They are having the Pre-Draft press conference

superonyx

Reaction score
Earl Thomas?

Oh please no....Lets not trade away our first round draft pick for a guy who is too close to 30 and who will be a free agent in just 1 season. (meaning we could get him for free in 16 games)

Eric Weddle misfire could come back to bite us once again.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I was watching this on Facebook.

1. Jerry basically now believes in ‘coaching’. He basically used Dak’s first year that a guy can be coached up to greatness. Clearly he doesn’t believe that for Garrett though.

2. He’s going cheap. He said they only played their corners that late is because they were injured, as if the Garrett culture has ever been to play the young guys.

It’s clear that whatever decisions are being made in Dallas are about saving money.

Basically he is saying in the cap era, since a large % of your cap dollars are spent on the top 10 players or so on your roster, you have to find and play young players and coach them up to build a competitive team.

You can not pay every player top money, so the draft is critical, he is right on this point.

So if you see players like Hitch (getting huge payday) or Dez (big pay with declining production) you have to let them go.

khiladi

Reaction score
Basically he is saying in the cap era, since a large % of your cap dollars are spent on the top 10 players or so on your roster, you have to find and play young players and coach them up to build a competitive team.

You can not pay every player top money, so the draft is critical, he is right on this point.

So if you see players like Hitch (getting huge payday) or Dez (big pay with declining production) you have to let them go.

The cap era has been around for years. It didn’t stop him from signing guys like Church and paying guys like Leonard Davis, or bringing in TO.

The guy has gone cheap...

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
The cap era has been around for years. It didn’t stop him from signing guys like Church and paying guys like Leonard Davis, or bringing in TO.

The guy has gone cheap...

Yes, though apparently Stephen has convinced Jerry of this perspective and its merit.

They have gone cheap in restricted Free Agency outside of their own players., especially since Jerry has adopted this approach and perspective.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes, though apparently Stephen has convinced Jerry of this perspective and its merit.

Well, Jerry used Dak as an example, but failed to mention his regression with more coaching last year..

Like I said, Jerry has gone basically cheap.. that’s probably why they let go of Romo..

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Well, Jerry used Dak as an example, but failed to mention his regression with more coaching last year..

Like I said, Jerry has gone basically cheap.. that’s probably why they let go of Romo..

Cheap in restricted free agency of outside players, yes!

khiladi

Reaction score
Cheap in restricted free agency of outside players, yes!

Huh? Jerry and Stephen just outlined their approach. They want to extend good players that they drafted before they hit the market so they don’t have to pay a high price. They are just basically focusing on the draft.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well folks, Jerry is so confident and enthused, I don't know why we even need to attend the draft. There is no way a rookie can crack this 52.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Huh? Jerry and Stephen just outlined their approach. They want to extend good players that they drafted before they hit the market so they don’t have to pay a high price. They are just basically focusing on the draft.

They are being cheap in restricted free agency with other teams players but signing their own players they draft and develop who warrant the second contract.

That is what I have been saying but they are not being cheap signing their own free agents.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Anybody listening?

Jerry saying they wont have an X WR this year even if it's a rookie.
from my understanding they never had a TRUE X they designated it something else, JJ Dementia:lmao::lmao2: kicking in and hes saying Dez is gone :(())

superonyx

Reaction score
They talked about DT, said if he can rush up the middle they are not opposed to a 1 tech early.

They do not just want a run stopper.
If they don't want a run stopper then they better move on Navarro Bowman at MLB because we don't have anyone at LB who can stop the run or take on a Guard. I like Jaylon but lets not pretend he is a speedster with McFadden level of chicken legs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t understand what some of you want from them?

You want them to say “we really need to take a linebacker in the first couple of rounds”

They aren’t going to say that. No team does right before ththe draft.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I'm str8t confused about that statement, so was that our hint, notification that they will not take a WR in this draft?
Doesn't matter if we drafted Ridley or Moore, they are not true #1 type receivers although Ridley IMO is closer.