News: There is a reason Dak Prescott might be in a ‘slump’ and it’s not his calf injury

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
The more articles I read about people "figuring out" what's wrong with Dak and the offense in general the more I simply shrug and move on.

Dak is no longer putting up stats but as long as he's winning who really cares? Would we rather have Dak pass for 472 yards, 4 TD's, and lose or have him throw for 211, one TD, and win?

It can't be denied that he's in a slump and aside from the Atlanta game it's been happening post calf-injury, or post line injuries, or post-Zeke injury. I believe Prescott will figure it out. At any rate, having this problem when you're on a 9-4 team that is breezing towards the division title makes it a lot easier to work on trying some new things. Maybe this is part of what's been happening too.

This is where I stand too. He sucks at the moment but has proven that he can play at another level. Plus we don't have the full picture, only the people in the locker room have.

So let's wait and see. Win that Arizona game with a clean effort by the offense instead of relying on the defense only and we're back on track! :)

Mannix

Reaction score
Need to start referring to Dak as “The Music Box” because he moves like he has a piano on his back. Let’s see how many of you get the reference.

fansince68

Reaction score
Link doesn’t work for me. But having said that yes Dak was the best against the blitz and now teams have stopped that. Moore for some reason wants to throw a million bubble screens now instead of attacking the middle. It’s not working.
An inaccurate qb throwing "late" to the middle of the field creates interceptions. Dak needs more designed runs. The fear of getting injured is a dumb concept in a gladiator sport. On 3rd and 2, too many times Dak has thrown an incompletion instead of running to a wide open middle zone for the 1st down. That's dumb football.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I dont think I've ever seen any quarterback in history win a championship without really good players around him. So Jimmy is absolutely correct!!
I think what he meant was particularly applicable to Prescott. That's if you bother to read between the lines and not go full homer.

Flamma

Reaction score
You didn't read. This is stats. Defenses are not blitzing and putting an extra man behind the nose. This is not a debbie downers. It's an article really on defensive scheme vs Dak.

The article is a desperate reach IMO. The reason, IMO, is that teams are almost completely shutting down our run game, then dropping back in coverage on obvious passing downs. This is not groundbreaking stuff. It mentioned the game against the Eagles being the true outlier. Yeah? Well, we ran it down their throats all game.

GINeric

Reaction score
I think what he meant was particularly applicable to Prescott. That's if you bother to read between the lines and not go full homer.

Facts are facts. There isn't a quarterback in NFL history that has ever won a championship without very good talent around him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were people grading on the same scale Dak is graded on. And Daltons biggest moment against NY he failed miserably. As he has every single times the big lights are on and the pressure is on.
Crock of BULLship.

Haters come in every variety. Dak apologizers tear down other players to prop Dak. Pathetic.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Facts are facts. There isn't a quarterback in NFL history that has ever won a championship without very good talent around him.

And there isn't qb in history that elevated his game and/or others around him to win one.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Dak is playing the worst he's ever played with the most weapons he's ever had.

He's being exposed and it's no coincidence that this started after that Broncos embarrassment. They saw something. Dak knew they saw something. That's why he said "I hope teams play us like that every game". They were doing something specific and Dak knew that. The problem is Dak doesn't seem good enough to overcome that, because teams that can, have been playing them like that and he looks completely horrible. The hubris is real with Dak and his arrogance back fired.

We just have to hope that Kellen Moore can work some magic and get the best out of what he's got. Because, although the defense is improved, it's not going to carry us through 4 playoff games.

I see your emotions are still running rampant. Odd...I heard it only last around a week.