CFZ There are zero dominant teams in the NFC this year

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a great opportunity the Cowboys have this year in the playoffs. When you look at the current NFL landscape, honestly there are no juggernauts. There are no consistently dominant teams.

Looking at the playoff teams in the NFC, it’s hard to pinpoint any one team as having the most momentum. All teams have strengths but their weaknesses are there too.

Looking at the current top 4 NFC teams going into the playoffs, none of them scare me- They all have strengths of course but their weaknesses are there too.
  • Philly- their once strong running game has become average. And who knows how bad Hurts’ shoulder is. Their defense has suffered big injuries too. They are limping into the tournament.
  • SF- yes they have a great D, yet somehow that D gave up 34 to Oakland’s backup QB yesterday. And, more importantly, they continue to count on a 7th round rookie QB to not fall apart. Brock Purdy’s clock is ticking for a melt down.
  • Dallas- we’re as good or better than anyone in the NFC. Just have to prove it on the road.
  • Minn- the worst 12-4 team in the league. Cousins is terrible when facing good teams. Their defense is completely inconsistent.
  • GB- if they get in the playoffs, they could be the scariest team in the tournament. They’re hot and Rodgers has no fear.
  • TB- Brady is the GOAT but Father Time has been gently rapping on his door this year. He’s still capable of great moments but not consistently. The TB defense is just ok.
  • NYG- probably just glad to be in.
Bottom line for me- this year’s playoffs are an excellent opportunity for the Cowboys to win some playoff games. But more than likely they must become tough road warriors. It’s all there for the taking.

Respect is earned in the playoffs!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Out of the above GB should scare the hell out of everybody. Love or hate him, Rodgers is possibly the GOAT, and their D is finally playing up to expectations. They are turning things around at the right time while the other teams you mention are not. I still think the SF defense can carry them all the way. Oakland has weapons and had a new QB which is always a challenge until teams can see tape and scheme

ryanbabs

Reaction score
What a great opportunity the Cowboys have this year in the playoffs. When you look at the current NFL landscape, honestly there are no juggernauts. There are no consistently dominant teams.

Looking at the playoff teams in the NFC, it’s hard to pinpoint any one team as having the most momentum. All teams have strengths but their weaknesses are there too.

Looking at the current top 4 NFC teams going into the playoffs, none of them scare me- They all have strengths of course but their weaknesses are there too.
  • Philly- their once strong running game has become average. And who knows how bad Hurts’ shoulder is. Their defense has suffered big injuries too. They are limping into the tournament.
  • SF- yes they have a great D, yet somehow that D gave up 34 to Oakland’s backup QB yesterday. And, more importantly, they continue to count on a 7th round rookie QB to not fall apart. Brock Purdy’s clock is ticking for a melt down.
  • Dallas- we’re as good or better than anyone in the NFC. Just have to prove it on the road.
  • Minn- the worst 12-4 team in the league. Cousins is terrible when facing good teams. Their defense is completely inconsistent.
  • GB- if they get in the playoffs, they could be the scariest team in the tournament. They’re hot and Rodgers has no fear.
  • TB- Brady is the GOAT but Father Time has been gently rapping on his door this year. He’s still capable of great moments but not consistently. The TB defense is just ok.
Bottom line for me- this year’s playoffs are an excellent opportunity for the Cowboys to win some playoff games. But more than likely they must become tough road warriors. It’s all there for the taking.

Great points as usual. I think the Vikings are probably the worse 12-win team in NFL history. :muttley:

75boyz

Reaction score

Great illustration of just how truly wide open the conference is this year.
In cases like these I would like to think a strong HEAD coaching performance could really make a difference. But after a total FAIL last year, I'm not holding my breath.

Am truly curious to see what this head coach's role will look like in the Cowboys overall playoff performance this year.

Because yep, I'm your biggest supporter of your av meme "Respect is earned in the Playoffs".
The regular season journey just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Probably just me, LOL.

shabazz

Reaction score
Hard to argue with this although I believe the Niners game was an anomaly. Their larger sample size says so.

however, I’ve said that I believe that the Cowboys CAN possibly win 2 games in the postseason because of the schizophrenic teams that Bob just listed in detail.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Philly's championship aspirations are on a knife edge and trending downward in a big way. Hurts and Lane Johnson are probably their two most important players and we already know one of them won't be 100%. And Gardner Johnson was THE key player on the back end creating their turnover differential. And then they lose Maddox and Sweat on top of that. They've been decimated with injuries at a crucial time. I'll be surprised if they advance far unless some of these guys heal very quickly.

Gaede

Reaction score
This is exactly right. There is no clear cut favorite in the NFC. There are some lesser teams though, NYG, TB, GB (or whoever ends up making it). Conditions are ripe for a playoff run. But you just never know with the Cowboys

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great illustration of just how truly wide open the conference is this year.
In cases like these I would like to think a strong HEAD coaching performance could really make a difference. But after a total FAIL last year, I'm not holding my breath.

Am truly curious to see what this head coach's role will look like in the Cowboys overall playoff performance this year.

Because yep, I'm your biggest supporter of your av meme "Respect is earned in the Playoffs".
The regular season journey just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Probably just me, LOL.
I agree that head coaches really matter in the playoffs. Getting your team mentally prepared is critical. Big Mac has an opportunity to erase that horrible playoff game last year where his team sleepwalked through three quarters.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I wish our defense was healthier. I'd feel much more confident. With that said, I agree with the OP that the NFC is there for the taking. Every team has some deficiencies. Hopefully we can take advantage.

I know all about our history, but time has a way of changing things. Invest some good energy into this team fans.

:)

Rayman70

Reaction score
the niners are the best in the NFC and the Bills in the AFC. The Chiefs have some really rough games. Bills and Niners are the 2 most physical teams that are schoolyard bullies. Those are usually the teams that rise to the top this time of year. Until I see it, we are just window dressing.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's going to come down to QB play. Which one do you think can win 3 games in a row to get to the SB? Can Dak?
It usually does and I think the gunslinger version of Dak will be necessary to advance to the Championship game. Yes, he is throwing too many picks, but with opponents stacking the LOS to stop the run, the Cowboys need Dak to be decisive and aggressive, not double clutching and missing opportunities. Hilton is going to be huge in the playoffs. Dak will be confident in him to be where he is supposed to be and on time.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Philly- their once strong running game has become average. And who knows how bad Hurts’ shoulder is. Their defense has suffered big injuries too. They are limping into the tournament.

SF- yes they have a great D, yet somehow that D gave up 34 to Oakland’s backup QB yesterday. And, more importantly, they continue to count on a 7th round rookie QB to not fall apart. Brock Purdy’s clock is ticking for a melt down.

Dallas- we’re as good or better than anyone in the NFC. Just have to prove it on the road.

Minn- the worst 12-4 team in the league. Cousins is terrible when facing good teams. Their defense is completely inconsistent.

GB- if they get in the playoffs, they could be the scariest team in the tournament. They’re hot and Rodgers has no fear.

TB- Brady is the GOAT but Father Time has been gently rapping on his door this year. He’s still capable of great moments but not consistently. The TB defense is just ok.

NYG- probably just glad to be in.

Its crazy SF is 12-4 with Brock Purdy