There are moral victories

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This D was nowhere near ready for a championship run. You're not rebuilding the whole thing, but this roster overall and specifically defense and special teams were not super bowl caliber. Thinking a few additions will have this team ready for a run over night seems very unrealistic. They were never contenders.
So game exposed us as pretenders yet again.

Big_D

Reaction score
Please post standings showing moral victories column. I have never seen that before.

I think moral victory is the wrong term here. It’s definitely a building block for a young defense. Yes it was a tough loss but the D fought hard and that lesson now carries over. That is what this is. They could’ve gotten embarrassed or looked lost. It was none of those things. I saw a big step in a better direction.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
These men are well paid to play a game and WIN. There is no runner up trophy, no participation ribbons.

This is the goal:
gettyimages-728643-1517244510-757.jpg

Who was the Steelers LB, who son was not going to take a participation trophy home and he was not going to allow it, everyone team no matter where they finished got a trophy.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I get what you're saying, but to me moral victories are for high school. Professional sports are big money business where you are judged by winning, and a lot of games are close on the scoreboard.

Three of Brady's SB wins came in the final 20 seconds while a 4th happened in OT. It doesn't matter because he won. They weren't moral victories for the Rams, Panthers, Seahawks, or Falcons.

Jake---truth...big difference between super bowl and first game of season..so i dont agree on that point....and i had already agreed i hate term moral victory...but also the refs burned us in this game

we know that was OPI and helmet yanked off and thrown to ground suppose to be immediate unsportsman like conduct.....we got burned on two Obvious penalties that would have changed the game

taking all that into account....cowboys hang their heads high....except until Friday came...and Collins who came in fat last year injured his hip gone all season...chooses to ignore 7 urinalysis and gets

5 game suspensin ...100% on Collins...his covid excuse does not excuse him from going to the lab to give pee....so taking that into account...Cowboys no longer can hang head high cause they

again shoot themselves in the foot....i am so frustated again....so upset again...blame cowboys mangagment for not dealing with this obviously very immature Collins....so all of that...the moral victory

goes down the drain with Collins and managment....its for me 100% on McCarthey same guy who gives his DC buddy last year job and gives nod to have defense radcially changes over zoom

and little practice time....makes me so sick....and stuff like this will continue...Collins obviously had no fear of McCarthey to miss 7 pee tests?....would not have happened under Jimmy or Parcells

males me twice as angry when we give so much ammuntion for Steven A Smith..."what can go wrong will go wrong....its the cowboys...i am Inconsolable ..put the hate on me if it helps it dont matter

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
These men are well paid to play a game and WIN. There is no runner up trophy, no participation ribbons.

This is the goal:
gettyimages-728643-1517244510-757.jpg

after Fridays 5 game suspension cause Collins rather shoot cowboys in the foot and miss 7 pee tests...completely destroyed if there could be moral victory....i would take being a runner up to this stuff

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like this game WAY better than the game I thought I was going to see after the Bucs first drive. The Bucs drove down the field at will and scored, and I was like, "Oh, brother, a blowout." A blowout loss would have sucked WAY WAY worse than this. I like that we have a team that forced the Super Bowl champions to pull out all the stops to earn their win. I think we have a team with a chance to do well this season.

Cone--- and the refs purposely choose not to call obvious OPI...and worse...guy who yanks helmet off suppose to be immediate unsportsmanlike penalty...both highly probable to change game...but when friday

came and Collins shoots team in the foot....similar to coming in fat last year and injuring hip lost all season....why do such things consistently occur with us?....they dont fear thier coaches enough...my lowly

opinion.....makes me sick every year the hype we are to win it all....and we rarely get out of our own way to get past divsional round.....I just hope we can do good enough patchwork until Collins returns

and soon we get back 2 very good D lineman who are injured...it should help....Gregory and Lawrence have to "get home"...the 4th round pick of raiders DE white guy not fast no bend wrecks total havec

on Baltimore?....we got the talent....dont think that is our problem...remember for that long stretch in 2018 under Marinelli?...we had less quality players that shut down any high scores against us....I am

inconsolable after Friday's shoot in the foot again issue

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak is 4-11 when having to throw more than 50 passes.
it provides dak good stats, but it is a losing way to use him. This is something kellen doesnt get.
He is a ex passing qb and that is all he knows.
He said yards are yards lol, which shows he doesnt understand the run game or the value of being able to run the ball, and looking at their
blocking schemes,they will never be able to run consistently.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
guy who yanks helmet off suppose to be immediate unsportsmanlike penalty
that is a penalty, has been for years now, players have to know that.
If you want to take your helmet off, get off of the field.
The opi was not a full arm extension, that is why they didnt call it.

That said, the cowboys players played good, it was more coaching that lost the game.
The key is what they do in LA sunday.
Chargers look decent this year they added slater, and have a good OL.
They are not too good in redzone though. Settled for fg's against wash, really both teams
did that.
The chargers also have a good run game, but dont use it enough.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dandy--i watched over and over....it looked full enough extension to knock defender off balance and that is all needed....it was especially clear slow motion...from where i stood?

maybe i missed something?...oh yes i did miss something...a yellow flag...let me ask you Dandy in all honesty...dont know if you have game pass or not....but if you watched game one

last year 2020 against Rams....compare the OPI called on Gallup to non call on Godwin?...no where even close....if you call that on Gallup you got to call it on Godwin...can we at least

agree on that????....or am i still missing something???....yes i am...a yellow flag in Buc game....and i missed yellow flag staying in ref pocket in Ram game....but honestly i am very very

objective always...really????...heehehehehe

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jake---truth...big difference between super bowl and first game of season..so i dont agree on that point....and i had already agreed i hate term moral victory...but also the refs burned us in this game

Moral victories and blaming the refs are two signs of frustrated fans looking for hope. Contenders aren't in to moral victories or blaming the refs when they fail.

Dallas squandered red zone chances, missed kicks pros should make, and with the game on the line the defense wilted again. Nothing new, unfortunately.