Things that are wrong with this team

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Marinelli has crap to work with folks. CRAP!! Always has., but this has to be the worst! Just last week we were praising him with the 3-2-6. Now this? Lol. The LB's are horrific.
He is part of that reason. He chooses so.e if those ingredients.....

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Two losses. Outcoached by first year head coaches.

Perhaps you are digging too hard to look for intangible things like "culture".
This team needs to look at GB like Jimmy Johnson would look at a 400 pound gorilla.
Who here thinks that's going to happen?

Section446

Reaction score
All the sudden people are starting to admit that we were wrong to let Leary go? I said it in the off-season and the Homer's came after me in full force.

risco

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying this team does not suck and not everything is wrong with this team. These observations are not based on this game only, but were also part of the reason we lost this game today. But these are continuing problems that I think are getting in the way of this team winning ball games:

1. Dez Bryant. This guy can't get open and he can't catch the ball when it is thrown to him. The Dez Bryant issue doesn't stop there. We seem hell bent on forcing him the ball and killing drives by throwing deep to him. We are paying him top 5 money. I was wrong about saying he may not be top 10. It is much worse than that. He probably isn't top 50 and no I'm not kidding about that. At least he is a good guy and not a cancer. But other than that he is TO in his last year.

2. Jason Witten. Another albatross of a contract. But that is beside the point. He can find a seam but he can't run after catch and the guy can't block for ****. It isn't surprising that on Zekes big run the hole was opened by Hanna. Hanna got the TD catch. Hopefully we will see more of him. He is a progress stopper of the worst order and he seems to get to call his own shots which is an indictment of the coaching staff. I think if Witten wanted to play QB he would bench Dak because Witten has "earned that right". Pathetic.

3. Rod Marinelli. Where do I start? The game has passed him by. He can't evaluate talent. He has the wrong guys active and doesn't put the team in a position to succeed The soft coverage he insists on using with these DBs is idiotic. He is vanilla as hell with his blitzes and moving guys around to get a mismatch is noexistent. They need to cut him and replace him with a decent high school coach. It would be an upgrade. His beliefs are based on him having asap, et. .al and he doesn't have a Warren Sapp on this roster.

4. Dak, but not for the reason you think. I think Dak is a superior QB. But they are playing to his weakness and "coaching" the good decisions he made last year out of him.

5. The OL. They aren't as good as they were last year. Letting Leary go was a horrible mistake. It too bad that they didn't cut Dez and Witten or do whatever they could to keep him on the roster. Huge loss. Piss poor management decision.

6. They won't throw it to Beasley. He was a big part of last year's formula for success. This year he hasn't even been an afterthought. It's frustrating to watch.

7. Coaching staff's stubbornness and inability/refusal to adapt. This one is self explanatory. I could go on for days about the piss poor decision making of this coaching staff.

8. Piss poor catching ability of receivers. TWill's body catching hurt us badly today.
Well- I think we have too many RKGs. We need a few bad attitude thugs on the team to help right the ship.

reddyuta

Reaction score
the worst thing about this team is Marinelli,a few times we blitzed it worked but he just cannot see that our DEs are not getting there and takes it every time.I wish he would just retire and leave us alone.

sbark

Reaction score
This is true-however there are certain things he needs to do better.

We don't blitz. We match up our slowest LB in JAylon Smith, who isn't any good right now, and put him against their slot WR.

That is poor coaching. Honestly some of these players are just WIDE open and it is ridiculous.
they sent O-scan I beleive on a blitz on that play ...left J.Smith covering a WR...folks it wont happen if the blitz is read and O-scan doesnt get there cleanly............it got read, and Oscan didnt. Thats strategy football.

so we did blitz, but the blitz left us in a calculated mismatch........good scheme from the rams young head coach...he maybe even anticipated it i'd say from tape

soopastar4

Reaction score
Jerry is to busy paying guys like scandrick/crawford/wilber/heath/durant/hitchens/carroll/ to lose games for us rather than take the money from those bums and bring in two real difference makers.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Jerry Jones.
Your nom de plume keeps reminding me of that Elton song Tiny Dancer.
Thanks, thanks a lot for that... Now I need to put on some Cult on the old headphones.

soopastar4

Reaction score
I still belive the offensive struggles are more about poor play calling than letting leary go. In fact i belive they would look just like they do know because leary never got to the second level to block lbs who seem to be the main reason the run game has been stopped with them filling the run lanes.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
It's so annoying hearing the "Dez doesn't get open" talk from the "faithful" here.

It's like they only watch Cowboys games. A half step is open in the NFL. Dez gains that half step frequently. Our quarterback cannot consistently hit a WR unless he's single covered and gains two steps on a DB. he's slow to process information and not consistently accurate under duress.

Stopped reading after your point one because why read some deep synopsis of our team when you don't fundamentally understand the game at this level.

Dez is out there jogging his routes. Not even just at the end of decided games. He does it all the time. It's impossible to get timing down with him because of it. He regularly quits on a route completely when he doesn't think he's getting the ball. He runs TO contact, instead of trying to get separation. He runs the worst routes on the team. He's a simpleton who allows opponents to get into his head. He is immensely gifted, but he's more interested in being a "dawg" or a tough guy than he is in actually being a successful WR. He has completely bought into his own hype and is more interested in propagating a persona than playing the game.

Sydla

Reaction score
Marinelli has crap to work with folks. CRAP!! Always has., but this has to be the worst! Just last week we were praising him with the 3-2-6. Now this? Lol. The LB's are horrific.

Stop.

For how many more years are we going to blame the talent? Geezus to heaven. For starters, these are the guys HE WANTED. He wanted a guy like Nolan Carroll. He wanted a guy like Thornton last year.

It's over. Frankly, it's over for the entire staff. It's times to move on. Yes, I said it. This franchise is stuck in the mud with the current leadership. It's just going to be a yo-yo run with Garrett where one year you think he may have gotten over the hump and then the next year they look lost, out of sync and with little focus.

I've seen enough.

Sydla

Reaction score
You have some nice cajones to come here and defend Dez on a day when he had some boneheaded moves like dropping a needed first down that hit him in the hands (actually it barely hit him in the hands, he whiffed on the ball).

I don't know what's going on but at this point, no one is free from blame. And that includes Dez and Dak.