The worst of all scenarios

shabazz

Reaction score
Jerry has the perfect fanbase. People who crave groundhog day results and a first class ticket home after round 1 of the playoffs on a annual basis. Just enough choking to keep hope alive for the next year.

No demand for real change. Then rinse and repeat as needed come the following preseason.
There used to be a lot more of those types......way more people are hip to his crap than ever before. He only has a small percentage of fans buying his snake oil.

Most people go to our games for entertainment alone.....they know how the season will end

Brax

Reaction score
I want another 12-5 season (mostly dog team wins) and then to be molested at my house (Pls see Below) .......by the 7th seed after 2 previous beatdowns by the Niners.
And baby I'm a happy camper!!!! :banghead:

But then Dak started balling, 6 minutes left what a QB

rambo2

Reaction score
Honestly, I think I would handle a losing season better than another McCarthy 12 win season and being one and done in the playoffs. At least I would enjoy picking higher in the draft.

Yes I know...it's sick!!! Not a true fan, right? But at least I can admit it. So should you!!!

Tell me you would rather have another McCarthy 12 win season and nothing to show for it. I dare you!
I would rather have a 12 win season and they win it all.

rambo2

Reaction score
do you honestly think this team with the current players and coach can do that? I don't. they haven't for the last 3 years. I think it will take some change, which would likely mean some bad seasons and I am ok with that, as long as it gets the dead weight off the books and a plan to move forward.
They can. It's possible.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
They can. It's possible.
I guess anything is possible. But I don't see the other teams involved forfeiting the games so the odds of me winning the powerball is better than the boys winning in the playoffs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
do you honestly think this team with the current players and coach can do that? I don't. they haven't for the last 3 years. I think it will take some change, which would likely mean some bad seasons and I am ok with that, as long as it gets the dead weight off the books and a plan to move forward.
I don’t know yet. I haven’t seen this current team play yet.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Honestly, I think I would handle a losing season better than another McCarthy 12 win season and being one and done in the playoffs. At least I would enjoy picking higher in the draft.

Yes I know...it's sick!!! Not a true fan, right? But at least I can admit it. So should you!!!

Tell me you would rather have another McCarthy 12 win season and nothing to show for it. I dare you!
While I agree with your sentiment, Jerry is the primary reason for this chaos and catastrophe. Changing to another coach again picked out by the genius himself is like changing to another brand of toilet paper because of your hemorrhoids.

Jerry is gonna have to be content with sleeping with the three SB trophies he received from Jimmy.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
....I hear ya, mate. So was I, ...........so was I. I turned off the telly at beginning of 3rd qtr.

Dont know how it went down, until next morning. But its 24'. New life, new season.
Same owner gonna get you the same results....
28 years and counting.
Our new motto should be:
Rinse and Repeat!!!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score

I’d rather win 12 games.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Even though the Cowboys draft near the bottom year after year . No excuse . Look at the Chiefs . Change running backs every SB Yr got rid of Tyreek Hill revamped the OL when Tampa thrashed them in the SB .

Draft smart and know when to part ways with a player when salary cap demands make no sense . I happen to think Andy Reid would not go SB less for 9 yrs with the same QB .

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you want even the slightest hope of some change, and I don't mean another meaningless coaching shuffle but actual front office approach change, you need a total collapse to the tune of a top 5 pick.

I won't ask you to root for that, fans won't do that on gamedays, but if it is happening then you damn sure shouldn't be angry about it. It is what is needed.

To be clear, I didn't say real change would come with a collapse. I said there would be hope for change if they collapsed. There is no hope for any change if they're winning 10 games a year and in the mix for a playoff berth.

GMO415

Reaction score

31 years is still 31 years no matter how it develops.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

I do give you credit for admitting it. Others can’t face that this what they want because when they hear themselves say it aloud it sounds exactly like something that doesn’t make sense.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
If you want even the slightest hope of some change, and I don't mean another meaningless coaching shuffle but actual front office approach change, you need a total collapse to the tune of a top 5 pick.

I won't ask you to root for that, fans won't do that on gamedays, but if it is happening then you damn sure shouldn't be angry about it. It is what is needed.

To be clear, I didn't say real change would come with a collapse. I said there would be hope for change if they collapsed. There is no hope for any change if they're winning 10 games a year and in the mix for a playoff berth.
The campo years resulted in change for what? 3 seasons? And not really it was just coaching like you said.

Jones isn’t changing. His son isn’t changing. And no matter how hard you hope that will not change it will not. You don’t have to accept it, but you will have to cope with it if you’re a fan.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Do you people even watch the NFL? Do you not remember the years between Aikman and Romo or the Bills between Kelly and Allen? Have you not witnessed the entire Chicago Bears existence? Are we forgetting what the Chiefs were before Mahomes? Do you think Bryce Young is great?

The idea that this team can't contend is preposterous, and the desire to blow it up and hope to luck into a new QB quickly is stupid. Like how many first-round QBs taken in the last decade are even better than Dak?
Fans may remember….
  • the sting of Playoff embarrassment in the McCarthy years
  • the Ho-hum Garrett years
  • the aw shucks Wade collapse with Parcells roster
  • the disappointing Parcells sophomore stint
  • the Dave Campo 5-11 blues
  • the Chan Gailey offensive woes
  • the Switzer/Jethro ‘run everything into the ground that Jimmy built’ years,
  • the 1-15 season under Jimmy
  • the last days of Landry
….and a few fans here still remember the constant losing for a young new Head Coach Landry.

But I guarantee you they remember most the many Super Bowl Championship seasons and it’s what they want back.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Fans may remember….
  • the sting of Playoff embarrassment in the McCarthy years
  • the Ho-hum Garrett years
  • the aw shucks Wade collapse with Parcells roster
  • the disappointing Parcells sophomore stint
  • the Dave Campo 5-11 blues
  • the Chan Gailey offensive woes
  • the Switzer/Jethro ‘run everything into the ground that Jimmy built’ years,
  • the 1-15 season under Jimmy
  • the last days of Landry
….and a few fans here still remember the constant losing for a young new Head Coach Landry.

But I guarantee you they remember most the many Super Bowl Championship seasons and it’s what they want back.
Strange, all I recall is GM Jethro days. I mean years. Sorry, correction - decades.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Worst scenerio is already unfolding. CD is going to sit out until he gets a contract. We have what could be the worst running back room in the league and Dak is going to come down with a slew of nagging injuries to limit his exposure to injury risk before he gets his new deal. Basically nobody is happy right now and it’s going to show up on the field in September.