The worst of all scenarios

TheCritic

Reaction score
Honestly, I think I would handle a losing season better than another McCarthy 12 win season and being one and done in the playoffs. At least I would enjoy picking higher in the draft.

Yes I know...it's sick!!! Not a true fan, right? But at least I can admit it. So should you!!!

Tell me you would rather have another McCarthy 12 win season and nothing to show for it. I dare you!

Praxit

Reaction score
..haha... .i see what your saying. But there's something being jazzed about getting into post season.

32 teams in the NFL. Only 8 (per conference) survive the conquest. Even if we fumble again. Its another crack at the plate, and maybe getting base hit or double. ;)..

Lets enjoy the ride in 24'.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Honestly, I think I would handle a losing season better than another McCarthy 12 win season and being one and done in the playoffs. At least I would enjoy picking higher in the draft.

Yes I know...it's sick!!! Not a true fan, right? But at least I can admit it. So should you!!!

Tell me you would rather have another McCarthy 12 win season and nothing to show for it. I dare you!
I would rather be really good as in a legit shot at the SB or really bad where I can draft difference making players.
The worst spot to be, is just good enough to be relevant, because you are going to be one and done, with bad draft positions.
Oh, that sounds familiar!
Sounds like we are in the NFL's purgatory.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
..haha... .i see what your saying. But there's something being jazzed about getting into post season.

32 teams in the NFL. Only 8 (per conference) survive the conquest. Even if we fumble again. Its another crack at the plate, and maybe getting base hit or double. ;)..

I was not jazzed after the butt whipping at home against a lower seeded Packer team.
The only emotions I felt were disappointment and embarsement.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I would rather be really good as in a legit shot at the SB or really bad where I can draft difference making players.
The worst spot to be, is just good enough to be relevant, because you are going to be one and done, with bad draft positions.
Oh, that sounds familiar!
Sounds like we are in the NFL's purgatory.
Well said.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

Jerry loves you.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I’ll take a 12 win season every season. It’s how you get in to the playoffs. You can quit but don’t try to get others to quit as well. Misery loves company I suppose.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

:laugh: This team isn't going to win squat....Not with McCarthy calling the shots....#4 pulling the trigger...and definitely not with the way McClay has drafted the last 4 years.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Jerry has the perfect fanbase. People who crave groundhog day results and a first class ticket home after round 1 of the playoffs on a annual basis. Just enough choking to keep hope alive for the next year.

No demand for real change. Then rinse and repeat as needed come the following preseason.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I’ll take a 12 win season every season. It’s how you get in to the playoffs. You can quit but don’t try to get others to quit as well. Misery loves company I suppose.
I disagree. I want to WIN in the playoffs, just not get in the playoffs. The way this team is currently structured, it will get to the playoffs but have no hope of actually winning. So if I have suffer a couple of bad seasons to get the ship pointed in the right direction, that is what I would do. There are no 1990's dynasty without 1988 and 1989.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I disagree. I want to WIN in the playoffs, just not get in the playoffs. The way this team is currently structured, it will get to the playoffs but have no hope of actually winning. So if I have suffer a couple of bad seasons to get the ship pointed in the right direction, that is what I would do. There are no 1990's dynasty without 1988 and 1989.
I want to win in the regular season to get to the playoffs and win there as well.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Do you people even watch the NFL? Do you not remember the years between Aikman and Romo or the Bills between Kelly and Allen? Have you not witnessed the entire Chicago Bears existence? Are we forgetting what the Chiefs were before Mahomes? Do you think Bryce Young is great?

The idea that this team can't contend is preposterous, and the desire to blow it up and hope to luck into a new QB quickly is stupid. Like how many first-round QBs taken in the last decade are even better than Dak?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Fixating on a bad memory is normal. Understand what it is though.

I do not see the point in worrying about wins and losses at this point. It is always better to make the playoffs and the reality is most playoff appearances do not result in a Lombardi.

I would much rather make the playoffs than not regardless of outcome every year.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I want to win in the regular season to get to the playoffs and win there as well.
do you honestly think this team with the current players and coach can do that? I don't. they haven't for the last 3 years. I think it will take some change, which would likely mean some bad seasons and I am ok with that, as long as it gets the dead weight off the books and a plan to move forward.