News: There’s no doubt something happened behind the scenes with Cooper

birdwells1

Reaction score
Do you know the guy?
Many things are said privately that aren't said publicly.
Also, many comments are leaked and then denied.
Usually with words like "patently" and "unequivocally" attached to the denial.
Do you know the guy?
Many things are said privately that aren't said publicly.
Also, many comments are leaked and then denied.
Usually with words like "patently" and "unequivocally" attached to the denial.

It doesn't take much imagination to picture Cooper being asked privately about
the quote and saying something like "no, I didn't say it, but it's an accurate comparison
".

This is your statement. So you imagined a conversation that cooper had about dak and want that to be taken as facts but when I say that Cooper has never carried himself like that you say "you don't know him".
Man you can't make this up!!!!

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
They probably will. In the NFL if an offense or defense does something and you don't punish them or if you show weakness and you can't recover from it, teams will exploit it ...so it's going to come down to OL and running game. Let them at zone. If we don't make them pay, then shame on us. We suck.
We did suck, we didn’t make the other teams pay, our brilliant OC stopped doing what was working , instead his genius took over for gadget plays.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It doesn't take much imagination to picture Cooper being asked privately about
the quote and saying something like "no, I didn't say it, but it's an accurate comparison
".

This is your statement. So you imagined a conversation that cooper had about dak and want that to be taken as facts but when I say that Cooper has never carried himself like that you say "you don't know him".
Man you can't make this up!!!!

I never said I wanted anything taken as fact.
It appears as though some, like yourself, want to pretend it could never happen.
So many posts claiming there's no way he ever said anything like that.
It's silly. Now you're silly too.

And still no link of anyone retracting the claim that he said it.

RoboQB

Reaction score
So, you're hangin' with your homie who just happens to be an NFL WR.
While the two of you are chillin', you turn to ask if a rumor is true about
what he said to his QB. He says:

A - I can't respond without a reporter present.
B - nah dawg, I didn't say that, but it's funny though. Kinda true.
C - no, he's a great guy. I would never say that.
D - that is patently and unequivocally false!

CWR

Reaction score
That wasn't Cooper's style never has been. It took alot for him to say that he'd like to be more involved.

The alleged story was it happened after the playoff game in the locker room.

Then magically it was kept quiet for a month.

People need to use their brains. To imagine a locker room full of players, coaches, and media just stayed silent for a month is beyond naive.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
When was the last time you heard/read Coop's name in the same sentence with charity as a Dallas Cowboy? ( 2018 ) I noticed this few months ago......what interesting it's first thing he did AFTER the trade to the Browns. Not sure many fans noticed but leadership and/or community involvement is highly expected from their highly paid players.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2022/04/24/cleveland-browns-amari-cooper-community/
I don't understand what you're saying.
Are you saying Cooper wasn't much into charity in Dallas, but he's trying to rectify that in Cleveland? :huh:

birdwells1

Reaction score
I never said I wanted anything taken as fact.
It appears as though some, like yourself, want to pretend it could never happen.
So many posts claiming there's no way he ever said anything like that.
It's silly. Now you're silly too.

And still no link of anyone retracting the claim that he said it.

Who's going to retract a rumor started by no one in particular? I'm not saying it could never happen but Coop is not TO. You have to look at how the person carries himself and Coop carried himself like a professional akin to a Jason Witten. Now if there was a rumor that Witten said something derogatory about Dak back when they played together you'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt by looking at his track record.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Cooper Krupp’s YAC was 647. That’s how bad Amari was

And Deebo and Ja’marr had 800+. JJ and SJ got to see those two and Kupp up close in the playoffs so it makes sense why they would choose to let Amari walk. And the rest of the league has the same data as we do so why would they give up draft resources for a guy who averaged 10yds/g in yac. Heck Ja’marr got 180 on like three catches.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I disagree. They let Murray go after leading the league in rushing. It hurt us temporarily but was for the best in the long haul.

It wasn’t a good move because not having the same running game the following year ultimately spelled the end of Tony Romo. Our running game sucked early in the season causing him to get injured against Philly. He ended up re-breaking his collarbone against Carolina after Darren McFadden missed a block. We’ve rushed for 700 fewer yards in 2015 than we did in 2014. We ended up having to use the fourth overall pick on Zeke instead of picking Jalen Ramsey.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Who's going to retract a rumor started by no one in particular? I'm not saying it could never happen but Coop is not TO. You have to look at how the person carries himself and Coop carried himself like a professional akin to a Jason Witten. Now if there was a rumor that Witten said something derogatory about Dak back when they played together you'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt by looking at his track record.
You want a rumor retracted by no one in particular?
I like the way you're thinking.

