There are moral victories

blueblood70

Reaction score
it wasnt a victory but a measuring stick to where our team is at the moment after the critics said we weren't deserving of being on the same field with them..our own fans ,( you know who you are you !!) were mocking our team with predictions of embarrassing blowouts..

a nice encouraging sign of life for our starters

then 24 hrs later we lose gallup and LC for a month or more..frackit!!!!!:huh::mad::thumbdown:

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I think people confuse moral victories with the action of taking away positives. Is it a victory that we lost Thursday night? Of course not. Were there some positives to take away from the loss? Yes, yes there were. Nothing wrong with that.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
dear fellow fanzone freaks---- i hate it too/.....there are suppose to be NO moral victories

but after sleeping on the heart break loss......we hung in there a ton better than Vegas

or anyone gave us credit....Dak played elite...O line played real good....defense may have

struggled when it counted but they got 4 TO's....that is certain victory anyone else until you

play the GOAT.. we know Brady is the GOAT....but both our offense and defense played tough

in very difficult enviornment against reigning and predicted super bowl champs this year....We

looked tougher...we did not meltdown....we did not..."mail it in"....like awesome heavy weight

match...toe to toe.....Zureline makes one more FG we win....or Zeke goes deeper on that cross

route in endzone we scrore TD and win...or or or...Team Loss or Team win.....There Are Moral

Victories...and last night was one of them...Look out NFC east.....

I get what you're saying, but to me moral victories are for high school. Professional sports are big money business where you are judged by winning, and a lot of games are close on the scoreboard.

Three of Brady's SB wins came in the final 20 seconds while a 4th happened in OT. It doesn't matter because he won. They weren't moral victories for the Rams, Panthers, Seahawks, or Falcons.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guarantee Tom Brady doesn't think there are moral victories.

I'd also like to believe Dak doesn't either.

Moral victories creating a losing culture with no accountability.
As I told you before. You can bet the players don’t care about moral victory’s. It’s about fans right now. You have to learn to separate it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Like the NFC east is afraid of Dallas and all of their moral victories.

How many wins will Dallas have if they pile up 16 more moral victories? Big fat nothing. Zero.
Can you distinguish the difference. Moral victory’s for fans. Compared to players.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Was listening to the Friday Hanging With the Boys Podcast, and Nate and Jesse (the players) were arguing about the whole moral victory thing with the other guys (the fans).

Nate wasn't buying it, and Jesse who played with the Romo Teams, the one that could never get to that next level, was worried these guys would take this as a victory too.

Everyone remembers the stories about Jimmy and how much he hated to lose and those famous confrontations in the plane ride back if he felt players were too happy after a loss.

Nate had a great point where next week is going to determine if they are for real. If they come out with the same intensity they did against the defending champs, try to avenge that tough loss, he'll know they are for real.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Was listening to the Friday Hanging With the Boys Podcast, and Nate and Jesse (the players) were arguing about the whole moral victory thing with the other guys (the fans).

Nate wasn't buying it, and Jesse who played with the Romo Teams, the one that could never get to that next level, was worried these guys would take this as a victory too.

Everyone remembers the stories about Jimmy and how much he hated to lose and those famous confrontations in the plane ride back if he felt players were too happy after a loss.

Nate had a great point where next week is going to determine if they are for real. If they come out with the same intensity they did against the defending champs, try to avenge that tough loss, he'll know they are for real.

Great point by Nate, a "moral victory" is only as good as what happens after. If they come out and lay an egg against the Chargers ...it mattered zilch. I also don't believe in moral victories when it comes to the NFL. Grown *** men are playing for their livelihoods, money and career. This ain't HS. I think it just makes some fans feel better in accepting the LOSS.

RoboQB

Reaction score
There are NO moral victories.
That said, if this team is a contender, they should run off
9-10 wins straight. They don't face a playoff team until week 11.

Pre-season week to week predictions, I had the Chargers winning
in week 2. Now, I say Dallas takes this one fairly easy.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If you ask me the general question, I'm not big on moral victories.

However, in certain circumstance they are a legitimate step forward. If some want to view this game as one, fine.

Big_D

Reaction score
Moral victories are ok at this point in a coaches tenure. If it was a decade later, then you have serious problems. This was a good game for the young players and should have them a little more prepared as the season progresses and game experience adds up!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No moral victory...we did go up there to win and it showed, we were wieghed, measured and found wanting. Bright side is I think its fixable, couple of personel changes on D, get some sort of a run game (I get what they were doing but man 50+ passes is not a good game plan) and stop the few mental errors we had, EI..poorly timed drops,penalties, wrong routes, and zone blitzing in the red zone (*** Quinn I never want to see Lawrence in coverage on an all pro TE in our redzone again)... and you got something here. No not a moral victory...but now we know what we are working with.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Moral victories are for teams in rebuilding mode used as a measuring stick that they are moving in the right direction. There are no moral victories for teams who want to be contenders.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
The last moral victory I subscribed to was during the 1991 season. Unfortunately for this franchise, we have an owner that loves them.

Big_D

Reaction score
Moral victories are for teams in rebuilding mode used as a measuring stick that they are moving in the right direction. There are no moral victories for teams who want to be contenders.

This D was nowhere near ready for a championship run. You're not rebuilding the whole thing, but this roster overall and specifically defense and special teams were not super bowl caliber. Thinking a few additions will have this team ready for a run over night seems very unrealistic. They were never contenders.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Moral victories are for losers who can't admit they lost. You win or lose. A tie is a moral victory if one at all.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
614-01180000en_Masterfile.jpg