Video: There is no massive gap between Dalton & Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I wouldn’t even call him a troll. Just truly incapable of critical thought
Well as long as my college and places that I make money from IRL disagree It doesn't really matter what someone that doesn't even use their real name online has to say.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I said I don’t think you’re a troll. Just that you refuse to concede anything ever.
That's not true. I just disagree on Dak so on that you're correct. Would you concede something you don't believe in? That doesn't make sense to me. We can all just disagree because that's what this place is here for just like sometimes we will agree

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I looked it up.. Dak has 56 red zone TD passes in his career and 7 interceptions. Over half his 106 TDs have come in the area where you are arguing he can't throw it. I'd love to hear your explanation for this.... He also has 24 TD runs in his career. All of those have been less than 20 yards as well as I recall. He also caught one last week.. so 81 red zone TDs in his career.. and a top 3 scoring offense over the past two seasons. As well as a top 10 red zone offense. "Glaring hole?" In your logic perhaps.. but not in this offense.
Now take out the two pass options I said we did have. The lob to the corner and Zeke in the flats. Show me the examples of the plays I am talking about. I also didn't specify redzone.

How do you rate Dak's ability to make the plays I described and gave recent examples of?

Bonus question. Are you willing to go forward relying on Dak to carry the ball to the same extent that have been?

Brax

Reaction score
lol is this a joke? He left the game in the third (about to score again) and and caught a td instead of throwing one lmao. Knock it off
That isn't a put down on Dak it the production stat against a better D, it's not fantasy football some think stats are.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you are saying you don't think it matters if a QB can't throw the passes that every other good QB can. Interesting take.

Go look at the thread title. Why would I talk about the defense? What does the defense have to do with the options the offense has when it has the ball?

Pure deflection simply because you don't want to give an honest answer to the question.

Classic troll behavior.

Nope...…….Dak can make all the throws.

When a QB throws for 500 yards and 4 TD's I wouldn't want to sound like an idiot talking about how he cant throw a short pass. I would sound really stupid.

But how about that defense? Up to your lofty standards?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Now take out the two pass options I said we did have. The lob to the corner and Zeke in the flats. Show me the examples of the plays I am talking about. I also didn't specify redzone.

How do you rate Dak's ability to make the plays I described and gave recent examples of?

Bonus question. Are you willing to go forward relying on Dak to carry the ball to the same extent that have been?

Here are your own words:

=======================================================================
Vtwin said:
You know what else is part of the game, buddy? QB'S throwing the ball to receivers in the end zone from in close. More common than QB runs are but you know that being so knowledgeable. Everywhere but Dallas that is.

When inside the ten it is either, hand off to Zeke, throw to Zeke behind the LOS, safe throw to the corner of the end zone or QB draw. This year they are down to breaking out the bag of tricks to make up for the glaring hole in the offense when the field is shrunk.
=======================================================================

You didn't specify red zone? So inside the 10 is where exactly? What is your definition of "in close?" And where else is the field "shrunk" if not the red zone? You just gonna move the target round when the facts prove the fallacy of your statements?

The other fallacy is that we somehow need to score a certain way in order for it to be effective. The offense has been averaging THIRTY SEVEN POINTS A GAME over the last 4 weeks. The offense is fine.. red zone.. midfield wherever. They move the ball in chunks.. which is why they are #1 in the league. They score in bunches which is why they are top 3 in the league .. This nonsense about "well we want to see certain types of throws more often or we won't accept the success as real" is pure stupidity. LIke I said earlier.. running it in counts exactly the same number of points as throwing it in. And it does so with less risk. I'm not an NFL coach, but I for one am in favor of less risk if the net result is 37 ppg.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL...………………….talk about getting your @$$ kicked around the board for saying something dumb?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Lol.

Switch the names and you are talking about yourself
336753d55e17e7c231cae892c0303261.png

KB1122

Reaction score
I'm not happy Dak was injured. But seeing another qb with a track record will give us an idea of Dak's real level.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
What historical comps are there for a middle of the pack, or slightly better, qb to come over to a new team after years and do better. Jim Plunkett comes to mind.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm not happy Dak was injured. But seeing another qb with a track record will give us an idea of Dak's real level.

Frankly I could have gone the next 10 years without seeing Dak's backup play. I am hoping like hell that Dalton elevates his game now that he's getting to wear the Star. There is absolutely no denying he STUNK his last three seasons in Cincy. There is no sugar coating it.. He was terrible. Now maybe it's because the team was terrible..I don't know .. but he did nothing to elevate them either. If he was driving a Volkswagen Rabbit there he's going to get a chance to drive a 1200 horsepower musclecar now.. If he keeps that beast on the road he's going to make a lot of money.. but he aint winnin diddly unless the defense wakes up.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This was the point.

Feel free to show me all the examples of how I am not seeing this correctly.

Well tell me what routes your talking about "quick hitters in traffic" is pretty vague then you add "this is why we don't see them" so does that mean he is bad at something we don't do (just wondering how he is bad at something we dont do) or your saying in closed doors Moore is like "man i wish i could call a **** route but Dak can't throw it" please feel free to be specific with what route your talking about.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you can reply this much your de claims of incoherent babble is bs Zo. You can spout all the Dak love you want they were 1-3 with him so who cares unless you want him as your fantasy QB. I don't hate Dak just think he's average. If that's hate nowadays from your types so be it. Using your wannabe smart logic regarding the D I won't disagree because I'm not trying to hype them up like you with the O. Maybe you and your new online buddy @Proof can go get a room to discuss how I'm a troll because y'all looking for a role model in an average QB and offense.

The only guys that judge individual player analysis off team record are those posters that have nothing else. Like you.

Does Zeke suck because the team is 1-3? Just face reality. You got nothing!!!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What historical comps are there for a middle of the pack, or slightly better, qb to come over to a new team after years and do better. Jim Plunkett comes to mind.

Plunkett was a former #1 overall pick. There has been a few middling type QBs who have shown better at their second stops.. Steve Young was probably the best example of that.. He was horrible in Tampa.. and ended up in the Hall of Fame. Vinny the interception machine was horrible with Tampa but not bad in Cleveland/Baltimore. Trent Dilfer was also horrible in Tampa.. and well.. mediocre in Baltimore. I do see a pattern here with Tampa and QBs. THis may bode well for Winston. Drew Brees went from pretty good in SD to GREAT in Nawlins. Mark Brunell was pretty good in JAX and was still decent in DC as I recall. Bottom is there are plenty of examples of QBs moving from one team to another and performing well. So there's hope.

Proof

Reaction score
That's not true. I just disagree on Dak so on that you're correct. Would you concede something you don't believe in? That doesn't make sense to me. We can all just disagree because that's what this place is here for just like sometimes we will agree

I guess I’m unique in that sound arguments, supported by facts tend to make me question my position. Guess that’s just me tho. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proof

Reaction score
That isn't a put down on Dak it the production stat against a better D, it's not fantasy football some think stats are.

min not arguing for or against the merit of his stats. I’m commenting on the fact that he was carving the giants up

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Basically what I’ve been saying.. Dalton will get us Dak like results and he doesn’t need 40 million to do it.

Lololol.

Agreeing with Cowherd always backfires. Makes sense that y'all agree though haha. Same football acumen

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lololol.

Agreeing with Cowherd always backfires. Makes sense that y'all agree though haha. Same football acumen

lol relax sister it’s early.

Not like The 1-3 Prescott would have done any better being such a slow starter and all.

Dalton will get your Prescott like results.

Status
Not open for further replies.