Video: TheHerd: Dak and the Dallas Cowboys have taken a step back

Creeper

Reaction score
cowboys are in a weak div, but new HC in Nyg, and they all pick higher than dallas, and phil has 2 1sts?
So possible phil could give dallas some competition. I dont know about giants or wash or what they have done.

But dallas could still win div and or get in playoffs in 22. In fact I think they will get in playoffs, just dont expect much after that.

We won the division last year. We should be setting out sights higher. We had a division winning team in 2021 the goal should be to get better, not to say the same or go backwards. The Eagles are going to be a better team in 2022 eve if they hit on only 1 of their 3 first round picks. The Giants are working on improving their offensive line and that alone is going to make them a better team. In the meantime, who is the left guard for Dallas? McGovern already proved he can't play there. I am sure Dallas is planning on using the draft to fix this but what if the draft does not fall their way? And who is playing RT? Steele? Are you sure about him? Because I have been watching the NFL Network replays of 2021 games and to me Steele looks very shaky in pass blocking. He is going to struggle against the better DEs in the league and if there is one thing Dallas needs to improve it is Dak's pass protection.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well said, jerry I think got mad at lael, and cooper, so thats why they are gone, with nothing but a 5th to show for it. It was emotional , not logical decision.

and for those of you say wait there is still the draft !
Well our picks are low in each round, so not a lot to choose from.
hard to get impact players late in rounds.
Last year we picked at 10 not 24 and really all we got was parsons, the rest had no impact yet.
Because we once again took a project player in the 2nd.

kskboys

Reaction score
We won the division last year. We should be setting out sights higher. We had a division winning team in 2021 the goal should be to get better, not to say the same or go backwards. The Eagles are going to be a better team in 2022 eve if they hit on only 1 of their 3 first round picks. The Giants are working on improving their offensive line and that alone is going to make them a better team. In the meantime, who is the left guard for Dallas? McGovern already proved he can't play there. I am sure Dallas is planning on using the draft to fix this but what if the draft does not fall their way? And who is playing RT? Steele? Are you sure about him? Because I have been watching the NFL Network replays of 2021 games and to me Steele looks very shaky in pass blocking. He is going to struggle against the better DEs in the league and if there is one thing Dallas needs to improve it is Dak's pass protection.
Dumping overpaid players is getting better.

Creeper

Reaction score
There's one possible saving grace to all of this. That losing Cooper, Gregory, and Collins won't have much of a negative impact. If their contributions were minimal, their loss will be as well. And money was saved as a result.

I'm not saying this is the case. I'm hoping this is the case.

I agree with the logic, but I do not agree that Gregory and Collins were not significant contributors. I am very worried about Steele in pass protection. I am worried about the Cowboys pass rush and the effect it will have on turnovers - no rush equals no turnovers. I was hoping the Cowboys would make moves to improve the defense and the running game but so far I have not seen that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"Dak & Dallas have step back" - Colin "on-fire" Cowboys sent Amari Cooper to Browns | THE HERD

he is right. you don't lose two of your top 3 offensive and defense producers and replace them with Jags and think you have improved. Losing Wilson, Cooper and Gregory and replacing them with Washington, Armstrong and Fowler. not exactly an improvement in areas of need

cowboyec

Reaction score
ihop is now nostradamous?
he knows this before the season starts?
lay you're money down.
ihop has spoken.

jnday

Reaction score
Exactly
We haven’t even seen the roster
There is this little event coming up that will have a nice impact on the roster
You can’t count on that little event to fill the holes on the roster. Drafting two players that become starters at some point would be a good draft. 4-5 starters have been lost this offseason and counting on 5th round draftees to fill those holes is wishful thinking. The first pick at 24 will probably be a player that they have a second round grade on unless a highly rated player drops for some reason. Dallas usually has a first round grade on 15-20 players.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seattle was getting blasted for how little they got for Wilson and how much they gave up for that safety.

And rightly so. They gave up about what they got for Wilson in the Jamal Adams trade. And that's looking like a monumental bust move already. Just wait until he starts grumbling about the rebuild and the team losing and things will look even worse. The coach and GM should be on the hot seat for that move, and the state they have the team in right now. Their personnel decisions have been poor for several years now.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I disagree, not unless you sign players of equal or greater ability to replace them.
When you have three guys like that that have turned into paycheck collectors and aren't serious about winning injury prone and gets suspended it has nothing to do with their ability.

It is all about their desire to use that ability and those three guys showed that they were only going to give 70%.

We do not need the stupid, butt hurt, dope smoking, injury prone, and suspended no matter what their ability.

Oops forgot underachieving and overpaid now you know how I really feel lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he is right. you don't lose two of your top 3 offensive and defense producers and replace them with Jags and think you have improved. Losing Wilson, Cooper and Gregory and replacing them with Washington, Armstrong and Fowler. not exactly an improvement in areas of need

You don't think Fowler is a potential improvement over Gregory?

cowboyec

Reaction score
he did nothing but downgrade amari while he was here.
now that he's been traded...he's downgrading the team because of it.
just proves it doesnt matter what we did or didnt do.
he was ALWAYS going to have this take.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i do.
and did cowherd ever talk about gregory before?
he was always going to have this take.

He very likely was, but Dallas' own moves gave him the opportunity as well.

While I don't agree about Gregory-for-Fowler being some big loss or downgrade, I think there are other areas for valid criticism as well. And when guys like Cowherd are looking for them, they find them.

cowboyec

Reaction score
He very likely was, but Dallas' own moves gave him the opportunity as well.

While I don't agree about Gregory-for-Fowler being some big loss or downgrade, I think there are other areas for valid criticism as well. And when guys like Cowherd are looking for them, they find them.
dollars to doughnuts if our pass game works with lamb...gallup...and washington he'll say..."i never really liked amari there".