Video: There are no excuses left for Dak’s mediocrity

jjktkk

Reaction score
You can win with Dak, but he doesn't have the "it" factor, doesn't have the juice I like in a franchise QB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pappy, If Dak doesn’t take it up a notch,I’m with you on going in another direction. Only question I have is who are they gonna replace him with because I don’t believe dalton will be better, I’m sorry. He’s getting old and been beat on a long time up there in cinncinati. Go ahead and give me your reason for feeling that way.

We do what every other team does when their biggest need is a QB.
Draft, trade, in house development whatever it takes as the Dak experiment is like a bad marriage doomed for divorce!
I am not aware of your age but I have witnessed the Cowboy glory and we are looking at 30 years of hunger and another crop of lost talents if we continue to go with Prescott.
Dak is a DUD!

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Absolutely, I don't expect this stuff to happen overnight or anything.

Eventually, there's a good chance it might come to pass. We'll see.

Like most of us, I'm pulling for MM to do well in the months ahead.
Draft, trade, in house development whatever it takes as the Dak experiment is like a bad marriage doomed for divorce!
I am not aware of your age but I have witnessed the Cowboy glory and we are looking at 30 years of hunger and another crop of lost talents if we continue to go with Prescott.
Dak is a DUD!
Dak is a DUD!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

I don't cater to the idea that Dak is a dud, although, I don't cater to the idea that he's an "elite" QB, either.

I've been following the Cowboys since their inception in 1960, so, it's not like I'm unfamiliar w/their history.

The Dallas FO may or may not be receptive to Dak's demands in the next offseason. We'll see what gives.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I don't cater to the idea that Dak is a dud, although, I don't cater to the idea that he's an "elite" QB, either.

I've been following the Cowboys since their inception in 1960, so, it's not like I'm unfamiliar w/their history.
About 1964 for me, Don Meridith and Bullett Bob Hayes. Lilly, Renfro, Lee Roy Jordan and all that bunch.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
About 1964 for me, Don Meridith and Bullett Bob Hayes. Lilly, Renfro Lee Roy Jordan and all that bunch.

They were definitely a classic example of what the glory days were like when that bunch was "large and in charge." If we ever return to that level of domination again, I'll be ecstatic! I started watching them in the days of Eddie Le Baron and those backing him. They were quite interesting, too. ;)

Anyway, welcome to the CowboysZone. Hope you stick around for many years to come. I've had a hand-signed book for some time now, called "A Cowboys Life," hand-signed by Bob Lilly, himself. It's one of my favorite Dallas Cowboys' possessions, of which, I have quite a few. :D

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not last year my friend but, homer's love to spout off with rose colored glasses in tow. Keep up blind tom.

You said he doesn't do it. I showed you where he has. last year is a nice carrot for you, too bad for you Dak has been in the league 4 years.

And besides, teams win and lose, not QB's.

By the way, I am the one running around the board saying the season is pretty much over for anything special so your new claim that I am a homer is another dumb claim debunked instantly.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
They were definitely a classic example of what the glory days were like when that bunch was "large and in charge." If we ever return to that level of domination again, I'll be ecstatic! I started watching them in the days of Eddie Le Baron and those backing him. They were quite interesting, too. ;)
Amen to that!!

Anyway, welcome to the CowboysZone. Hope you stick around for many years to come. I've had a hand-signed book for some time now, called "A Cowboys Life," hand-signed by Bob Lilly, himself. It's one of my favorite Dallas Cowboys' possessions, of which, I have quite a few. :D

Philmonroe

Reaction score

The Dallas FO may or may not be receptive to Dak's demands in the next offseason. We'll see what gives.
You just said what he was and that isn't good enough. He's Kirk Cousins and Alex Smith level. You get rid of those types of qb's as soon as possible or end up just average for years. See what happened when KC tried to improve and got it right. We need to try also even if we get it wrong. I rather that then staying average at the position for the next 7-8 years.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I would be so so happy if Stephen just got fed up with the whole negotiating process and told Dak that he can walk after the season.

I like elements of Dak as a player, but he just does not have enough talent to win it for you. He can help not screw it up and rely on others to make the plays, but Dak is unreliable — that’s not worth $40mil/yr

Dak: I want $45 million per year
Jerry: He must be pretty good to demand those monies.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
He's right in that Dak can't beat the good teams in big games. But, that should have been known since he was a 4th round pick for a reason. Dak is a good person and a good leader but,
even with a great surrounding cast, he can't overcome his limitations. His defensive reads and mechanics are problematic at best. Brady/Brees he isn't and will never be.

only Brady and wilson have better records vs winning teams since 2016. But go on.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
yup, I was off a little...as soon as I hit send I realized crayton had 2 big mistakes and the second was quitting on the play at the end of the game that may have been a game winner. And I thought TO was mostly a decoy but don’t know his stats. And for Murray, I remembered the famous pic taken from behind him that showed a huge hole and nothing between him and the end zone. Didn’t know Dix was there and Murray was no speed demon either. Thanks for reminder.
Murray impressed scouts with an official 40 time of 4.41 and an unofficial time of 4.38. However he also had a good showing in the bench press, vertical jump (34.5) and broad jump (10-4) to prove that he has the speed, strength, athleticism and size (6-1/207) to be an NFL back.Mar 1, 2011

NFL Combine Results: DeMarco Murray Improves His Draft ...
www.crimsonandcreammachine.com › nfl-combine-result...

landryscorner

Reaction score
The DAK experiment is over folks.....if this continues there is no way cowboys lock him up long term next year. DAK has about 7 games to impress the Jones or he is DONE in DALLAS.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
If Dak is mediocre, what does that make Wentz?

Wentz turned the ball over 3 times Sunday on his own end of the field to blow a 17-0 lead against a bad team.

Jipper

Reaction score
daks going to win some games, lose some games, but its fairly clear that he wont be the elite qb that wills this team to win big games....unfortunately he just hasn't made that leap....good qb yes, worthy of a big contract probably but not a monster 40mil one....he just needs to have some help around him.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Murray impressed scouts with an official 40 time of 4.41 and an unofficial time of 4.38. However he also had a good showing in the bench press, vertical jump (34.5) and broad jump (10-4) to prove that he has the speed, strength, athleticism and size (6-1/207) to be an NFL back.Mar 1, 2011

thought I remembered he had a good initial burst but wasn’t the fastest after first 10 yards and could be run down...it has been a while since then though...:

NFL Combine Results: DeMarco Murray Improves His Draft ...
www.crimsonandcreammachine.com › nfl-combine-result...

GoJacks

Reaction score
really glad you arent a GM, you NON EX FT Dak and get something for him, no lettings guys walk when they have big value..i agree let Dak and his agent test the market, then trade him and get something ..
The question is what would his value really be as a FA or on the trade market? I really don't think he's getting close $40M a year as a FA. I don't even think he gets $30M.

GoJacks

Reaction score
If only he had the "talent" of a Trubisky, or Mayfield, or Winston, or Darnold.

Dak has plenty of talent. He also plays the position the way a veteran plays it. He has for years, hence why he doesn't throw us out of games.
He hasn't thrown them into games either like $40M QB should when it's needed....