These 23 are off the board…Who’s your pick?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Didn't Johnson play tackle at BC?

Seems like Green is rated overall slightly ahead of Zion, but if he is a very possible Tyron replacement when the time comes.....the arrow shifts to him in my book.

I'm still really intrigued by Nakobe Dean though.

I see a dude that flies around and makes plays, but he had studs in front of him....and that ain't gonna happen here.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Guards have a similar grade to McGovern and our o-line coach sucks. So I will take one Devin Lloyd please.

Dean is smarter - but I think playing that position with his size he will be frequently hurt but that is my take.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lloyd
Dean
Green
Johnson

Any of the four will do. Although I don;t know if they have any interest Dean

If you have too...trade down 2-3 and still get one.

tm1119

Reaction score
Didn't Johnson play tackle at BC?

Seems like Green is rated overall slightly ahead of Zion, but if he is a very possible Tyron replacement when the time comes.....the arrow shifts to him in my book.

I'm still really intrigued by Nakobe Dean though.

I see a dude that flies around and makes plays, but he had studs in front of him....and that ain't gonna happen here.

Both Green and Johnson played LT last year in college. It’s fairly unlikely either will do so in the nfl.

Johnson has been getting some long looks at C throughout the senior bowl and draft process and seems to be getting traction that he could possibly play there full time.

Green has also gotten some looks at C, but not sure how serious of a consideration that is. If you were going to project him to a different position other than LG it may be RT. He has the frame for it and just enough athleticism to think he can stay there full time.

Gaede

Reaction score
Pretty easily Green for me.

Second would be Mafe, but that's a major potential/projection pick that both worries me and excites me

I know we're all supposed to like him, but Lloyd looks like he's jogging out there. Like sometimes not even trying. Which reminds me of another MLB here.

Zion is a good prospect and safe but I feel can be had lower than 24.

Karlaftis is a good prospect too, but I don't really love him. The production this year bothers me, and I'm sure they're good reasons. But I don't see the RDE we need

Travis Jones is a good prospect but I don't have DT as high as the other needs

fivetwos

Reaction score
Both Green and Johnson played LT last year in college. It’s fairly unlikely either will do so in the nfl.

Johnson has been getting some long looks at C throughout the senior bowl and draft process and seems to be getting traction that he could possibly play there full time.

Green has also gotten some looks at C, but not sure how serious of a consideration that is. If you were going to project him to a different position other than LG it may be RT. He has the frame for it and just enough athleticism to think he can stay there full time.
Appreciate the response.

Is Zion almost definitely not an NFL LT in time?

That's where the value is for me as far as taking an OL at 24.

I dont want a potential Biadasz replacement if he happens to continue to regress. I'm also not sure if I want just a guard in round one either....

If those guys are guards only we can probably find that a bit later from what I've seen....and what makes sense overall.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I could really get behind Karl or Lloyd. Karl is a top 5 end while Lloyd could be the best linebacker. Both players would make the defense better.

garyv

Reaction score
QB-
Willis
Pickett

WR-
G. Wilson
Burks
Olave
London
J. Williams

OL-
Neal
Ekonwu
Cross
Penning
Linderbaum

DL-
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
J. Johnson
Walker
J. Davis
Wyatt

DB-
Gardner
McDuffie
Stingley
Hamilton
Booth

I don’t think any of those picks would be a surprise, but leaves us with a board looking like this at 24-

OL- Green, Zion, Raimann, T. Smith

WR- Dotson and Watson

DE- Karlaftis, Ojabo, Mafe, and Ebiketie

DT- T. Jones

LB- Lloyd and Dean

DB- Elam, Gordon, McCreary, Brisker, Hill, Cook

Make your pick (hopefully I didn’t miss anyone obvious)

Zion Johnson over Green mostly because I like Dane Bruglar Scouting and he favors Zion over Green

CowboyChris

Reaction score
LOL.

They had a front seat to McGovern being the starting LG and it was so bad they went back to Williams.
I didn’t say we didn’t need a LG, I’m just saying what I think this FO is going to prioritize in the draft

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
QB-
Willis
Pickett

WR-
G. Wilson
Burks
Olave
London
J. Williams

OL-
Neal
Ekonwu
Cross
Penning
Linderbaum

DL-
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
J. Johnson
Walker
J. Davis
Wyatt

DB-
Gardner
McDuffie
Stingley
Hamilton
Booth

I don’t think any of those picks would be a surprise, but leaves us with a board looking like this at 24-

WR- Dotson and Watson

DT- T. Jones

LB- Lloyd and Dean

Zion or Raimann would be my pick. If we trade down, I'll take Zion, Karlaftis, or Cook

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Green, instant upgrade to the passing and running games.

Overview
Guard prospect with NFL-ready frame who plays with an impressive level of consistency as a run blocker. Green moves defenders from Point A to Boint B against their will, using hand technique and road-grading leg drive. He possesses adequate foot quickness to operate in a variety of run schemes, but needs to eliminate his tendency to grab when his opponent is slipping away from the block. He has pop and anchor in pass protection, but lacks recognition and mirror technique needed to be at his best against athletic interior rushers. While green has some areas to improve, his run blocking can be dominant, which gives him a chance to become a good starter very quickly.

I'd happily take Green as well

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
QB-
Willis
Pickett

WR-
G. Wilson
Burks
Olave
London
J. Williams

OL-
Neal
Ekonwu
Cross
Penning
Linderbaum

DL-
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
J. Johnson
Walker
J. Davis
Wyatt

DB-
Gardner
McDuffie
Stingley
Hamilton
Booth

WR- Dotson and Watson

DT- T. Jones

LB- Lloyd and Dean

Best Olineman available.

ghst187

Reaction score
I love Dean, would be exciting to watch he and Parsons creating havoc.
But I don’t think we go back to back rd1 LBs.
I also love Dotson and DL Jones but I can’t see us picking either.
Zion is the pick, Green is probably fine too. Just kind of a no brainer. Our D was good enough last year to win, the Offense couldn’t run it or pass pro against good teams and LG was the most glaring hole.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
QB-
Willis
Pickett

WR-
G. Wilson
Burks
Olave
London
J. Williams

OL-
Neal
Ekonwu
Cross
Penning
Linderbaum

DL-
Hutchinson
Thibodeaux
J. Johnson
Walker
J. Davis
Wyatt

DB-
Gardner
McDuffie
Stingley
Hamilton
Booth

WR- Dotson and Watson

DT- T. Jones

LB- Lloyd and Dean

Wow that is a load of talent right there. Im taking Green, Jones, or Karlaftis.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And this is what pisses me off about the two nitwits running this.

OG was a position they could have fixed in FA allowing them more flexibility with the draft. But they literally have no starting LG so it forces them into a situation to likely have to draft an OG early.

No, we need a new stud on the line for the next decade. You dont fill that with a FA.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
BPA here is Dax Hill in my opinion, maybe Nakobe Dean.

Best combo of player + need is probably Kenyon Green. Zion Johnson is right there with him but IMO Green being 2 years younger breaks a near tie.

I really want to draft Hill here, but he'd have a muddled route to snaps. I would want him as either a box safety or a slot corner, and Brown, Lewis, Kearse, and Wilson are just logjamming the heck out of all those. OTOH, Green walks straight into a 17 game starting role. I think I take him and make things easy on myself.

Last edited: