These 23 are off the board…Who’s your pick?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And this is what pisses me off about the two nitwits running this.

OG was a position they could have fixed in FA allowing them more flexibility with the draft. But they literally have no starting LG so it forces them into a situation to likely have to draft an OG early.

Same for me. There were several options that could have at a minimum given you a year's worth of insurance at left guard. But rather than pay $2-$3 million for that insurance, they'd rather roll the dice and telegraph their intentions to the rest of the league. It reminds me of the 2009 Draft and Max Unger. Everyone knew the Cowboys had him targeted in round 2, and they just sat on their hands and Seattle traded ahead of them to take him. And they had no plan B and the rest of the draft was an absolute disaster.

Well, they've announced to the world that they need a guard at #24, so if you want one, just trade ahead of them.

Morons.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB-
Willis
Pickett

WR-
G. Wilson
Burks
Olave
London
J. Williams

OL-
Neal
Ekonwu
Cross
Penning
Linderbaum

DL-
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
J. Johnson
Walker
J. Davis
Wyatt

DB-
Gardner
McDuffie
Stingley
Hamilton
Booth

I don’t think any of those picks would be a surprise, but leaves us with a board looking like this at 24-

OL- Green, Zion, Raimann, T. Smith

WR- Dotson and Watson

DE- Karlaftis, Ojabo, Mafe, and Ebiketie

DT- T. Jones

LB- Lloyd and Dean

DB- Elam, Gordon, McCreary, Brisker, Hill, Cook

Make your pick (hopefully I didn’t miss anyone obvious)

I don't see them taking a 5-11 LB over Devin Lloyd at 6-3 with long arms.

Edge …......... George Karlaftis
OG …......... Zion Johnson
LB …......... Devin Lloyd

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB-
Willis
Pickett

WR-
G. Wilson
Burks
Olave
London
J. Williams

OL-
Neal
Ekonwu
Cross
Penning
Linderbaum

DL-
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
J. Johnson
Walker
J. Davis
Wyatt

DB-
Gardner
McDuffie
Stingley
Hamilton
Booth

I don’t think any of those picks would be a surprise, but leaves us with a board looking like this at 24-

WR- Dotson and Watson

DT- T. Jones

LB- Lloyd and Dean

If they believe that ZJ has legit ability to play OC, then I can see him as the pick.

Trade down or draft:

Plankton

Reaction score
I would take Devin Lloyd, because I think he's the best player on that list. In all likelihood, the Cowboys would go with Green or Johnson.

kskboys

Reaction score
Same for me. There were several options that could have at a minimum given you a year's worth of insurance at left guard. But rather than pay $2-$3 million for that insurance, they'd rather roll the dice and telegraph their intentions to the rest of the league. It reminds me of the 2009 Draft and Max Unger. Everyone knew the Cowboys had him targeted in round 2, and they just sat on their hands and Seattle traded ahead of them to take him. And they had no plan B and the rest of the draft was an absolute disaster.

Well, they've announced to the world that they need a guard at #24, so if you want one, just trade ahead of them.

Morons.
And there were nice players available that we could've taken w/ Unger off the board, but we were just too dumb. Traded back and took yet another small school project player in Jason Williams. Andy Levitre, Phil Loadholt, LeSean McCoy, Paul Kruger, Sean Smith, Sen'Derrick Marks. There were a pile of good players available.

Of note: Did you know that NFL stalwart Michael Johnson went to Cincy the next pick after we picked Jason Williams?

tm1119

Reaction score
If they believe that ZJ has legit ability to play OC, then I can see him as the pick.

Trade down or draft:

I wouldn’t dismiss the possibility of Green being viewed as a long term RT

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And there were nice players available that we could've taken w/ Unger off the board, but we were just too dumb. Traded back and took yet another small school project player in Jason Williams. Andy Levitre, Phil Loadholt, LeSean McCoy, Paul Kruger, Sean Smith, Sen'Derrick Marks. There were a pile of good players available.

Of note: Did you know that NFL stalwart Michael Johnson went to Cincy the next pick after we picked Jason Williams?

Arguably the worst draft in Cowboys history. 12 players and they were all trash. They would have done a better job throwing darts at a board than what they did. It couldn't have been worse if they tried.

kskboys

Reaction score
Arguably the worst draft in Cowboys history. 12 players and they were all trash. They would have done a better job throwing darts at a board than what they did. It couldn't have been worse if they tried.
And it shocked me at the time also, since it made zero sense. I was all for trading a bunch of picks to move up and get at least one player.

09 was my turnaround year. That's when I really started questioning this org. Before that, I was pretty much a defender, but then the questionable picks started piling up. Felix Jones over Ray Rice? Taking a sliding Mike Jenkins? Wasted two first round picks in 08 on huge question marks.

Sydla

Reaction score

Morons.

Here's another aspect of this. What happens if they do take a Green or Johnson in Rd 1 or an OG in Rd 2 and that guy ends up not being able to play right away (or maybe ever).

Counting on being able to draft a rookie OG early AND THEN have him be immediate starter material is such a stupid risk.

John813

Reaction score
Greek Karl.

I think we can find a good LB in day 2 or day 3 to pair with Parsons/Cox.
I'm not sold on any of the WRs in day 1.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Here's another aspect of this. What happens if they do take a Green or Johnson in Rd 1 or an OG in Rd 2 and that guy ends up not being able to play right away (or maybe ever).

Counting on being able to draft a rookie OG early AND THEN have him be immediate starter material is such a stupid risk.
Same thing that happens if they sign a second level FA and expect him to be all pro.

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

Under the given scenario with 23 gone, if Dallas takes KGreen, ZJohnson, TJones, Lloyd or Dean.............I will be happy. Not taking one of those five and I will be questioning......................

CowboyChris

Reaction score
And this is what pisses me off about the two nitwits running this.

OG was a position they could have fixed in FA allowing them more flexibility with the draft. But they literally have no starting LG so it forces them into a situation to likely have to draft an OG early.
I hate to tell you this, but I think they are comfortable with McGovern at LG, I think the FO priorities are DE,WR or OT if I had to bet on it

Sydla

Reaction score
I hate to tell you this, but I think they are comfortable with McGovern at LG, I think the FO priorities are DE,WR or OT if I had to bet on it

LOL.

They had a front seat to McGovern being the starting LG and it was so bad they went back to Williams.

visionary

Reaction score
1. Trade down to 28-30
2. Take Green or Johnson depending on what scouts say

dogberry

Reaction score
Are there viable guards in the second, or can McGovern play right guard with Martin moving to the left?

Is there a timing issue that will pass and then we sign a veteran left guard?

RS12

Reaction score
I would draft Lloyd or Jones but I am not smart enough to work in the Cowboys front office. They probably draft a WR.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
QB-
Willis
Pickett

WR-
G. Wilson
Burks
Olave
London
J. Williams

OL-
Neal
Ekonwu
Cross
Penning
Linderbaum

DL-
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
J. Johnson
Walker
J. Davis
Wyatt

DB-
Gardner
McDuffie
Stingley
Hamilton
Booth

WR- Dotson and Watson

DT- T. Jones

LB- Lloyd and Dean

I would go with green. safest pick. and it fills a need.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lloyd allows micah to rush. He's ten times ANY pass rusher in this draft

Zion or green instant starters.

Ebikitie is imo a better RDE than karlaftis who is a strong side guy that we don't need. I think he can contribute this year.

Jerry will take some TE convert to play tackle.