Reactions: CWR

Cowfan75

Reaction score
They also told big Mike to play an injured Zeke over pollard because of zekes contract. It would've made them look bad if pollard came in and ran better than zeke. It's also why they were fixated on zeke getting a thousand yards. In a 17 game season 1000 yards is not that impressive. The Joneses value how they're view amongst football men rather than wins and losses.

Exactly. And that is why Cooper is gone. He stated the obvious, but to Jerry, nobody else will know a prized player is overvalued unless someone mentions it...as if nobody has eyes.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
because he’s the best of the bunch and gallup has a torn ACL lol it’s not rocket science

i don’t agree he is the best of the bunch. I think he does something’s better and I think CD does some things better than him. CD is much better at contested ball catches. And better after the catch. Coop is better at routes and prob better hands overall. Still losing coop was not a huge loss and will not be the reason we aren’t successful if we even are unsuccessful.

RoboQB

Reaction score

It was stated that this was a rumor started by "ballsack report"
which apparently is known for fake tweets. Those tend to be
condemned quickly. I had trouble finding one.

What does Witten have to do with this?
You think Witten doesn't talk trash? Ha!
I mean, damn, he and Dez had a tiff on the sidelines.

Look dude, all I'm saying is he has to be aware of the rumor.
Anyone close to him would ask about it. To rightly claim he never
said it is impossible. I bet he had fun with answering it to his buddies.
You missed that point. I'm moving on.

CWR

Reaction score
It was stated that this was a rumor started by "ballsack report"
which apparently is known for fake tweets. Those tend to be
condemned quickly. I had trouble finding one.

What does Witten have to do with this?
You think Witten doesn't talk trash? Ha!
I mean, damn, he and Dez had a tiff on the sidelines.

Look dude, all I'm saying is he has to be aware of the rumor.
Anyone close to him would ask about it. To rightly claim he never
said it is impossible. I bet he had fun with answering it to his buddies.
You missed that point. I'm moving on.

Got dang it, if you can't trust Ballsack who is left? It's fair to say Coop or someone with the team could've shut it down. On the other hand maybe they didn't want to give it the weight of a response.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I've always felt he was lacking that eye of the tiger toughness and fight. That's probably why Gruden wanted to trade him he thought he was a wuss.

That's exactly why Gruden traded him.

Yet Lamb gets 1 for 21 but he's special? Where was he and what was he doing?

And the QB completes 53% for 1 TD (to Cooper) and 1 pick. That's not the kind of production you get from a franchise QB in the playoffs.

That game was a team loss and the only player I would give a pass to was Vander Eash, he outplayed Parsons.

When the TE leads the team in receptions in a playoff game and the offense is not set up for that, most of the time they lose. They were set up to be a vertical passing team and they failed.

And 67 yards rushing to 167 yards in the playoffs is the reason they lost that game. Playoffs are still about running the ball and stopping the run, they did neither.

I am not defending Cooper, I never thought he was a top level WR, he lacks that killer instinct. He is a great route runner but he does not have great hands and I think his will to win is team based. Some players are like that. Guys like Irvin and Bryant were more individual based, they were not going to let that guy take them out of the game. They took the game personally.

That's not what I'm saying.

To Amari's credit, and CeeDee's, the lack of success in the passing game came from the fact we never really got the offense going in terms of establishing the run early on. And we struggled to move the ball as a consequence. A lot of that playoff loss, and trust me, I'm just as upset about it as you are, had to do with the middle of the line getting pretty much blown up overall throughout the game. They just couldn't get it going.

That, and the 9ers offense came out in the 1st round and knocked us down.. And we never answered, and only decided to answer when it was too late.

And by that time, Dakota had his thumb up his culo because he forgot to hand the ball to the ref.

And game over.

The playoff game wasn't the only thing. But I do think it was the straw that broke the camel's back, as they say.

I'll echo what you say. It was a team loss. But Cooper didn't earn his money. So he's toast now.

Last edited: