Twitter: There may not be kickoffs in the future

jrumann59

Reaction score
Lets see you have a sport where you have as high as 330lbs men slamming into each other at high speeds and you are worried about kickoffs?????? What about Punts???????

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This all stems from the wussification of men in the U.S. These are grown men getting paid millions and know the risks of football when they sign up. If I had the physical tools to be lucky enough to be one of 1000 ppl in the world to play I would sign up, to set my family up for life financially, even if I died at 50.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whoa -- the old fashioned rock-em, sock-em pro football that we once knew it is gradually giving way to safety concerns.

In the grand scheme of things, considering the rare occasions when actually exciting kick returns happen, it's no "biggie."

Last edited:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Concussions have gone up because the NFL is one, paying a lot more attention to it and two, continues to redefine what gets recorded officially as a concussion.
This is exactly right. To use another industry to elaborate on this point...

We now have more broken limb and other injuries in automobiles than we used to. In a related note we have less deaths because people are surviving accidents at higher rates due to the advent of the seat belt and generally safer vehicles.

But if you just looked at an increased injury rate you'd think the opposite around vehicle safety improving