They need to trust Rush

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They can’t rust him to make all the throws. Arm strength is just not there.
Rush has more arm strength than Dak, imo. Rush threw that 40 yard ball to CeeDee off his back foot. I don’t think Rush is a better QB than Dak overall, but arm strength isn’t a problem

Flamma

Reaction score
Kellen Moore and his conservative, predictable play calling needs to stop.

Cooper Rush proved today that he can make all the throws.

Open this thing up and start trying to win, rather than try not to lose.

They definitely dialed it back after we got out to the 17-3 lead. All we needed was one more score and Shultz fumbles.

BTW, did anyone else think he missed the FG? I know that he didn't, it just looked like it did from my angle.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Rush has more arm strength than Dak, imo. Rush threw that 40 yard ball to CeeDee off his back foot. I don’t think Rush is a better QB than Dak overall, but arm strength isn’t a problem

Sorry Wooten thats ridiculous but i get it you dont want Dak and wanting Rush to be an NFL QB makes you look silly sorry..it does. Rush played a good game but many times his passes hung in the air they could not even throw out routes as he cant deliver...again Rush played good he can not make the throws...Cincy is not a geat team...as i said before the season.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Thats all you can do i am too and again, if we can win games with a 570K QB then lets roll, but acting like he is better than Dak is just ridiculous.

Hey, man, I was ready to get another QB before the season even started. But I'll take a win all day.

He gave us a chance today, and that's all I want from any backup. So, I'm not necessarily high on Cooper Rush. But I also don't think our season is over just yet.

If he can win another one or two games, that's a great deal.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
He looks cool, comfortable and confident.

Not someone who acts nervous or like a chicken without a head on ALL plays.

He ran the offense quite nicely, in command, smooth and collective.

The team as a whole looked pretty good, actually much better.

Stak78

Reaction score
I want to give Cooper Rush his props for standing in the pocket and delivering the ball as best as he could. He’s a smart guy with poise. That being said. Rush floats the ball like a backup quarterback. He got it done today. But I’m shocked he wasn’t picked off several times today.
Dak hasn’t looked right since he got hurt against the Patriots last year. Before that happened Dak was slinging the ball as good as anyone. The constant pressure coming from the left side of the line may have something to do with it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Hey, man, I was ready to get another QB before the season even started. But I'll take a win all day.

He gave us a chance today, and that's all I want from any backup. So, I'm not necessarily high on Cooper Rush. But I also don't think our season is over just yet.

If he can win another one or two games, that's a great deal.

He can win another this D can get you there..Rush played good but a good defense will force him to throw outside...the Bengals caught lightining in a bottle last year..there not good and will not sniff the playoffs.look thier top CB is one we ran out of town..Im all for Rush winning and if boy genius OC doesnt sink him he can but in no way does he throw the ball anything like the top QB's in this league. He just doesnt..if he did he would not be here as we have waived him and no one even looked.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They won't beat the Giants or the Skins if they play offensively like they did for about a 35 minute stretch of this game today. You can't win in this league not being able to throw the ball and make some chunk plays.

You can hope and want to win ugly all night long if you want but it's not going to work in this league.
IT will work against certain teams. Did you see the Giants today? They literally won ugly lol. Skins stink. I saw that whole game and it will take 20 points to beat both of these teams. These are not juggernauts our defense can contain them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because the defense completely bailed them out over and over and over and over and over.

If you think you can win this way, have a it.

But if you are hoping this team is .500 or better by the time Dak gets back playing this way, you are going to be sorely disappointed.
If this team plays like they did today they will be 3-1 in the next few weeks.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Count me with those who count the number of times Coop got away with an interception that-should-have-been... and then, add the tipped passes.

I've been one of his more consistent advocates, but he arguably was more lucky today than he was good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly Rush played to his top level and thank god because we needed it..had Dak been playing at his normal self we win this by 14. But it doesnt matter to these guys because they just want anyone but Dak...facts have nothing to do with it. Rush played a good game and showed he is a good QB2 but damn he missed any throw longer than 10 yards and the WR actually came to play...ooh yeah and this wasnt he TB defense. If Rush makes Kellen call a better game then fine lets roll with Rush but your offense will not be hitting anything longer than 10 yards because he just doesnt have the arm.
Man they're trying to convince me that last week wasn't a bad game by Dak its what Dak always was lol....last week trumps last years Bucc's game for some strange reason lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree, they went into shell trying to protect a score of 17 points

i mean i was little frustrated witht eh constant dump offs and behind the line plays

altough Moore cant help Schultz hold onto ball, that fumble gave cinci the opportunity If we close that drive with 3 or 7 that last drive would not have been needed,

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Count me with those who count the number of times Coop got away with an interception that-should-have-been tonight... and then, add the tipped passes.

I've been one of his more consistent advocates, but he arguably was more lucky today than he was good.
Exactly how his Minnie game was. And that's ok. Most people know what this is nobody can seriously think he's better or as good as Dak. I think we have a solid backup based on what he's shown today. But he has never been asked to play a stretch of games so we'll see. So far so good. Nice solid win against the AFC champs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree, they went into shell trying to protect a score of 17 points

i mean i was little frustrated witht eh constant dump offs and behind the line plays

altough Moore cant help Schultz hold onto ball, that fumble gave cinci the opportunity If we close that drive with 3 or 7 that last drive would not have been needed,
They tried to protect that score because they saw like most of us how many times Rush almost got picked off. Which happens but no point in being more aggressive than they were.

Mannix

Reaction score
I just jumped on here, so I apologize if someone else said the following....nice win, but BOTH of his starts and wins were in domed stadiums....what is his pop gun arm gonna be like the next two weeks if there are any outside elements at play???