There is nothing imminent on a potential return for CB Stephon Gilmore

shabazz

Reaction score
Why would we sign Gilmore when we wouldn't sign Henry?

CHEAP 1 year deals is the philosophy.......Gilly will never wear this jersey again

kskboys

Reaction score
How? Diggs and Bland are among the best CBs in the league. The rest of the team might suck but CB is a strength.
Bland got beat a lot late. Not sure I'd call him one of the best.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So you believe Diggs will be worse than Gilmore?
I don't expect Diggs to come back and be himself after being out of football for almost a year. I also don't think much of the rest of our corners. And the front being questionable now will only make the secondary look worse.

dupree89

Reaction score
...when the hell did Bland become one of the best in the league? Because of the PFF grade?

Diggs himself is pretty iffy often for me to say he's the best.
this is the problem. I fully expect Bland to have a tough year. He benefitted from a lot of right place right time INTs. It happens. But it aint happening 2 years in a row.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
this is the problem. I fully expect Bland to have a tough year. He benefitted from a lot of right place right time INTs. It happens. But it aint happening 2 years in a row.
He was already getting burned. It was similar to Diggs a couple seasons ago - it's easy to forgive when they get an INT after 3 quarters of bad play. But those INTs eventually stop happening.

Hard for me to say a guy is "one of the best" when down the stretch he was getting smoked and giving up like 100+ yards and multiple TDs to a single receiver.

CWR

Reaction score
Hes a good corner. He had a great rookie year as well. There will be some regression though. Not a chance he duplicates those INT numbers. He does still need to improve also.

kskboys

Reaction score
...when the hell did Bland become one of the best in the league? Because of the PFF grade?

Diggs is OK, Bland gets beat way too much.

kskboys

Reaction score
He was already getting burned. It was similar to Diggs a couple seasons ago - it's easy to forgive when they get an INT after 3 quarters of bad play. But those INTs eventually stop happening.

Hard for me to say a guy is "one of the best" when down the stretch he was getting smoked and giving up like 100+ yards and multiple TDs to a single receiver.
Yeah, he was really bad.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Bland got beat a lot late. Not sure I'd call him one of the best.
He is certainly in the top 25pct making him an among the best CB. The guy is an absolute ballhawk. Plus remember he was playing without Diggs and the Dallas defense wasn’t getting the same pressure late in the season.

Reactions: CWR

dupree89

Reaction score
He is certainly in the top 25pct making him an among the best CB. The guy is an absolute ballhawk. Plus remember he was playing without Diggs and the Dallas defense wasn’t getting the same pressure late in the season.
im not disputing you. But can I see him be an" absolute ballhawk" again this year?

Whyjerry

Reaction score

He just broke records last year and has had the most INTs over the last 2 seasons by a comfortable margin. You might not remember but Diggs was out and the defense didn’t have the same QB pressure late. Further, I said among the best. But you think that’s not true so I won’t argue because it’s a useless endeavor with you.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
im not disputing you. But can I see him be an" absolute ballhawk" again this year?
Maybe with a pass rush. You guys don’t seem to remember how that disappeared late last year. Weird.

Loso86

Reaction score
Why would we sign Gilmore when we wouldn't sign Henry?

CHEAP 1 year deals is the philosophy.......Gilly will never wear this jersey again
That has nothing to do with each other lmao

CWR

Reaction score
He had 5 picks as a rookie. He is a ball hawk, but obviously not to the extent of breaking records yearly.

Bagman

Reaction score
There were a few games where Gilmore was a factor but overall I think it's best not to bring him back. Youth and speed are needed.