The worst of all scenarios

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I think I would handle a losing season better than another McCarthy 12 win season and being one and done in the playoffs. At least I would enjoy picking higher in the draft.

Yes I know...it's sick!!! Not a true fan, right? But at least I can admit it. So should you!!!

Tell me you would rather have another McCarthy 12 win season and nothing to show for it. I dare you!
I want 0 wins and the # 1 draft pick.
I want DAK gone....period!.... enough of the pamper boy.
I want CD traded he is not worth 30 million a year.
I want Micah to prove he can do the nasty against teams like the Niners not only weak offline and QB.

I want a real GM when Jerry kicks the bucket.

All the above will end our SB drought in a jiffy!!!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Honestly, I think I would handle a losing season better than another McCarthy 12 win season and being one and done in the playoffs. At least I would enjoy picking higher in the draft.

Yes I know...it's sick!!! Not a true fan, right? But at least I can admit it. So should you!!!

Tell me you would rather have another McCarthy 12 win season and nothing to show for it. I dare you!
With this schedule...if we go 12 - 5....we would be one of the 3 best teams in the NFL. If that team is one and done in the playoffs....I would come to the conclusion that Jerry should have come to a LONG TIME AGO....this team is built to win regular season games. And drafting a rookie QB high in the draft is NOT going to get you to the next level

I keep saying it and saying it and saying it.....the playoffs represent the best coaches, gameplans AND players. Unless you are Patrick Mahomes....there is not a QB in the NFL that can put his team on his back and win 4 straight playoff games. You have to rely on a run game and a defense to finish the deal. So unless you are going to draft the next Patrick Mahomes and sign the next Andy Reid....you guys need to stop thinking that Dak is the biggest problem in Dallas.

We can't wait to replicate the next triplets, because that is what sells. But you have to have a philosophy (front office and coaching staff) and draft/acquire pieces that can stop the run and run when the situation (weather or how we are being defended) calls for it.

The way the 49ers have beaten us the last 3 years can easily be countered if you can run the ball. How have we responded? Franchise a Tony Pollard coming of injury, have a terrible center in Bidiasz and coming off torn ACL in Steele...then follow that up with passing on Derrick Henry and signing Ezekiel Elliot. But all I hear is that moving on from Dak is the answer

And don't get me started on this run defense against teams that TRULY want to run the ball

Has been Dak been great? Not when it has counted. But there are a lot of coaches and players that were not great when it counted! And it starts at the top. The front office thinks they put everything in place to make a long postseason run. And I contend they have not. And it's because to do that they would have to totally change the philosophy on how they build a team. Starting with playing Micah Parsons at RDE. He is there because he is great and can produce exciting plays. But it will mean ZERO when we have to take on a team that wants to run the ball. He will wear down and ultimately not be the answer for 17 games plus potentially for 4 postseason games. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player. But he should not be used exclusively with his hand in the dirt. I could keep going but people who KNOW football know what I am trying to say.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Do you people even watch the NFL? Do you not remember the years between Aikman and Romo or the Bills between Kelly and Allen? Have you not witnessed the entire Chicago Bears existence? Are we forgetting what the Chiefs were before Mahomes? Do you think Bryce Young is great?

The idea that this team can't contend is preposterous, and the desire to blow it up and hope to luck into a new QB quickly is stupid. Like how many first-round QBs taken in the last decade are even better than Dak?
they're just mad and do not know how to process it. tearing things down and being destructive is typical of unfulfilled anger. the scapegoating continues to rotate. Jerry, Stephen, McClay, Dak

then you watch good things happen and they do not know how to process that either.

it really is a toxic relationship for many.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I would rather be really good as in a legit shot at the SB or really bad where I can draft difference making players.
The worst spot to be, is just good enough to be relevant, because you are going to be one and done, with bad draft positions.
Oh, that sounds familiar!
Sounds like we are in the NFL's purgatory.

Reminds me of the Mavericks . Good enough to make the playoffs never quite good enough to get the ring . Always drafting near the bottom .

CWR

Reaction score

Easy to say in a vacuum, but watching us have a losing season is a lot of boring. Of course end result yes, but the ride is a different story.

Praxit

Reaction score
Jerry loves you.
..dude, you should see my check.. ;)..
animated-shocked-emoji-jmbegy9ujh4h5iym.gif

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Do you people even watch the NFL? Do you not remember the years between Aikman and Romo or the Bills between Kelly and Allen? Have you not witnessed the entire Chicago Bears existence? Are we forgetting what the Chiefs were before Mahomes? Do you think Bryce Young is great?

The idea that this team can't contend is preposterous, and the desire to blow it up and hope to luck into a new QB quickly is stupid. Like how many first-round QBs taken in the last decade are even better than Dak?
So friggin what? Let it be 10 down years. Or 15. How many years from Staubach to Aikman? Still less than from Aikman until now. :rolleyes:

Praxit

Reaction score
I was not jazzed after the butt whipping at home against a lower seeded Packer team.
The only emotions I felt were disappointment and embarsement.
....I hear ya, mate. So was I, ...........so was I. I turned off the telly at beginning of 3rd qtr.

Dont know how it went down, until next morning. But its 24'. New life, new season.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I don't like to lose, especially when nothing is guaranteed.....start losing and tanking and it could be around for a long time. I enjoy 12 wins on Sundays during the fall. Would it be better to win in the post season, of course, but you won't get there to have a chance if your losing regular season games. Enjoy your losses....I'll enjoy the wins and not worry about the playoffs until we get there. Unless, you have a magic formula to win a SB...

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
The alternative is not paying $60mm and not reinvesting in FA foe 4 years.
I agree. Signing Dak would at least suggest some sort of plan. In the way of they believe we still have a window for the title. If they don't sign him AND show no sign of aiming for a true rebuild... that would be the worst case scenario.

Brax

Reaction score
..haha... .i see what your saying. But there's something being jazzed about getting into post season.

32 teams in the NFL. Only 8 (per conference) survive the conquest. Even if we fumble again. Its another crack at the plate, and maybe getting base hit or double. ;)..

Lets enjoy the ride in 24'.
So about half the teams make it, (it’s 7 teams each) see parity works and if you don’t believe me just look at the worth of teams. So every year about half the teams make it and in five years timespan most teams will make it to the playoffs at least once, this is how the fan base stays invested with teams, why do you think they added the additional 2 teams to the playoffs.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want another 12-5 season (mostly dog team wins) and then to be molested at my house (Pls see Below) .......by the 7th seed after 2 previous beatdowns by the Niners.
And baby I'm a happy camper!!!! :banghead:

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Losing doesnt guarantee anything.

Decent football that allows you to get into the Playoffs gives you a chance at the trophy you are so after.

Why would you lose? Youre not making sense.

True or False? Losing doesnt get you a chance at the trophy. True or False? Losing doesnt guarantee a great QB that will clean up bad OC and DC playoff game planning? True or False? Its a team game.

shabazz

Reaction score
Do you people even watch the NFL? Do you not remember the years between Aikman and Romo
Ok.....now tell us the difference between whats is the trophy case from the Romo and Dak years and whats in it from the years without them since 95.

Are there now trophies rings or plaques for making the playoffs and being bounced out every single damn time?....... just more spots to collect dust

Bust up this current core of playoff losers