Video: There are no excuses left for Dak’s mediocrity

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Dak is ok, he is not elite but you don't need elite to win in the NFL. I think we can win with Dak but not paying him 35 + a year. I would pay him no more than 27-28 million a year, at most and that is pushing it. Dak just is frustrating. He looks horrible on 3rd down all night, but then drops a dime on the final series that is called back and the next 2 throws a HS qB wouldn't have done, at least give someone on your team a chance in that situation, maybe get a miracle or a PI call but to just throw the ball no where near anyone was just stupid.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Ask yourself this people. If dak can’t win with this team... with this online..... receiving core.... all pro running back.... a coaching staff that doesn’t have Garret.... and in a division that is currently weak.

How are you going to expect him to win when he gets 40+ mil a year...and that hamstrings our ability to sign other players?

If dak can’t get it done with this roster how is he going to in the future? 3 pts second half. That’s on him as much as anyone.

He was good he needs to be great. If not after this year you franchise him again or let him walk.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ask yourself this people. If dak can’t win with this team... with this online..... receiving core.... all pro running back.... a coaching staff that doesn’t have Garret.... and in a division that is currently weak.

How are you going to expect him to win when he gets 40+ mil a year...and that hamstrings our ability to sign other players?

If dak can’t get it done with this roster how is he going to in the future? 3 pts second half. That’s on him as much as anyone.

He was good he needs to be great. If not after this year you franchise him again or let him walk.

That's the thing with the Dak homers on this forum. They want to pay him then use others around him as an excuse for his non-playmaker style of play.

It's time for Mr. 40 Million to put the team on his shoulders from time to time instead of waiting for the team to do it for him.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Romo was an elite quarterback in a trainwreck franchise who could put the team on his back and win games on many occasions. Dak is entirely dependent on being surrounded by elite talent, and if one or two pieces are missing, he's awful. He needs near perfection around him to be successful.

Romo's arm talent and accuracy don't reside in Dak, and his ability to read coverages pre-snap and during the play were exceptional. Dak doesn't seem to be progressing in that regard whatsoever. Romo made receivers like Austin, Robinson, Hurd, and Beasley effective beyond their actual talent. Dak holds receivers back from their potential.

The difference between the two is night and day. Even before the PI call, Dak was 1 for 7 on 3rd downs for 11 yards. A healthy Romo wins that game Sunday night going away.

this fan base turned on Romo way before he was elite.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would be so so happy if Stephen just got fed up with the whole negotiating process and told Dak that he can walk after the season.

I like elements of Dak as a player, but he just does not have enough talent to win it for you. He can help not screw it up and rely on others to make the plays, but Dak is unreliable — that’s not worth $40mil/yr

Yeah. Stephen.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Is Weeden still available? He should be cheap and maybe we can get that hippie from Clemson.

Ken

Reaction score
I would be so so happy if Stephen just got fed up with the whole negotiating process and told Dak that he can walk after the season.

I like elements of Dak as a player, but he just does not have enough talent to win it for you. He can help not screw it up and rely on others to make the plays, but Dak is unreliable — that’s not worth $40mil/yr
If only he had the "talent" of a Trubisky, or Mayfield, or Winston, or Darnold.

Dak has plenty of talent. He also plays the position the way a veteran plays it. He has for years, hence why he doesn't throw us out of games.

Brax

Reaction score
You know there are some great arguments for you guys to make but its hilarious that you guys quote Gottlieb, Herd and Whitlock in order to back up your claims lol.....literally the worst 3 people you could use lol.
I don't think a lot of people realize Jerry really likes Dak and Jerry believes he is a QB authority. Dak is going to the QB in Dallas for the long term, doesn't matter if the team goes 4-12. Jerry makes the calls and he will pay Dak. It is fun to discuss but in the end everyone better get use to Dak, average or elite doesn't matter because Jerry says so.

LittleD

Reaction score
I don't think that's an excuse..

Brady was a 6th round pick for a reason..

Wilson 3rd round for a reason.

If they had a draft re-do all of those guys would be 1st round picks including Dak.

Dak just needs to make plays and he needs to do it against teams that aren't terrible.

Atlanta is a team he should do well against.

He should but, most likely won't. Atlanta's rush should be able to move him and he doesn't respond well to pressure. I look for Atlanta to win in a squeaker.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here's the problem with this thinking. What are Dak's best attributes? IMO, rolling out, throwing out side the pocket. His ability to run. his ability to run the 2 minute O. There seems to be no rollout plays, no planned runs and they have him in the pocket running a slow o for most of the game. How great did Dak look last year in weeks 1,2,3 when Moore was using pre-snap motion all day, play action passing on early downs. He looked like an MVP candidate, and then for some reason it all stopped....never to be seen again. Why with 3 top wrs, is Zeke still having to plow through guys at the LOS? I blamed Garrett, but can't blame him now. If moore is bringing ZERO creativity, why is he here? Let me see Dak with a VET play caller like McCarthy and I will be able to make a fair judgement on his limitations and capabilities.

erod

Reaction score
If only he had the "talent" of a Trubisky, or Mayfield, or Winston, or Darnold.

Dak has plenty of talent. He also plays the position the way a veteran plays it. He has for years, hence why he doesn't throw us out of games.
He didn't beat a single playoff team this year. Dallas doesn't win one-score games. He has no idea what he's seeing pre-snap. His only read is to make a funny hand gesture to Cooper. He can't change coverage or plays at the line of scrimmage other than a route guess for a receiver.

And when he drops back, if the primary guy isn't open, his feet starting shuffling like Fred Flintstone and he either dumps it to Zeke or takes a sack. He has zero confidence in himself to adjust on the fly.

He is a middle of the road $18 million quarterback.

erod

Reaction score
Here's the problem with this thinking. What are Dak's best attributes? IMO, rolling out, throwing out side the pocket. His ability to run. his ability to run the 2 minute O. There seems to be no rollout plays, no planned runs and they have him in the pocket running a slow o for most of the game. How great did Dak look last year in weeks 1,2,3 when Moore was using pre-snap motion all day, play action passing on early downs. He looked like an MVP candidate, and then for some reason it all stopped....never to be seen again. Why with 3 top wrs, is Zeke still having to plow through guys at the LOS? I blamed Garrett, but can't blame him now. If moore is bringing ZERO creativity, why is he here? Let me see Dak with a VET play caller like McCarthy and I will be able to make a fair judgement on his limitations and capabilities.

Does that sound like a $40 million per year QB to you?

You can't call rollouts and gimmick plays every down to cover his severe limitations.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think a lot of people realize Jerry really likes Dak and Jerry believes he is a QB authority. Dak is going to the QB in Dallas for the long term, doesn't matter if the team goes 4-12. Jerry makes the calls and he will pay Dak. It is fun to discuss but in the end everyone better get use to Dak, average or elite doesn't matter because Jerry says so.
I honestly agree. When you think about it....Dak is probably the best draft pick they've had in a long time. Finding Dak in the 4th round is about as good as finding Romo. Especially when you factor in what Rams and Eagles had to do to get their guy.

The Dak pick is Jerry's card to say he's the smartest guy in the room even though we know they lucked into him.

That's why I don't see this team getting rid of him unless he simply falls flat on his face. I think that's why Cooper is here. When he was considered a bust Cowboys were the only team smart enough to trade a 1st for him. Jerry like those stories.

erod

Reaction score
If true, our current 26-year absence from the NFC championship game will last at least another 10 years.