Thing's that annoy you, that shouldn't.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
A different spin on a things that annoy you thread. This is one where you can tell everyone something that annoys you so they can laugh at you for being annoyed by it.

Mine is, whenever I visit my parents they have a neighbor, who is ALWAYS outside with his car washing and waxing it. It never fails, when I get there, he's out there washing it, when I leave, he's out there washing it. It's like OCD or something.

Your turn!

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
People that hum, tap or whistle, especially if the song's actually playing at the time! Why do they think I'd rather hear them than the artist? Drives me nuts! I wish it didn't though, because so many people do it.:rolleyes:

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
jimnabby;4062945 said:
Misuse of the apostrophe.
That is way too easy. You need to do better than that. Like let's hear something about your every day life.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Two things that annoy me that shouldn't.

1) People that don't seem to understand my answer because it wasn't what they expected.

example:

Them: "ever been to Niagra Falls?
Me: "no"
Them: "what, never?"
Me: "no" (slightly agitated)
Them: "really", .. never?"
Me: "never" (looking for something to bash them over the head with)
Them: "never the Canadian or the American side?"
Me: "ah no, never" (thinking, DID YOU NOT hear my answer the first time?)
Them: "I can't believe you've never been to Niagra Falls, .. you kidding?"
Me: "no, I have NEVER been to Niagra Falls!" (reaching for their throat)
Them: "you've never been to Niagra Falls?"

You get the picture.

2) When people answer my question without answering the question.

examples:

Me: "what time is the game"
Them: "same as last game"

Me: "what time do you want to eat"
Them: "I have gymnastics at 7:30"

Me: "what is your favorite movie"
Them: "same as Sarah"

Not good examples, but you get the picture. Their answer does not answer the question, so I have to ask it again.

Reaction score
Hearing other people chew food. It usually happens when somebody is eating chips or something crunchy and we're watching a movie or what have you. The sound of other people eating crunchy food just drives me berserk for some reason.

Ranzo

Reaction score
Sound effects and animated "branding" graphics that wipe the screen. I blame ESPN for it all. They started the special effects extravaganza and is thus unwatchable. Now it's like a virus across the media organ. Every shot, stat, or highlight is introduced and punctuated with some element of this fluff. It's not unusual to miss live action due to it, and makes me want to go Elvis on my TVs. Partially because it's simply obnoxious and also because I know the methods and goals of these tactics. If consumers knew in how low regard advertisers/mktrs hold their audience they'd be shocked. Let me just encapsulate: they believe we're all truly,mightily obtuse and require steady prompting or jolting to snap us out of our vacant stares, but once directed attention is obtained, easily impelled. See, it bothers me way too much. I've never known anybody as adverse to this as I am. Might just be a disorder of some kind....I'll l talk to the team of therapists who are caring for me about it.:laugh1:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
People who are in line at drive through for 5 minutes and do not look at the menu till they get to the order both

dcdallaschick

Reaction score
Joshmvii;4062999 said:
Hearing other people chew food. It usually happens when somebody is eating chips or something crunchy and we're watching a movie or what have you. The sound of other people eating crunchy food just drives me berserk for some reason.

Ditto on this for me. The sound of my husband eating chips is almost grounds for divorce. Apparently we have a disease: :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Joshmvii;4062999 said:

I always want to choke people who smack gum. If you are going to chew gum, do it with your mouth closed. Nobody wants to hear you smacking.

On that note though, your answer (and mine here) do not fit the category. These are things that annoy you and they should. He was asking for thing that annoy you that shouldn't.

Anyone who eats / chews with their mouth open should be shot on sight.

Ranzo

Reaction score
jimnabby;4062945 said:

Good call. I usually hold my tongue or fingers when I run across it but really it's not that hard to distinguish betwixt possessive forms and contractions. We learn this in elementary skrool. Good gravy!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The use of quite when they mean quiet

are instead of our

there are others that I can't think of at the moment

:laugh1: <----just to annoy NYC

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Joshmvii;4062999 said:

I'm with this guy.
Crunchy or not, shut your mouth when you chew.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
I hate DVR. My wife pauses the TV even when she isn't watching it when she has to leave the room or someone starts talking to her. It will take her all night to watch an hour long show because she pauses it and doesn't fast forward through most commercials. Sometimes I want to throw it out the window.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Ranzo;4063016 said:
Good call. I usually hold my tongue or fingers when I run across it but really it's not that hard to distinguish betwixt possessive forms and contractions. We learn this in elementary skrool. Good gravy!
And I bet you a bagillion dollars I can parse through his posts and find mistakes if I wanted to.

:D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
jimnabby;4062945 said:

theogt;4063009 said:
You've won the internet. Sorry, had to laugh at that.

Ranzo;4063016 said:

tupperware;4063078 said:
Way too expected though.

tupperware;4063105 said:
And I bet you a bagillion dollars I can parse through his posts and find mistakes if I wanted to.

:D

Apparently you started this thread off on the right foot.

:p: