The worst part is there is no hope going forward

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly. There's money on the O line. Lawrence didn't have a memorable playoff performance.
We had no sacks on defense. I wanna say Dak was sacked 5 times.

But our OL was built to run the ball. That was our identity and strength. We were 11-0 this year when we rushed for 100 yards or more.

Reactions: G2

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So for the future you’re solution is to do….?

No idea. I don’t think there is a path to a championship with Dak and his contract.

We need to be bad and draft a real QB.

If they’re mediocre then pay them like they’re mediocre or let them walk.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is why the blueprint for stifling our offense is stopping the run.

We were 1-6 when held under a 100 yards rushing.
11-0 when rushing over a 100 yards.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

But our OL was built to run the ball. That was our identity and strength. We were 11-0 this year when we rushed for 100 yards or more.
Let's put out the disclaimer to avoid a temper tantrum: Prescott wasn't elite. He had some bad throws. He didn't run very well. I don't like his haircut.
But I've yet to hear any QB who could overcome a record number of drive-killing penalties NOT committed by the QB. They were there for all to see. Big gain after big gain for a huge chunk play or 1st down only to be brought back, but even further back. The pass protection was awful. The running game was nonexistent. The WRs were lazy. Our Punter had the best performance on the team. And I have no clue what our identity is on offense or what we are calling for plays. Hell. even Parsons looked drunk.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The path to a Super Bowl with a QB like Dak who we’ve over paid is stop over paying talent around him.

Do like other teams with average QB who won or went to Super Bowls this era. Build top defenses and strong running games.

That’s what beat us yesterday. It wasn’t their QB.

And stop beating ourselves with dumb undisciplined penalties.

crazytown41

Reaction score
Unfortunately we vastly overpaid for a QB, RB, and DL. Our best player this season was a rookie. We're screwed :facepalm:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If we had the Dak from his rookie year with what the defense did yesterday, the boys win.
2016 Dak, like 2016 Zeke is ancient history. 2022 Dak is closer to 2006 Bledsoe. Drop back, stand still, pat pat pat, disaster. The 2016 offense was a thing of beauty. Powerful and repeatable. The 2022 offense is a house of cards.

jsb357

Reaction score
“Let me tell you something my friend.
Hope is a dangerous thing.
Hope can drive a person insane.
It has no place in Dallas

visionary

Reaction score
I just have no idea where this team goes from here and the thought of starting this whole process over just makes me sick to my stomach.

They can’t just say this is good enough and if we clean up mistakes all will be well.

Lining up and doing the same thing over and over is just not the way and I think they have to fire McCarthy.

He’s been here 2 seasons and he was awful in year 1 and year 2 he beat a bunch of bad teams and nobody had an answer for the 2 high safeties. Also the lack of Pollard and playing Zeke was just criminal.

Dallas needs a culture change and they need a new face for this franchise right now but I know management believes in continuity and they get continuous results.

I just don’t know what they can do outside of a coaching change to give any hope to the fans.

agree and the biggest issue to me is that the HC needs to be someone who can

1. instill discipline in this roster
2. Take the QB and explain to him what he is doing wrong and slap him upside the head if he does not (like BP dud with Romo). Dak does not need a friend HC he needs a real HC

the problem is that I don’t see anyone available like that

ksadler1

Reaction score
Sadly, Stephen will be no better IMO. He actually has less football acumen than his father (who at least started on a national championship team).

Yeah, l thought about that too. I just figure l probably won't be around for another 27 years so lets go for broke...

Haimerej

Reaction score

As has been McCarthy's wont, he builds the defense to play with a lead. When his offense can't get ahead and make the other team 1 dimensional, they run into real problems.

Here we are again, getting beat in the playoffs by a team allowed to run all game. Still weak up the middle of the defense. Many will lay blame there, again.

But imagine if the offense could've scored at the end of the half or the beginning of the second? Or both? We simply couldn't put any pressure on their offense. They kicked field goals and we couldn't even do that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Spot on. You nailed it. A coaching change is the only possible way to turn this around. You said you don’t know how to fix it, but you provided the only solution.

I think a change in GM is the only way things really get better. The next coach is just going to be another yes man

GMO415

Reaction score
This was one of the most talented team in a decade. It will be torn apart by TC.

It's not looking good.

Dre11

Reaction score
I just have no idea where this team goes from here and the thought of starting this whole process over just makes me sick to my stomach.

They can’t just say this is good enough and if we clean up mistakes all will be well.

Lining up and doing the same thing over and over is just not the way and I think they have to fire McCarthy.

He’s been here 2 seasons and he was awful in year 1 and year 2 he beat a bunch of bad teams and nobody had an answer for the 2 high safeties. Also the lack of Pollard and playing Zeke was just criminal.

Dallas needs a culture change and they need a new face for this franchise right now but I know management believes in continuity and they get continuous results.

I just don’t know what they can do outside of a coaching change to give any hope to the fans.

This is a dumb take...lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is a dumb take...lol

No.. I’m smarter than you. It’s proven. Take a back seat and shut your mouth going forward. You’re proven to be absolutely clueless. Go look at stats or whatever you clueless delusionals do.

Instead of criticizing my posts take it as a learning opportunity for you to inform yourself on the reality of things.

Dre11

Reaction score
No.. I’m smarter than you. It’s proven. Take a back seat and shut your mouth going forward. You’re proven to be absolutely clueless. Go look at stats or whatever you clueless delusionals do. I won the war.

You're clueless, the fact you think the qb wins games with no help, kills your whole reputation.:lmao: again dumb** post

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Spot on. You nailed it. A coaching change is the only possible way to turn this around. You said you don’t know how to fix it, but you provided the only solution.

No reputable coach will come here with the Jones family running things. Look at the coaches we have gotten in Jones' tenure since he ran off the guy who made him. Parcells was way over the hill and going through the motions. Mike came off a bad ending in Green Bay. And he is only known because of Rodgers. I don't think he is terrible but he's middle of the road.

Our 2nd longest tenured coach in our franchise is Garrett. Says all you need to about Jerry.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You're clueless, the fact you think the qb wins games with no help, kills your whole reputation.:lmao: again dumb** post

Listen.. You don’t know what you’re talking about at all and I do. You’re clueless.

Just sit back and shut your mouth. Don’t even quote me because you don’t even deserve a response.

Im done with delusionals like you.