They are having the Pre-Draft press conference

Sydla

Reaction score
NO TEAM is going to go into a draft and state what their team really needs so other teams can have an idea what Dallas is looking for at a particular spot......personally I don't know why this organization has a pre draft press conferences....there's no news that comes out of these anyway!!

I've never understood this logic because it involves the belief that the rest of the league must be idiots.

It's no secret to anyone around the league that the Cowboys needs LBs, DTs, etc. So if Edmunds slips to 16 teams won't try to trade up to get ahead of us to take him because of something Jerry said on the radio today.

They'd do that because everyone isn't a moron.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I was listening and I swear, as much as I make fun of JG, at least he and Stephen are doing their thing and bs'ing. Then Jerry from the rafters is like "ummm, I'd like to say something" and starts babbling about how they can take any player and coach them up since we took a rookie QB and coached him up to be a winner. I could just picture Stephen rubbing his head. "Great Dad, next question."

superonyx

Reaction score
Soooooo, we don't need much of anything........we're good everywhere.............time for another vacation this weekend.
These guys would probably skip the draft if they had the option like they do with free agency every year.

superonyx

Reaction score
I've never understood this logic because it involves the belief that the rest of the league must be idiots.

It's no secret to anyone around the league that the Cowboys needs LBs, DTs, etc. So if Edmunds slips to 16 teams won't try to trade up to get ahead of us to take him because of something Jerry said on the radio today.

They'd do that because everyone isn't a moron.
You are correct.
I guess one of the advantages of having so many glaring holes in your starting lineup and poor depth is no one can figure out for sure which holes you are going to roll with this season.

khiladi

Reaction score
I was watching this on Facebook.

1. Jerry basically now believes in ‘coaching’. He basically used Dak’s first year that a guy can be coached up to greatness. Clearly he doesn’t believe that for Garrett though.

2. He’s going cheap. He said they only played their corners that late is because they were injured, as if the Garrett culture has ever been to play the young guys.

It’s clear that whatever decisions are being made in Dallas are about saving money.

khiladi

Reaction score
I was listening and I swear, as much as I make fun of JG, at least he and Stephen are doing their thing and bs'ing. Then Jerry from the rafters is like "ummm, I'd like to say something" and starts babbling about how they can take any player and coach them up since we took a rookie QB and coached him up to be a winner. I could just picture Stephen rubbing his head. "Great Dad, next question."

I was rolling my eyes at that part. I now officially hate Jerry after watching this PC.

khiladi

Reaction score
Stephen was basically saying that it’s all about getting the quality guys in draft, not having to spend money in free agency, and trying to sign the good ones before they hit the FA market and having to pay a fortune.

I even feel even more strongly that they primary reason they let go of Dez is because of money.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Anybody listening?

Jerry saying they wont have an X WR this year even if it's a rookie.
I'm str8t confused about that statement, so was that our hint, notification that they will not take a WR in this draft?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
don't listen to any of there press conferences any more or garrets either just don't learn much and cant stand to hear jerry talk in circles until they put together a team that is competitive in the nfl as far as the playoffs are concerned will just get my news here

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Stephen was basically saying that it’s all about getting the quality guys in draft, not having to spend money in free agency, and trying to sign the good ones before they hit the FA market and having to pay a fortune.

I even feel even more strongly that they primary reason they let go of Dez is because of money.
Had nothing to do with sucking or his piss poor attitude. :banghead: