Things That Make You Feel Old

Creeper

Reaction score
Going to the doctor every 5 weeks. Getting a blood test and every test comes back with something else out of whack.
Playing softball a couple of years ago when I realized that my mind knew where the ball was going but by the time my body reacted it was too late the ball past me. :)
That's like hitting my driver off a tee and watching if fall about 40 yards shorter than I used to hit it just a couple of years ago! Of course I blame the ball!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Going to the Mall, never thought i would feel out of place but here we are. Ditto for music, whattaya mean Zeppelin, Rush and Pink Floyd are old news :laugh::laugh:

I actually like watching some of the reaction videos. The ones who aren't overacting can be pretty cool to watch. Watching someone listen to Zep, Floyd, SRV, etc., for the first time brings back the feeling you had when it was still new.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Going to the doctor every 5 weeks. Getting a blood test and every test comes back with something else out of whack.

That's like hitting my driver off a tee and watching if fall about 40 yards shorter than I used to hit it just a couple of years ago! Of course I blame the ball!
It's the clubs!...or the shoes!...or something distracted me....I mean you!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Going to the Mall, never thought i would feel out of place but here we are. Ditto for music, whattaya mean Zeppelin, Rush and Pink Floyd are old news :laugh::laugh:

That's another way I know I'm getting old. I turn on the radio and starting grumbling about "today's music" and how much it sucks. :laugh:

Then I throw on some 90s music (my generation) and realize that a middle schooler now looks back at Nirvana like I looked back at Elvis when I was their age. :( It's fascinating how cultural perspectives shift over time. What was once groundbreaking and revolutionary becomes part of history, viewed through a different lens by each generation.

I remember, like 5 years ago, my high-schooler daughter came home and started asking me about 2Pac and if I thought he was still alive (you know, like how my generation always heard how Elvis was still alive). I was like, oh boy, and here I am in life already.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Conversations with my kids and granddaughter.

Me: Yeah. My first car was a 1979 Chevy Nova. I bought my first brand new set of tires from Otasco.
Son: What is an Otasco?

~riding with my daughter in her car passing a Dollar General~
Daughter: You can find cheap stuff in there (she points at the store).
Me: Yeah but (I point at an old strip mall located on the opposite side of the road) it couldn't beat the prices at the TG&Y store that used to be right over there.
Daughter: What is a TG&Y?

~shopping with my granddaughter at Walmart SuperCenter~
Me: Used to be everybody went to A&P and got their groceries. Now, people walk around women's lingerie just to get to the cookie aisle.
Granddaughter: What kind of store is an A&P, Pawpaw?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Conversations with my kids and granddaughter.

Me: Yeah. My first car was a 1979 Chevy Nova. I bought my first brand new set of tires from Otasco.
Son: What is an Otasco?

~riding with my daughter in her car passing a Dollar General~
Daughter: You can find cheap stuff in there (she points at the store).
Me: Yeah but (I point at an old strip mall located on the opposite side of the road) it couldn't beat the prices at the TG&Y store that used to be right over there.
Daughter: What is a TG&Y?

~shopping with my granddaughter at Walmart SuperCenter~
Me: Used to be everybody went to A&P and got their groceries. Now, people walk around women's lingerie just to get to the cookie aisle.
Granddaughter: What kind of store is an A&P, Pawpaw?
To be fair, I've never heard of any of those stores either. :muttley:

I don't think they existed in the Pacific Northwest....that I ever remember.

rags747

Reaction score
I went to a concert this last weekend. The artist started a slower song and asked everybody to pull out their cellphones and wave them with the flashlights on. Not the first time I've seen this, but for some reason it was the first time that made me feel old as I sat and thought "I remember when that used to be people waving lighters".

When we got out of the concert it was about 11pm. I used to think "Nice!! It's only 11pm!!" Now I think "Dang! It's already 11pm!!"

90s music to teenagers today is the equivalent of what 60s music was to me as a teenager in the 90s.

:(
And yet u did not mention the convert or type music! 90’s music is quite fantastic in my mind.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Left NY in 2019, could have sworn that A&P was long gone,no?
You're right. I just tried to Google the last one I knew of, in Port Chester, NY, but apparently they declared a 2nd bankruptcy in 2015, and closed or sold all remaining stores.