Video: There are no excuses left for Dak’s mediocrity

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat.

You think Trubisky is just as good?

You stated Dak was a Top 5 QB and heralded him like so many other Dak defenders but then say "but it's a TEAM game". Well, I do not think Dak LED his TEAM.

As for Trubisky, I have not followed his career but simply based on stats he has not gotten the job done. That said, since his rookie season in 2017 where he posted a 4-8 record, he has led Chicago to a record of 20-10 which when compared to the Dak led Cowboys (18-15) is better in terms of team performance.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Romo was an elite quarterback in a trainwreck franchise who could put the team on his back and win games on many occasions. Dak is entirely dependent on being surrounded by elite talent, and if one or two pieces are missing, he's awful. He needs near perfection around him to be successful.

Romo's arm talent and accuracy don't reside in Dak, and his ability to read coverages pre-snap and during the play were exceptional. Dak doesn't seem to be progressing in that regard whatsoever. Romo made receivers like Austin, Robinson, Hurd, and Beasley effective beyond their actual talent. Dak holds receivers back from their potential.

The difference between the two is night and day. Even before the PI call, Dak was 1 for 7 on 3rd downs for 11 yards. A healthy Romo wins that game Sunday night going away.
Reported

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Jerry can also use the transition tag next year, get back some real good draft capital (2 1st, 1st and a 3rd...etc) and still look like a genius from what he made out a 4th round comp pick.
Dude , you are living in a fantasy world if you believe that can happen. And so are the rest of these folks that believe MM will sit Dak. The only way that would happen is if Dak got hurt. Get real!

phildadon86

Reaction score
You stated Dak was a Top 5 QB and heralded him like so many other Dak defenders but then say "but it's a TEAM game". Well, I do not think Dak LED his TEAM.

As for Trubisky, I have not followed his career but simply based on stats he has not gotten the job done. That said, since his rookie season in 2017 where he posted a 4-8 record, he has led Chicago to a record of 20-10 which when compared to the Dak led Cowboys (18-15) is better in terms of team performance.
Romo's career record against winning teams from 2009-2016 is 18-24. Want to continue this conversation? @CowboyRoy This guy serious?

johneric8

Reaction score
“They don’t beat good teams with Dak Prescott as their Quarterback.”

Another idiotic post regurgitating Dak hate that really shouldn't exist.. Lets be honest here for a second, Dak played well enough to win, and in years past there have been many super bowl teams lucky to get the play that Prescott put on display against the Rams! He protected the football, make some great throws, and even threw a dime in crunch time that possibly could of won the game had the pass interference not been called.. I think we can all agree that there were many touchdown passes thrown throughout the NFL on sunday with worse contact, but alas, the boys got hosed.. There were some bad calls on each side, like the timeout fiasco, but make no mistake about it, that was a beautiful pass by Dak in crunch time and he was a victim of bad luck here. If that pass goes in for a touchdown and we win, Dak is all of the sudden "Clutch"...

Sometimes I feel people just look for the bad as opposed to be objective. Do you guys not realize that this is nearly a new team? New coaches, lots of new players, new defensive scheme and lots of injuries. This is a far from normal season and I'm saddened that some of you are already throwing Dak and Big Mike under the bus. I told my family before the game to expect a loss, I mentioned that with so much new under the hood, we needed to expect some lumps coming our way and that is exactly what happened. The team needs to fail before it can remedy it's issues, and I for one believe that some of this spotty play is about cohesiveness. I will never understand the Dak hate, to my eyes I see a guy whom protects the football and makes big timely plays. In fact, after the game I thought he was one of the best players on the field that day. If Dak was gone, you guys would miss him very quickly, this I guarantee.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What team did Romo have that had a RB like Zeke and that WR corp?
Oh stop. Romo had teams with prime TO and Prime Witten. Not to mention an HOF OL and Demarco Murray. Always excuses for Romo but not for Dak. This site never ceases to amaze.

As many here have said. "It doesnt matter because good players lift their teams" Well Romo according to that statistic above didnt lead anything against winning teams except a losing record.

Now can we go back to arguing if winning is a team or QB stat? Thanks

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Oh stop. Romo had teams with prime TO and Prime Witten. Not to mention an HOF OL and Demarco Murray. Always excuses for Romo but not for Dak. This site never ceases to amaze.

As many here have said. "It doesnt matter because good players lift their teams" Well Romo according to that statistic above didnt lead anything against winning teams except a losing record.

