CFZ There are zero dominant teams in the NFC this year

duane33

Reaction score
Like a few seasons from the past 25 years, the offense is good enough to get the job done. If they fail it will be on the defense. This defense is god awful. The Saints held Minshew to 10 points at home yesterday. The Dallas D got torched for 34 in their own house. And the week before they gave up 40 to Jacksonville. So yes, this defense is going to end up killing this season.

really hurt by injuries though. think i heard 40% of defense starting lineup is out, which means offense has to good. have no deep threat at all until they got Hilton, but that's why they got Washington. I thought he was ready to play

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak can but he can't carry us like a Mahomes or Allen. He needs help. We need the entire team around him to step up and be great. If we dont do that, we will be 1 and done.

12-4 vs 13-3 going into week 18.
So they carried their teams to their records, but Dak did not? (And yes if Dak was healthy he would also be 4-1 that Rush was, heck probably 5-0) :popcorn:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
THis is not a newsflash. There has not been a truly great team in the NFL since the mid-90s. Free agency and the Salary cap have made sure that all teams will have significant holes. The trick is being good enough in other areas to compensate for them.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Like a few seasons from the past 25 years, the offense is good enough to get the job done. If they fail it will be on the defense. This defense is god awful. The Saints held Minshew to 10 points at home yesterday. The Dallas D got torched for 34 in their own house. And the week before they gave up 40 to Jacksonville. So yes, this defense is going to end up killing this season.
So they carried their teams to their records, but Dak did not? (And yes if Dak was healthy he would also be 4-1 that Rush was, heck probably 5-0) :popcorn:
Until we see Dak and the TEAM beat a great team in the playoff's, this is the facts and how it will be viewed. Fair or unfair. Because its been 26 years. Dak is my guy, but he is running out of prime years. The rest of the team better help him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mahomes and Allen are in a class all their own. I include Rodgers in there as well. Dak is good but not in that group. Brady is just Clutch and does enough to win. With lots of help. Dak is top 10.

RD21

Reaction score
Those losses to GB, & Jacksonsville sure are haunting us right now. Both were terrible losses in games we should've won.

We had a much better chance of winning 1 game to get to an NFC Championship game, than 2 on the road. On the road to Tampa, then most likely SF, won't be a path with a high chance of victory. Will be super sweet if we can pull it off, but I'll remain skeptical until we do it.

I have absolutely zero confidence we can win 3 road games & get to the SB.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Until we see Dak and the TEAM beat a great team in the playoff's, this is the facts and how it will be viewed. Fair or unfair. Because its been 26 years. Dak is my guy, but he is running out of prime years. The rest of the team better help him.

I don't know about this.. Unless they suffer injuries QBs tend to keep getting better as they age well into their mid to late 30's. At least good ones do. Romo was at his best after age 33.. Rodgers has three MVPs after age 33. Unless he just gets beat to hell I expect Dak to be better in 5 years than he is right now. So much of the QB position is mental. The more a QB sees and plays the stronger his mental abilities become.. and with the way guys take care of their bodies in the offseason now there is no more of that old phenomenon of guys not being able to throw it past 20 yards when they get old. Unless like Ruthlessraper and a few others they just took too much of a beating along the way.

duane33

Reaction score

really hurt by injuries though. think i heard 40% of defense starting lineup is out, which means offense has to good. have no deep threat at all until they got Hilton, but that's why they got Washington. I thought he was ready to play
Mahomes and Allen are in a class all their own. I include Rodgers in there as well. Dak is good but not in that group. Brady is just Clutch and does enough to win. With lots of help. Dak is top 10.
Brady for years won with wide receivers no one heard of.
Dallas coaching is a majors problem and you'll never get a good coach as long as JJ is breathing down you neck. Last good one was Parcells, and he took the job for the $. But he turned that team around. Payton won't go there as long as JJ is there. I've said it for years, it's why Jimmy left.
Dak is great when he gets set in the pocket, his fundamentals are good, but he throws way too many passes off balance , on the run ( i know those are designs).
I live in Bady country when he won all those super bowls, he has the best fundamentals of any QB

duane33

Reaction score
Those losses to GB, & Jacksonsville sure are haunting us right now. Both were terrible losses in games we should've won.

We had a much better chance of winning 1 game to get to an NFC Championship game, than 2 on the road. On the road to Tampa, then most likely SF, won't be a path with a high chance of victory. Will be super sweet if we can pull it off, but I'll remain skeptical until we do it.

I have absolutely zero confidence we can win 3 road games & get to the SB.
I agree 100%, hate to say it?

Rayman70

Reaction score

Dallas coaching is a majors problem and you'll never get a good coach as long as JJ is breathing down you neck. Last good one was Parcells, and he took the job for the $. But he turned that team around. Payton won't go there as long as JJ is there. I've said it for years, it's why Jimmy left.
Dak is great when he gets set in the pocket, his fundamentals are good, but he throws way too many passes off balance , on the run ( i know those are designs).
I live in Bady country when he won all those super bowls, he has the best fundamentals of any QB
Brady had elite coaching, and fundamentally sound receivers, not great I agree. He had Gronk and great defenses. He is the best that has ever played. But he isnt elite anymore. He is more than good enough to win. We seen it. Until we beat him, he is our Bully. He just isnt elite.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Maybe YOU had not heard of them.. but those of who actually pay attention knew who they were. Don't get blinded by the "Brady carried the Patriots" narrative.. The Pats defense was #1 7 or 8 times in his run there and top 10 like 15 of his 20 seasons. It turns my stomach how much people disrespect all those great defenses to caress Brady's nuts.

