There's Only One Thing Tonight Will Prove

HungryLion

Reaction score
Agreed.

Even if the cowboys win tonight. Theyll still be the underdog the next 3 games most likely.

I won’t be able to gain confidence unless they beat good teams with good run games and prove they can contain the run at least at a mediocre level against teams that know how to run the ball.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why? for talking about scenarios?

Are people not supposed to get disappointed when a team under achieves?

Do "real fans" follow a team blindly and pretend everything is butterfly's and rainbows??
Nothing wrong with talking about scenarios. That's not what is happening. It's the Drama Queen scenario where a win means nothing and a loss means the sky is falling and there is nothing but utter destruction ahead

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nothing wrong with talking about scenarios. That's not what is happening. It's the Drama Queen scenario where a win means nothing and a loss means the sky is falling and there is nothing but utter destruction ahead
There's really nothing dramatic about it. It just is what it is. A win tonight will be nice but it's not any type of barometer of where the team is at based on the opponent tonight and the previous 2 dreadful outings against quality opponents. A loss though would be a pretty solid indicator that there is just too much wrong with this team to hope to fix this season. Obviously you have to play the rest of the schedule and the season doesn't end tonight, but a loss could send this locker room spiraling, especially with a lame duck coach that everyone knows is on the hottest of hot seats in the NFL.

Creeper

Reaction score
There is no denying that a loss tonight is huge. It is a sign the team really is as bad as what we have seen the last 3 homes games. But it also make it very difficult for Dallas to win their division. If the Giants beat Dallas tonight, the Cowboys have to worry about Washington too because they are a better team than the Giants.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ok .......

You think a win will matter just as much as a loss

Cool

bottleKids

Reaction score
Why? for talking about scenarios?

Are people not supposed to get disappointed when a team under achieves?

Do "real fans" follow a team blindly and pretend everything is butterfly's and rainbows??
No - i think he and other expect us to worship this circus who has not done anything in 25 + years... cynical ? Jaded? Yes and we deserve the right to be as fans.... I can't take my family to a game for less than 1k so i personally reserve the right to be miserable until they give me a reason not to be.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Win or lose, the sun will rise tomorrow. I will be glad if the Cowboys win and unaffected if they lose. Jerry has turned me into a zombie fan.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Since 2017 the only time the Giants beat the Cowboys was the 2020 finale, and Dallas was an endzone pick by Andy Dalton shy of winning that one too.

I don't see the Cowboys righting the ship if they lose this one. Is it possible, yes, there will still be 13 games left. But I agree, tonight proves a lot.

Hadenough

Reaction score
And that is whether or not this team is really as bad as we fear they are.

Look, if we go out and stomp the Giants flat, is there anyone here that thinks that that means we are a good team that finally put it all together? Would you really feel any better about the next several games? Or does it just mean that we beat up on the Giants again, a bad team whose number we have had for a while now.

But if we lose to that same bad Giants team...whoa boy, that's a mushroom-cloud sized sign that yes, things are all really as bad as they seem and we need to brace for the inevitable fallout which likely would start with the locker room imploding. Then MM getting the axe by November.
It's coming! Beating the Giants will only keep it away for a week but the Steelers are gonna punch these Cowboys right in the mouth.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is that is whether or not this team is really as bad as we fear they are.

Look, if we go out and stomp the Giants flat, is there anyone here that thinks that that means we are a good team that finally put it all together? Would you really feel any better about the next several games? Or does it just mean that we beat up on the Giants again, a bad team whose number we have had for a while now.

But if we lose to that same bad Giants team...whoa boy, that's a mushroom-cloud sized sign that yes, things are all really as bad as they seem and we need to brace for the inevitable fallout which likely would start with the locker room imploding. Then MM getting the axe by November.
IMG-0551.gif

CWR

Reaction score
Cowboys in a no win situation tonight. They win, well you only beat the Giants. They lose, the wheels are coming off.
Winning is still a win, but yes kind of. All it really does for me is make next week more exciting. Follow it up with a win vs Pitts and Detroit becomes interesting...