Now can we go back to arguing if winning is a team or QB stat? Thanks

Again, stacked at the OLine, and a defense? Murray has like 1 good year and then was shipped off. TO again a few years and then went full ******. Most of the Romo years were spent running for his life because of no offensive line - finally the lightbulb goes off for Jerry and he drafts Tyron Smith. But even so, the defense continues to languish. Tony Romo never had a team that was anywhere close to the talent we have on paper today.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Again, stacked at the OLine, and a defense? Murray has like 1 good year and then was shipped off. TO again a few years and then went full ******. Most of the Romo years were spent running for his life because of no offensive line - finally the lightbulb goes off for Jerry and he drafts Tyron Smith. But even so, the defense continues to languish. Tony Romo never had a team that was anywhere close to the talent we have on paper today.
Im sorry. Who on any of Dak Prescotts team is going to the HOF on defense. Because i damn well know Demarcus Ware is going. You make it seem like guys like Terrance Newman were scrubs lol. Anything to protect your idol I guess.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Yes, the individual was a top 5 player at his position. The team was not a top 5 team. They are two entirely separate things.

You're going to give yourself a hernia trying to make Trubisky a peer of Dak.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Im sorry. Who on any of Dak Prescotts team is going to the HOF on defense. Because i damn well know Demarcus Ware is going. You make it seem like guys like Terrance Newman were scrubs lol. Anything to protect your idol I guess.

Majority of those defenses were scrubs with a few good players mixed in.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Another idiotic post regurgitating Dak hate that really shouldn't exist.. Lets be honest here for a second, Dak played well enough to win, and in years past there have been many super bowl teams lucky to get the play that Prescott put on display against the Rams! He protected the football, make some great throws, and even threw a dime in crunch time that possibly could of won the game had the pass interference not been called.. I think we can all agree that there were many touchdown passes thrown throughout the NFL on sunday with worse contact, but alas, the boys got hosed.. There were some bad calls on each side, like the timeout fiasco, but make no mistake about it, that was a beautiful pass by Dak in crunch time and he was a victim of bad luck here. If that pass goes in for a touchdown and we win, Dak is all of the sudden "Clutch"...

Sometimes I feel people just look for the bad as opposed to be objective. Do you guys not realize that this is nearly a new team? New coaches, lots of new players, new defensive scheme and lots of injuries. This is a far from normal season and I'm saddened that some of you are already throwing Dak and Big Mike under the bus. I told my family before the game to expect a loss, I mentioned that with so much new under the hood, we needed to expect some lumps coming our way and that is exactly what happened. The team needs to fail before it can remedy it's issues, and I for one believe that some of this spotty play is about cohesiveness. I will never understand the Dak hate, to my eyes I see a guy whom protects the football and makes big timely plays. In fact, after the game I thought he was one of the best players on the field that day. If Dak was gone, you guys would miss him very quickly, this I guarantee.

I don't think the problem is people thinking Dak isn't good.

There is a lot of context here we have to look at.

Dak is a media darling. Everyone wants him to get that big contract.

The problem with Dak is are you really going to give him elite / playmaker QB money when he isn't that type of player and most likely never will be?

rags747

Reaction score
Would Dalton make quicker reads and get the ball out faster?

rags747

Reaction score
I don't think a lot of people realize Jerry really likes Dak and Jerry believes he is a QB authority. Dak is going to the QB in Dallas for the long term, doesn't matter if the team goes 4-12. Jerry makes the calls and he will pay Dak. It is fun to discuss but in the end everyone better get use to Dak, average or elite doesn't matter because Jerry says so.
And this I agree with, I’m thinking Jerry is already locked into Dak unless McCarthy and others tell Jerry that Dak is what he is. It’s going to take an all out insider riot to get Jerry to pivot from Dak imo...

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think a lot of people realize Jerry really likes Dak and Jerry believes he is a QB authority. Dak is going to the QB in Dallas for the long term, doesn't matter if the team goes 4-12. Jerry makes the calls and he will pay Dak. It is fun to discuss but in the end everyone better get use to Dak, average or elite doesn't matter because Jerry says so.

Jerry is not paying Dak after this season ends.
Prescott if he's lucky will be on another team's bench pretty much at some point for the 2021 season.
You wanna know how much Dak stinks.....heck, not Jerry has given him a long term deal.
Dang even gimpy Jaylon got a deal....:oops:

phildadon86

Reaction score
DAK can't win inaccurate

against good teams -2 - 8

how can you not blame Dak
Same way we couldnt blame Romo for HIS LOSING RECORD against WINNING TEAMS. Its a TEAM sport. Go look up Romo's record against winning teams.