As for Dak throwing on the run? He's one of the best on the move throwers I've ever seen. Hell he's arguably better at it than he is from the pocket. And he's pretty damn good from the pocket .

Macnalty

Reaction score
Philly's championship aspirations are on a knife edge and trending downward in a big way. Hurts and Lane Johnson are probably their two most important players and we already know one of them won't be 100%. And Gardner Johnson was THE key player on the back end creating their turnover differential. And then they lose Maddox and Sweat on top of that. They've been decimated with injuries at a crucial time. I'll be surprised if they advance far unless some of these guys heal very quickly.
I am sure the fans are ready to chop some heads off with that performance yesterday, another loss will be complete pandemonium.

ESisback

Reaction score
What a great opportunity the Cowboys have this year in the playoffs. When you look at the current NFL landscape, honestly there are no juggernauts. There are no consistently dominant teams.

Looking at the playoff teams in the NFC, it’s hard to pinpoint any one team as having the most momentum. All teams have strengths but their weaknesses are there too.

Looking at the current top 4 NFC teams going into the playoffs, none of them scare me- They all have strengths of course but their weaknesses are there too.
  • Philly- their once strong running game has become average. And who knows how bad Hurts’ shoulder is. Their defense has suffered big injuries too. They are limping into the tournament.
  • SF- yes they have a great D, yet somehow that D gave up 34 to Oakland’s backup QB yesterday. And, more importantly, they continue to count on a 7th round rookie QB to not fall apart. Brock Purdy’s clock is ticking for a melt down.
  • Dallas- we’re as good or better than anyone in the NFC. Just have to prove it on the road.
  • Minn- the worst 12-4 team in the league. Cousins is terrible when facing good teams. Their defense is completely inconsistent.
  • GB- if they get in the playoffs, they could be the scariest team in the tournament. They’re hot and Rodgers has no fear.
  • TB- Brady is the GOAT but Father Time has been gently rapping on his door this year. He’s still capable of great moments but not consistently. The TB defense is just ok.
  • NYG- probably just glad to be in.
Bottom line for me- this year’s playoffs are an excellent opportunity for the Cowboys to win some playoff games. But more than likely they must become tough road warriors. It’s all there for the taking.

Respect is earned in the playoffs!

I agree with your take, although some take that to mean the AFC is superior. I just think the talent is more spread out in the NFC. Dallas, Philly, SF, etc. are comparable to KC, Buff and Cincy. All teams have flaws.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't know about this.. Unless they suffer injuries QBs tend to keep getting better as they age well into their mid to late 30's. At least good ones do. Romo was at his best after age 33.. Rodgers has three MVPs after age 33. Unless he just gets beat to hell I expect Dak to be better in 5 years than he is right now. So much of the QB position is mental. The more a QB sees and plays the stronger his mental abilities become.. and with the way guys take care of their bodies in the offseason now there is no more of that old phenomenon of guys not being able to throw it past 20 yards when they get old. Unless like Ruthlessraper and a few others they just took too much of a beating along the way.
Like Wilson is Seattle, we started to see him get dinged up about 2 years ago. Dak may have 2-3 years of prime ball left. He will be like 31-32 then. That window is slowly closing. Not everyone is Rodgers and Brady and can play for 15 years or so. Dak I feel will go the Russ Wilson route. I think Russ is pretty much over the hill . He is 33. I think thats about as long as Dak will play. At best. Injuries will factor in.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Maybe YOU had not heard of them.. but those of who actually pay attention knew who they were. Don't get blinded by the "Brady carried the Patriots" narrative.. The Pats defense was #1 7 or 8 times in his run there and top 10 like 15 of his 20 seasons. It turns my stomach how much people disrespect all those great defenses to caress Brady's nuts.

As for Dak throwing on the run? He's one of the best on the move throwers I've ever seen. Hell he's arguably better at it than he is from the pocket. And he's pretty damn good from the pocket .
Great points. Brady had a Elite HC and staff, Elite Defense year in year out, and the oline was always good.He had Gronk. Usually played in a very weak division as well, when Buffalo and Miami were Gawd awful for 10 years and more.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
What a great opportunity the Cowboys have this year in the playoffs. When you look at the current NFL landscape, honestly there are no juggernauts. There are no consistently dominant teams.

Looking at the playoff teams in the NFC, it’s hard to pinpoint any one team as having the most momentum. All teams have strengths but their weaknesses are there too.

Looking at the current top 4 NFC teams going into the playoffs, none of them scare me- They all have strengths of course but their weaknesses are there too.
  • Philly- their once strong running game has become average. And who knows how bad Hurts’ shoulder is. Their defense has suffered big injuries too. They are limping into the tournament.
  • SF- yes they have a great D, yet somehow that D gave up 34 to Oakland’s backup QB yesterday. And, more importantly, they continue to count on a 7th round rookie QB to not fall apart. Brock Purdy’s clock is ticking for a melt down.
  • Dallas- we’re as good or better than anyone in the NFC. Just have to prove it on the road.
  • Minn- the worst 12-4 team in the league. Cousins is terrible when facing good teams. Their defense is completely inconsistent.
  • GB- if they get in the playoffs, they could be the scariest team in the tournament. They’re hot and Rodgers has no fear.
  • TB- Brady is the GOAT but Father Time has been gently rapping on his door this year. He’s still capable of great moments but not consistently. The TB defense is just ok.
  • NYG- probably just glad to be in.how is that respect working out for the Rams right now?
Bottom line for me- this year’s playoffs are an excellent opportunity for the Cowboys to win some playoff games. But more than likely they must become tough road warriors. It’s all there for the taking.

Respect is earned in the playoffs!
How is that respect working out for the Rams right now?