There is nothing imminent on a potential return for CB Stephon Gilmore

Sydla

Reaction score
Of course not.

Because he's likely holding out for something more than the minimum offer we've likely made thus far.

So he can sit around, work out on his own, see how camp develops for teams and likely sign in August when someone gets hurt, etc and likely for more than we'd pay him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Save the money for dead cap space. For players we overpaid, kept too long and are un-trade-able, on hopes of a comp pick.

GM Jethro 101
No cap.

Not sure where we even get the $$$ to pay our rookies.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Save the money for dead cap space. For players we overpaid, kept too long and are un-trade-able, on hopes of a comp pick.

GM Jethro 101
Yeah well I was trying to be positive but you are right. Anything coming will be a dumpster dive on a 1 year deal.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You cannot have too many solid DBs. The last couple of seasons clearly illustrate this. So Dallas will most likely wait and do nothing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah well I was trying to be positive but you are right. Anything coming will be a dumpster dive on a 1 year deal.
DLaw and Martin we account for over $19M in Dead Cap space next year. Hopefully neither retire and we can get some more comp picks.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I think they will either sign Gilmore or Patrick Peterson. Whichever one drops his price to 3 mil per year.

Reaction score
Why are people caught up on this?

We haven’t signed a player for more than one year, $1.3 million. Why would they all of a sudden dish out $10 million for Gilmore
Good player, solid depth, coach on the field, worth having on a contending team,,, don't think we're one of those teams though.
Of course if we don't sign him then the team will catch fire but we'll have injury issues in the secondary.
That's how it works.

John813

Reaction score
I don't think Gilmore is in a rush either. Maybe waiting for that unfortunate TC injury to a starting corner where he can slide in.
Gets to miss some of the TC gruel and could be starting off the bat

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Don't believe Gillmore fits Zimmer's defence.
I was thinking he would make a nice slot corner, with the ability to back up the outside, in case Diggs isn't ready, but the signing of Lewis probably ended that possibility.