looking to not get hurt better take up baseball and could still get hurt playing that too but don’t have to worry about it being a possibility every play.
Jerry will be turning 82 years old this October. Anyone that thinks he is willing to throw away seasons for later season is in lala land.

shabazz

Reaction score
Now if that's what he's doing and he's going to tank this season i would be all in. At least it would be different.
Because he can't SAY he's tanking, he'll just DO everything that will lead to it happening and reap the dividends next year while not losing a penny in net worth

If he's not doing a team/coach/Qb reset for 2025, I wish somebody would explain what he's REALLY doing......because he's getting destroyed by every sports related entity in the entire country .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that wasnt my point. My point is maybe the Cowboys have decided they will no longer carry 27 year old RBs. They let Murray walk after having a monster year, and they were right.

My point is no matter what they do in regard to signing or not signing a FA, they will be called incompetent. We can disagree with their strategy... but make no mistake, not signing a high dollar running back is clearly a conscientious decision on their part.
Okay...if not singing 27yo RB was your point maybe you should have said that. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

shabazz

Reaction score
This is hilarious. Boy, I am glad that we watched the Texans and learned how it is done in regard to drafting that franchise QB. I mean, who would have thought that having a young stud QB was the way to go. Maybe now, we will never be as dumb as the Chiefs. Why would you possibly give Mahomes a 500 million dollar deal. When his contract expires, just let him walk.... and draft the next star qb.

Look at those dumb arse Dolphins and Bears. They still havent learned that you need to get a stud qb. Marino went away, and that hard headed owner is hell bent on showing he can win his way without a star QB. I mean, its hilarious watching these clowns running teams thinking they know what they are doing.
Jerry hasn't drafted a real franchise Qb since Aikman.

He's put a 4th round or worse premium on the position for the last 2 decades.

He clearly doesn't take the position as serious as the other 31 teams.

Unless the DeNucci pick was supposed to be the next Aikman......

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
I didn't say they are "wondering around like idiots".

I've seen this in companies. They don't know "how to scale". They get almost paralyzed by the decisions that need to be made. They don't want to make a mistake and the "let things play out"....

It's not a direction.
I wasn't addressing you specifically just so you know. More so agreeing with the poster that quoted you and addressing the idea out there that the Jones boys don't know what they are doing by using a colorful phrase.

Last edited: