There is QB controversy

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Bigger question is if they will try to sneak him on the practice squad.

They play him too much he might not make it on there and we will be forced to make a decision.

If he keeps playing as well as he is now, the FO would be extremely foolish to relegate him to the PS. It's a tough proposition, no doubt. He is already looking like someone that other teams would snap up in a heartbeat if we were to put him there. I think they'd better find a way to put him on the active 53 if he keeps it up. I'm pretty sure he'll see more action before all is said and done. The brass will probably want to see enough to convince them that he's pretty much the real deal beyond a reasonable doubt. It's a good problem to have, though!

Last edited:

Zman5

Reaction score
I hope we don't make the same mistake we made in 2007. We cut Matt Moore, who played well in preseason, hoping to get him into the PS. We lost him to the Panthers instead. We cut him and kept Brad "noodle arm" Johnson.

JG loves vet "noodle arm" QBs as his backups. Probably because he was one.

Macnalty

Reaction score
I will have no faith in Linehan if he keeps Moore after this this,i have not seen such bad QB play since for a while now.
Just think back about three years to bad QB memories for the cowboys, I would of taken Kellen Moore in some of those games.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I'd like to see Cooper Rush get some work in the first quarter next week after Dak makes his debut to see how he fares against better competition but I just don't know if Dallas would want an untested rookie as their backup option going into the season as much as I want Kellen Moore replaced as the backup....I just don't see Dallas Carrying three quarterbacks this year on the 53

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I'd like to see Cooper Rush get some work in the first quarter next week after Dak makes his debut to see how he fares against better competition but I just don't know if Dallas would want an untested rookie as their backup option going into the season as much as I want Kellen Moore replaced as the backup....I just don't see Dallas Carrying three quarterbacks this year on the 53

Not like Moore has all this NFL regular season game experience himself. Played in a total of 3 games, with a completion % of 58.7.

Swanny

Reaction score
not between Dak an Moore

but between Moore and Rush

tonite

Rush 9 for 11 for 104 yards

Moore 8 for 17 for 59 yatds

"Poised and composed. There were not many game situations that came up that he didn't handle well," Garrett said. "They did a few different things to him defensively and he recognized them, made some big plays. The touchdown was a big play and he really did a nice job in that play, recognizing the Cover 0 blitz and getting it to the right guy. That's really what he's shown us in all the opportunities he's gotten up to this point.”

and put Noah Brown on the 53
I thought Moore looked absolutely HORRENDOUS.

TonyS

Reaction score
If Garrett and company try to get cute and put him on the ps I wouldn't be shocked.

Jason has no idea what he is doing so I actually expect them to try and do this.
Maybe CBS will take him for a year like they did for Romo! ;)

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Guys, Cooper Rush's arm is better but not that much better than Moores. Check out the film.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I'm beginning to feel pretty confident that we've found our future backup QB in Cooper Rush.

It might well be just a matter time before it becomes official. He seems to have the "it" factor.

If he continues to display the poise, accuracy and the judgment that he has, he's on his way.

Something was said last year

zack

Reaction score
Wrong...

Rush has all day to throw vs 3rd string guys....

Moore was running for his life the entire game. Big difference. Moore made all the right reads...and didn't turn the ball over. I'll take that all day.:rolleyes:

But hey...feel free to spin this anyway you want.

I know he's your guy, but you can't see the difference? How about when he climbed the ladder near the goal line and barely got the ball 15 yards down the field? Even if he can make the proper reads, he can't make all the throws.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Lets let Cooper Rush play with the second team and find out. Moore does not have a strong enough arm.

Wrong...

Moore was running for his life the entire game. Big difference. Moore made all the right reads...and didn't turn the ball over. I'll take that all day.:rolleyes:

Plankton

Reaction score
Rush looked promising both weeks, but I'd be interested in seeing him make throws outside the numbers. Not sure that he has the arm for it. We already know that Moore can't make those throws.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
not between Dak an Moore

but between Moore and Rush

tonite

Rush 9 for 11 for 104 yards

Moore 8 for 17 for 59 yatds

"Poised and composed. There were not many game situations that came up that he didn't handle well," Garrett said. "They did a few different things to him defensively and he recognized them, made some big plays. The touchdown was a big play and he really did a nice job in that play, recognizing the Cover 0 blitz and getting it to the right guy. That's really what he's shown us in all the opportunities he's gotten up to this point.”

and put Noah Brown on the 53
As if that Red Devil is going to make the right decision:angry:

Sydla

Reaction score
Wrong...

Hahahaha.

Section446

Reaction score
I wouldn't even care if the statistics were in Moore's favor, the eye-test tells you that the guy just doesn't have an NFL arm. We had to kneel at the end of the first half because Garrett knew he wouldn't even get the ball to the 20 yard line.

Now, I know that the Moore supporters (assuming there are any) would probably say that arm strength isn't everything, and they'd be absolutely right, but the guy isn't accurate either.