Video: There are no excuses left for Dak’s mediocrity

kskboys

Reaction score
I haven't changed in my opinion of Dak. Like him for 25 mil, don't for 40 mil.

There was nothing I saw Sunday that says otherwise. To win w/ Dak, you need a good D. Which means you need to start putting major resources toward it. Which means 40 mil is a no.

erod

Reaction score
Why do you guys keep saying this 40 million he gets 32 million on the tag and 38 million next year......
OK, does that sound like a $38 million quarterback to you?

He's worth $15-20 million, and only because of his position.

You can't pay Gallup and CeeDee if you pay Dak that. You'll lose a lot of your best players as a result, and Dak will have to carry the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
OK, does that sound like a $38 million quarterback to you?

He's worth $15-20 million, and only because of his position.

You can't pay Gallup and CeeDee if you pay Dak that. You'll lose a lot of your best players as a result, and Dak will have to carry the team.
You can pay them whatever you want. The offensive line is the one you need to look at because that's the highest paid unit on the team and it ain't producing......And that 100 million dollar DE and Linebacker...worry about those guys then you can sign Gallup or CD....Lamb is in the 1st year of a 5 year deal why are you even worried about his contract what the hell?

phildadon86

Reaction score
He didn't beat a single playoff team this year. Dallas doesn't win one-score games. He has no idea what he's seeing pre-snap. His only read is to make a funny hand gesture to Cooper. He can't change coverage or plays at the line of scrimmage other than a route guess for a receiver.

And when he drops back, if the primary guy isn't open, his feet starting shuffling like Fred Flintstone and he either dumps it to Zeke or takes a sack. He has zero confidence in himself to adjust on the fly.

He is a middle of the road $18 million quarterback.
Last season alone he changed plays at the line for touchdowns on multiple occasions. It was even brought up in the Minnesota game by the announcing crew. But sure. Keep living in Romo dream land. What did Romo win us again? I mean he had all the talent in 2014. What did he win again? He had TO and Witten and Ware and Murray in their primes. What did he win? Curious

Brax

Reaction score
I honestly agree. When you think about it....Dak is probably the best draft pick they've had in a long time. Finding Dak in the 4th round is about as good as finding Romo. Especially when you factor in what Rams and Eagles had to do to get their guy.

The Dak pick is Jerry's card to say he's the smartest guy in the room even though we know they lucked into him.

That's why I don't see this team getting rid of him unless he simply falls flat on his face. I think that's why Cooper is here. When he was considered a bust Cowboys were the only team smart enough to trade a 1st for him. Jerry like those stories.
Cooper got paid to ensure help for Dak, that is a big reason why Dak is here to stay. After years of Jerry QB screw ups and near screw ups Dak isn't going anywhere while Jerry has control, he to old to start again with a new QB, it's Dak or bust.

kskboys

Reaction score
You can pay them whatever you want. The offensive line is the one you need to look at because that's the highest paid unit on the team and it ain't producing......And that 100 million dollar DE and Linebacker...worry about those guys then you can sign Gallup or CD....Lamb is in the 1st year of a 5 year deal why are you even worried about his contract what the hell?
No, you cannot pay them whatever they want.

That 20 mil we spent on Cooper would've been much better spent on DJ Reader at 13.5 mil/season. All those receivers didn't help in the 4th quarter when our DLine was getting owned as LA waltzed up and down the field completely owning TOP.

lukin2006

Reaction score
How many times in the 2nd half did Dak have at getting the winning touchdown...multiple times. The guy is a back-up at best. What we saw Sunday is a carryover from last year.

Dak is afraid of tossing the odd INT every once in a while. He needs his receivers in the perfect spot for him to target them...every now and then you need to put the ball up and let your receivers make the play...we are not winning with Prescott.

And our front office is still horrible. They have no clue about building depth. What were they thinking by keeping Shultz...jeesh?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Last season alone he changed plays at the line for touchdowns on multiple occasions. It was even brought up in the Minnesota game by the announcing crew. But sure. Keep living in Romo dream land. What did Romo win us again? I mean he had all the talent in 2014. What did he win again? He had TO and Witten and Ware and Murray in their primes. What did he win? Curious

Deflection.....Dak had all the talent last year, put up personal best stats.....and led Dallas to 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cooper got paid to ensure help for Dak, that is a big reason why Dak is here to stay. After years of Jerry QB screw ups and near screw ups Dak isn't going anywhere while Jerry has control, he to old to start again with a new QB, it's Dak or bust.
Cooper got paid because they spent a 1str rounder on him. Same reason Ramsey got paid too.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know there are some great arguments for you guys to make but its hilarious that you guys quote Gottlieb, Herd and Whitlock in order to back up your claims lol.....literally the worst 3 people you could use lol.

Oh because they didn't use YOUR guy. Okay.