CFZ There are zero dominant teams in the NFC this year

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What a great opportunity the Cowboys have this year in the playoffs. When you look at the current NFL landscape, honestly there are no juggernauts. There are no consistently dominant teams.

Looking at the playoff teams in the NFC, it’s hard to pinpoint any one team as having the most momentum. All teams have strengths but their weaknesses are there too.

Looking at the current top 4 NFC teams going into the playoffs, none of them scare me- They all have strengths of course but their weaknesses are there too.
  • Philly- their once strong running game has become average. And who knows how bad Hurts’ shoulder is. Their defense has suffered big injuries too. They are limping into the tournament.
  • SF- yes they have a great D, yet somehow that D gave up 34 to Oakland’s backup QB yesterday. And, more importantly, they continue to count on a 7th round rookie QB to not fall apart. Brock Purdy’s clock is ticking for a melt down.
  • Dallas- we’re as good or better than anyone in the NFC. Just have to prove it on the road.
  • Minn- the worst 12-4 team in the league. Cousins is terrible when facing good teams. Their defense is completely inconsistent.
  • GB- if they get in the playoffs, they could be the scariest team in the tournament. They’re hot and Rodgers has no fear.
  • TB- Brady is the GOAT but Father Time has been gently rapping on his door this year. He’s still capable of great moments but not consistently. The TB defense is just ok.
  • NYG- probably just glad to be in.
Bottom line for me- this year’s playoffs are an excellent opportunity for the Cowboys to win some playoff games. But more than likely they must become tough road warriors. It’s all there for the taking.

Respect is earned in the playoffs!

Good post. I'm waiting for the clock to strike midnight on Brock Purdy, but that defense may be able to cover up for any future mistakes he might make. Problem is ... which coach outside of his coach can exploit Purdy's weaknesses? I'm not impressed by any of the coaches in the NFC outside of Shanahan.

But you're right. This is a PERFECT opportunity for the Cowboys, even if they have to do it on the road. I actually prefer the road better. I just think we'd be more focused being the No. 5 seed than the No. 1 seed. I think there'd be more a relaxed atmosphere full of glitz and glitter and people fawning over the Cowboys as the expected Super Bowl representatives if we played at Jerry World than if we had to grind it out on the road, trudging through Tampa and Philly to finally play the Niners for the right to move on to the Super Bowl.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the niners are the best in the NFC and the Bills in the AFC. The Chiefs have some really rough games. Bills and Niners are the 2 most physical teams that are schoolyard bullies. Those are usually the teams that rise to the top this time of year. Until I see it, we are just window dressing.
Ray I agree for the most part about the niners, but that “schoolyard bully” defense just gave up 34 to Oakland’s average backup QB. Not saying they aren’t a good D- just saying they aren’t great.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It usually does and I think the gunslinger version of Dak will be necessary to advance to the Championship game. Yes, he is throwing too many picks, but with opponents stacking the LOS to stop the run, the Cowboys need Dak to be decisive and aggressive, not double clutching and missing opportunities. Hilton is going to be huge in the playoffs. Dak will be confident in him to be where he is supposed to be and on time.
I've said this too. We're not beating Tampa, Philly or San Fran without an aggressive Dak. Teams are going to make him beat them, and he has to be ready for the opportunity.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've said this too. We're not beating Tampa, Philly or San Fran without an aggressive Dak. Teams are going to make him beat them, and he has to be ready for the opportunity.

I think he can but he MUST eliminate those INT's., don't take sacks and do not fumble if and when he is sacked.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think he can but he MUST eliminate those INT's., don't take sacks and do not fumble if and when he is sacked.
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly.
Wasn't it Parcells that said an incompletion is better than an interception? Or something like that? :huh:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ray I agree for the most part about the niners, but that “schoolyard bully” defense just gave up 34 to Oakland’s average backup QB. Not saying they aren’t a good D- just saying they aren’t great.
they are our Bully. Until we show we can beat the bully...

duane33

Reaction score
What a great opportunity the Cowboys have this year in the playoffs. When you look at the current NFL landscape, honestly there are no juggernauts. There are no consistently dominant teams.

Looking at the playoff teams in the NFC, it’s hard to pinpoint any one team as having the most momentum. All teams have strengths but their weaknesses are there too.

Looking at the current top 4 NFC teams going into the playoffs, none of them scare me- They all have strengths of course but their weaknesses are there too.
  • Philly- their once strong running game has become average. And who knows how bad Hurts’ shoulder is. Their defense has suffered big injuries too. They are limping into the tournament.
  • SF- yes they have a great D, yet somehow that D gave up 34 to Oakland’s backup QB yesterday. And, more importantly, they continue to count on a 7th round rookie QB to not fall apart. Brock Purdy’s clock is ticking for a melt down.
  • Dallas- we’re as good or better than anyone in the NFC. Just have to prove it on the road.
  • Minn- the worst 12-4 team in the league. Cousins is terrible when facing good teams. Their defense is completely inconsistent.
  • GB- if they get in the playoffs, they could be the scariest team in the tournament. They’re hot and Rodgers has no fear.
  • TB- Brady is the GOAT but Father Time has been gently rapping on his door this year. He’s still capable of great moments but not consistently. The TB defense is just ok.
Bottom line for me- this year’s playoffs are an excellent opportunity for the Cowboys to win some playoff games. But more than likely they must become tough road warriors. It’s all there for the taking.

Healthy Hurts, Phila has to be the favorite.
Dallas has too many injuries on D, Im worried about that. Quinn has to come up big.
Dak has to prove he is 40 mill/yr, he is paid to overcome injuries on his team. Only 1 playoff win in 7 seasons. and I'm nervous about going into Tampa. They haven't beaten Brady ever.
Pollard needs the ball more, so does M. Davis. and where is WR J Washington?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Raiders are much better than their record might indicate. They had some really bizarre close loses. Carr is to blame for much of that. Jacobs and Adams are crazy good and they have players on D.

jwitten82

Reaction score

For Dallas, you can definitely put our defense has fell off a bit

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they are our Bully. Until we show we can beat the bully...
There’s an old saying in sports- “You are what you have been until you prove it otherwise.” The Cowboys have been a mentally soft early exit playoff team for far too long. Until we win some playoff GAMES (plural) we are what we have been.

The good news is we have a chance to change all that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
There’s an old saying in sports- “You are what you have been until you prove it otherwise.” The Cowboys have been a mentally soft early exit playoff team for far too long. Until we win some playoff GAMES (plural) we are what we have been.

agree on all counts.

duane33

Reaction score

BTW, is Zeke's contract up after this year? He's worn out, never should have drafted him, passed on Jalen Ramsey I believe. They need a 2 headed running attack like GB and NE.
As you can tell I'm not confident of 1st round playoff game. Not convinced Dak can lead us to SB

Rayman70

Reaction score
BTW, is Zeke's contract up after this year? He's worn out, never should have drafted him, passed on Jalen Ramsey I believe. They need a 2 headed running attack like GB and NE.
As you can tell I'm not confident of 1st round playoff game. Not convinced Dak can lead us to SB
Dak can but he can't carry us like a Mahomes or Allen. He needs help. We need the entire team around him to step up and be great. If we dont do that, we will be 1 and done.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Like a few seasons from the past 25 years, the offense is good enough to get the job done. If they fail it will be on the defense. This defense is god awful. The Saints held Minshew to 10 points at home yesterday. The Dallas D got torched for 34 in their own house. And the week before they gave up 40 to Jacksonville. So yes, this defense is going to end up killing this season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
5 actually. They have gone 5-0 with him
Niners have called simplified smart games with Purdy. Much like Dak in his rookie year. Then he has elite weapons around him.They are about to get Samuel back. I think it will fall on Purdy. If he makes a bad mistake thats the only way they don't make a SB run. They are stacked. Philly has shown they lack coaching and the defense is very vulnerable, much like ours. Just being honest. We have much to prove.