They need to trust Rush

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I dont think they come out of the north this year...Your QB being the most sacked QB in the league just never works out.
Yeah it was like the Cowboys winning 12 games leading the league in penalties. You aren't going to strike lighting in a bottle twice. Most sacked QB ain't making it back to the SB at that rate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
most said before the season we would be 0-2 i guess your memory is lapsing .that's what i mean. this week most aid we would be embarrassed in a blowout. thats nothing to lose all expecting loss you can play loose, throw out the bottom of the paybook.
Yeah but idiots said that. That doesn't mean the Cowboys thought that. Cowboys think they are championship contenders this year. We may have given up but you can't tell Micah or Diggs or anyone on this team that. They think they can win.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore and his conservative, predictable play calling needs to stop.

Cooper Rush proved today that he can make all the throws.

Open this thing up and start trying to win, rather than try not to lose.

They actually did start the game super aggressive. We came out and went for a 4th down around mid field. Rush was throwing the ball all over the field. That opened up the running game. Then at halftime, the offense went into a shell inexplicably trying to protect a 14 point lead with half a game left. But, Rush did what did QBs do........ he made the throws he had to make to win the game and didn't do anything to lose it.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Better than last week but he had some errors. Let’s not let the sweetness of the smell of this win drown out the occasional stench here and there.

I get it.

I'm just happy for a win and to take away some positives from that game, like an improved Noah Brown.

He's had almost as many yards in his first two games as he's had some seasons. Seeing that makes me optimistic, especially because we have some guys coming back who can also play.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Kellen Moore and his conservative, predictable play calling needs to stop.

Cooper Rush proved today that he can make all the throws.

Open this thing up and start trying to win, rather than try not to lose.
Okay so throw more like week 1, and have a lesser result? We ran the ball almost 50% more this game, and the result was a W. Becoming one dimensional is a sure fire way to lose a game. The Bucs scored ONE TD against us.

Our offense tried to pass too much, and it cost them. We were gashing them early. Make them keep playing it until they stop it, and keep them guessing. Game plan was trash game one.

Conservative with some shots down field is the way to go. Even with Dak. That's how they played his rookie year. Not sure why they keep trying to make him a gunner. He's a balanced player that needs time in the pocket. Daks worst trait to me is holding on to the ball too long. You alleviate that by effectively running the ball, or short slants etc. Not a Dak Stan, but if we want to see Dak 2.0, ask Cooper to throw more with the rush coming in his face. Look up his stats vs heavy pressure. He had very little this game because we dominated them running the ball.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles team that just struggled to beat the Lions? Yeah I don't see it. Rams? That's another issue but they too are struggling.

Yes. They won’t beat the Eagles or Rams scoring 3 points in like 45 minutes like they did tonight. They scored a TD right wt the end of the first quarter. Then kicked a FG near end of half.

Their next score was as time expired. So yeah, they won’t win either game if they go over 40 minutes scoring just 3 points. I mean I guess it’s possible if they get like 5 turnovers/

Verdict

Reaction score
I get it.

I'm just happy for a win and to take away some positives from that game, like an improved Noah Brown.

He's had almost as many yards in his first two games as he's had some seasons. Seeing that makes me optimistic, especially because we have some guys coming back who can also play.
It’s really odd. Brown was a very solid receiver at Ohio State. Tore OU up one game for like 3 touchdowns.

I’m not saying Brown is all that and a bag of chips but maybe he just needs an opportunity.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you think Rush is going to carry the team this fanbase is the reason why Jerry keeps butts in the seat. I'm not sold.
Ya seems Dak is doing great with the fans hence the boos and the garbage being thrown at him!!!:muttley:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
As teams get more tape on Rush, he'll come back to earth.
That's when KellMo's competency - or lack therefore - will come into play.
Can he be creative enough to give Rush and the offensive an advantage as teams take away what Rush does best.
We don't need to waste this defense.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
As teams get more tape on Rush, he'll come back to earth.
That's when KellMo's competency - or lack therefore - will come into play.
Can he be creative enough to give Rush and the offensive an advantage as teams take away what Rush does best.
We don't need to waste this defense.

Any truth to the rumor McCarthey had his hands in Kelmo’s gameplan this week? Up until this week, Kelmo got full autonomy on offensive scheme.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Dak is always going to be conservative. Akwzys. He’s always going to throw behind receivers. He’s always going to wait for guys to get college wide ope before throwing it.
all last year I have been saying that , he wont let the ball go to WR unless he sees visible separation, thats why he needs a real good OL , to protect that long , he is very interception focussed , try to avoid it which kills throwing guys wide open .

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The plan they had this week was much better than last weeks. And with more recent tape of rush tgey better keep it up.

Sydla

Reaction score
PFF tracks this sort of thing

PFF said he had only two potential turnover plays. Looks like you exaggerated. Something tells me you are a Dak guy.

You shouldn't worry, Rush is no threat to take Dak's job.