Video: There are no excuses left for Dak’s mediocrity

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Sounds like our current defense. So you just proved my point. But keep defending your hero. Unless of course you want to admit that wins arent a QB stat

Doesn't sound like our current offense though right? One common thread that most people agree on when it comes to Romo is that he never had a decent enough OLine and by the time that was addressed he was already towards the downside of his career.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like our current offense though right? One common thread that most people agree on when it comes to Romo is that he never had a decent enough OLine and by the time that was addressed he was already towards the downside of his career.
Yup i always feared for his life behind some of those Olines. But the one where he had Adams, Gurode, and Davis was pretty damn solid and he still failed. With TO and Witten. So there you have it.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Correct. He was unequivocally a top-5 QB last year.

I dont want to come across as anti-Dak but he wasnt anywhere near a top 5 QB.

Forget the stats. Look at his performance against better teams. He had a losing record. Over all 8-8 is not top 5. Look at the NE, Jets, Eagles games. Where was he top 5

I always wanted Dak resigned & think we could win with him but lately Im starting to second guess myself.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Last season alone he changed plays at the line for touchdowns on multiple occasions. It was even brought up in the Minnesota game by the announcing crew. But sure. Keep living in Romo dream land. What did Romo win us again? I mean he had all the talent in 2014. What did he win again? He had TO and Witten and Ware and Murray in their primes. What did he win? Curious

get real: when they were 13-3 playing the giants at home in the playoffs, Romo had crayton drop two huge passes, TO was hurt and ineffective, and the defense gifted the giants a td seconds before halftime. And you mean Romo had the Murray who fumbled in Green Bay playoff game when he had a wide open lane to the end zone? That Murray ? You should watch some cowboy games sometimes.

phildadon86

Reaction score
get real: when they were 13-3 playing the giants at home in the playoffs, Romo had crayton drop two huge passes, TO was hurt and ineffective, and the defense gifted the giants a td seconds before halftime. And you mean Romo had the Murray who fumbled in Green Bay playoff game when he had a wide open lane to the end zone? That Murray ? You should watch some cowboy games sometimes.
LOL so again its everyone elses fault but Romo? Maybe Romo shouldnt have gone to Cabo the week of the game. @CowboyRoy This is hilarious. We can not blame anyone else but Dak. But for Romo we can blame EVERYONE else. @Hennessy_King please help me out here

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think you are off a little bit.

Crayton dropped 1 pass and stopped on another router which many people pencil in TDs if he connects on both.

T.O was hurt leading into the game but they indicated he was fine. He was effective. As a matter of fact, he was open in the red zone for what should have also been a TD in the 3rd quarter but Romo threw an inaccurate ball behind and high. We settled for a FG. Additionally TO twice had the coverage beat deep in the 4th quarter and they couldn’t connect. Miles Austin was also open deep that game and Romo couldn’t connect. The offensive line is blamed for pressure.

Murray did fumble but he didn’t have a wide open lane to the end zone. Clinton-Dix was back there waiting for him and Murray would have easily been tracked down. Hitting the home run was not his strong suit. He was pretty bad in the open field. We would have had great field position and the drive would have continued though.

Brax

Reaction score
Jerry is not paying Dak after this season ends.
Prescott if he's lucky will be on another team's bench pretty much at some point for the 2021 season.
You wanna know how much Dak stinks.....heck, not Jerry has given him a long term deal.
Dang even gimpy Jaylon got a deal....:oops:
Think of the stupid in Jerry and stupid Jerry has done. Jerry is not starting over at his age. You will not be happy but remember I told you so when it happens.

Naruto

Reaction score
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks BOTH Romo and Dak stunk.

Romo was a choke artist through and through. Highly entertaining to watch but someone you could never trust. Like dating a stripper

Dak is an above average QB elevated by the intangibles who knows someone will pay a ransom for him. I just hope it's not us.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks BOTH Romo and Dak stunk.

Romo was a choke artist through and through. Highly entertaining to watch but someone you could never trust. Like dating a stripper

Dak is an above average QB elevated by the intangibles who knows someone will pay a ransom for him. I just hope it's not us.
I can respect this. I have never understood why people have different opinions of these 2 QBs. If you loved one you should love the other and if you hated one you should hate the other, IMO. They are more similar to me than they are different.

Watching the games from 2006-2019 all seem to about the same, regardless of QB. It’s like it is the same frustrating team to watch.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Here's the problem with this thinking. What are Dak's best attributes? IMO, rolling out, throwing out side the pocket. His ability to run. his ability to run the 2 minute O. There seems to be no rollout plays, no planned runs and they have him in the pocket running a slow o for most of the game. How great did Dak look last year in weeks 1,2,3 when Moore was using pre-snap motion all day, play action passing on early downs. He looked like an MVP candidate, and then for some reason it all stopped....never to be seen again. Why with 3 top wrs, is Zeke still having to plow through guys at the LOS? I blamed Garrett, but can't blame him now. If moore is bringing ZERO creativity, why is he here? Let me see Dak with a VET play caller like McCarthy and I will be able to make a fair judgement on his limitations and capabilities.

Im kind of in this boat. I don’t think Dak is elite. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like him. I like him as a leader and his ability to avoid sacks and run etc. He’s got some attributes. But he also misses big plays...in this game he had a nice WR crossing for a big gain and could have let go but pulled it down for the sack. Have to pull the trigger. With all that said we watched them run hurry up before half, spread the field and look good. The second half we started running Zeke into their teeth, took out Pollard snd didn’t use our 3 stud WRs. I’m not saying this offense has to be built for Dak but it should be built for our weapons. You can’t stick Dak in a pocket on 3rd and mid to long and expect wins. You have to use what you have. He’s not elite but try and mitigate the negatives at least

LittleD

Reaction score
I seem to recall the Cowboys beating the Seahawks in the playoffs. I also recall Dak teams having a top 5 record against winning teams compared to other QB's.

But hey, if you want to sound stupid, by all means go ahead.

Brady and Brees he will never be? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

you going to get rid of every QB that isn't Brees or Brady. Good luck with that.

Another QB challenged troll that doesn't understand football.

Not last year my friend but, homer's love to spout off with rose colored glasses in tow. Keep up blind tom.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I think you are off a little bit.

Crayton dropped 1 pass and stopped on another router which many people pencil in TDs if he connects on both.

T.O was hurt leading into the game but they indicated he was fine. He was effective. As a matter of fact, he was open in the red zone for what should have also been a TD in the 3rd quarter but Romo threw an inaccurate ball behind and high. We settled for a FG. Additionally TO twice had the coverage beat deep in the 4th quarter and they couldn’t connect. Miles Austin was also open deep that game and Romo couldn’t connect. The offensive line is blamed for pressure.

Murray did fumble but he didn’t have a wide open lane to the end zone. Clinton-Dix was back there waiting for him and Murray would have easily been tracked down. Hitting the home run was not his strong suit. He was pretty bad in the open field. We would have had great field position and the drive would have continued though.

yup, I was off a little...as soon as I hit send I realized crayton had 2 big mistakes and the second was quitting on the play at the end of the game that may have been a game winner. And I thought TO was mostly a decoy but don’t know his stats. And for Murray, I remembered the famous pic taken from behind him that showed a huge hole and nothing between him and the end zone. Didn’t know Dix was there and Murray was no speed demon either. Thanks for reminder.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
DAK can't win inaccurate

against good teams -2 - 8

how can you not blame Dak
Jerry is not paying Dak after this season ends.
Prescott if he's lucky will be on another team's bench pretty much at some point for the 2021 season.
You wanna know how much Dak stinks.....heck, not Jerry has given him a long term deal.
Dang even gimpy Jaylon got a deal....:oops:

glimmerman

Reaction score
We shall see. The weeks will fly by. So far I have seen no change in the plays being called. If he is running the same predictable plays then it’s hard to tell if he has improved. He made some good passes. He can’t play Defense for us.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Pappy, If Dak doesn’t take it up a notch,I’m with you on going in another direction. Only question I have is who are they gonna replace him with because I don’t believe dalton will be better, I’m sorry. He’s getting old and been beat on a long time up there in cinncinati. Go ahead and give me your reason for feeling that way.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think it's reasonable to expect the OL to improve once Collins returns and Biadasz takes over at center. Let's hope it's not too late by then.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Pappy, If Dak doesn’t take it up a notch,I’m with you on going in another direction. Only question I have is who are they gonna replace him with because I don’t believe dalton will be better, I’m sorry. He’s getting old and been beat on a long time up there in cinncinati. Go ahead and give me your reason for feeling that way.

I'm hoping Ben Dinucci will be tested next year and fare well enough to become a backup in Dalton's place.

Drafting a QB may not be a bad idea, either. We had better be prepared in case Dak isn't re-signed in 2021.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I dont want to come across as anti-Dak but he wasnt anywhere near a top 5 QB.

Forget the stats. Look at his performance against better teams. He had a losing record. Over all 8-8 is not top 5. Look at the NE, Jets, Eagles games. Where was he top 5
I’m with you but I hope he gets a chance. They
I always wanted Dak resigned & think we could win with him but lately Im starting to second guess myself.
I think it's reasonable to expect the OL to improve once Collins returns and Biadasz takes over at center. Let's hope it's not too late by then.
I’m gonna stay with the coach. I believe in this coaching staff, let’s give them time to evaluate the roster. First freakin time I’ve believed in a coach in many years. And as you say, hope it ain’t too late.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I’m gonna stay with the coach. I believe in this coaching staff, let’s give them time to evaluate the roster. First freakin time I’ve believed in a coach in many years. And as you say, hope it ain’t too late.

Absolutely, I don't expect this stuff to happen overnight or anything.

Eventually, there's a good chance it might come to pass. We'll see.

Like most of us, I'm pulling for MM to do well in the months ahead.

Last edited: