Think any players kneel tomorrow night?

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
People are kneeling to spread awareness of the oppressed in this country.......and people want them to shut up and bash their heads in. People claim kneeling for the anthem is anti-American yet those critics of the ones kneeling during the anthem are the ones who sound anti-American. This country may have been built on hate but that doesn't mean we should continue that same hate for stuff we don't understand or agree with.

So you think the NFL is the place for this crap? And where do you get off saying America was built on hate? At the time of the birth of America, The world had slaves, the world treated women the way they were back then. We were the ones who actually brought a way for eventually everyone would be free. It may have taken lives and time to do it, but we have grown greatly as society. Seems like the last several years has taken us backwards.

The NFL is no place for politics period. You wanna protest, you do it in a way that civilized society would have to and that is at the steps of the White House and the voting booth. These players doing this when the rest of us show respect before a game just reminds us what entitled brats these guys are, who make 10+ million per year by the way. No one feels sorry for them.
Oppressed? Yeah there are those, and I guess kneeling is better than breaking into a working mans store and looting it, but hate only begots hate. You can fix racism with racism. You must fix with true equality, and that means blind kindness.

But I will end this by repeating my main point: politics does not belong in the NFL. Respect others and the flag, then play the game you are paid to play

rags747

Reaction score
Country was built on hate, freeking 240+ years later and we still have people crying about ancient history. People of all races from all over the world come to this country and kick *** and work all day hard and not a g dam one of them complain about bs statues etc. I have weekly landscapers from Guatemala at my house and they work hard and honestly and bust their butts daily, they have also become citizens. I am currently employing painters from Poland painting the exterior of my house, also recent citizens who bust their *****. None of them complain and are just happy as all hell to be here and able to support their families in the Greatest country in the world. All of these people could have gone on welfare but it's not in their DNA, just work hard daily and grab a piece of the American dream.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Tonight the Cowboys can end all dissenting opinions on who's America's team by being America's team. Right now there's an awful lot of ticked off Americans at the NFL. A lot won't even watch, but they read, and no protesting would send a powerful signal that could be a boom in merchandise, and popularity for a team that's already 1.

It actually sends chills down my spine what this could mean. Hell, all my friends which are Eagles fans have been praising Jerry Jones, and the Cowboys stance on these issues we faced over the last 6 + years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Tonight the Cowboys can end all dissenting opinions on who's America's team by being America's team. Right now there's an awful lot of ticked off Americans at the NFL. A lot won't even watch, but they read, and no protesting would send a powerful signal that could be a boom in merchandise, and popularity for a team that's already 1.

It actually sends chills down my spine what this could mean. Hell, all my friends which are Eagles fans have been praising Jerry Jones, and the Cowboys stance on these issues we faced over the last 6 + years.

If they truly are "America's Team" then they should be a representation of what America is. Standing up for what's right. #Nohate

So you think the NFL is the place for this crap? And where do you get off saying America was built on hate? At the time of the birth of America, The world had slaves, the world treated women the way they were back then. We were the ones who actually brought a way for eventually everyone would be free. It may have taken lives and time to do it, but we have grown greatly as society. Seems like the last several years has taken us backwards.

The NFL is no place for politics period. You wanna protest, you do it in a way that civilized society would have to and that is at the steps of the White House and the voting booth. These players doing this when the rest of us show respect before a game just reminds us what entitled brats these guys are, who make 10+ million per year by the way. No one feels sorry for them.
Oppressed? Yeah there are those, and I guess kneeling is better than breaking into a working mans store and looting it, but hate only begots hate. You can fix racism with racism. You must fix with true equality, and that means blind kindness.

But I will end this by repeating my main point: politics does not belong in the NFL. Respect others and the flag, then play the game you are paid to play

I'm just curious to who are you to tell people when they should or shouldn't protest? There aren't rules to protests especially if they are peaceful. These guys have a voice. I see no reason to mute it unless you have a problem with what they are standing up for.

And i've been to plenty of games....no one ever cared about the anthem before. You would see people in line getting food, eating and on their cell phone during the anthem....never heard anyone scream disrespect then though.

These protests aren't about the players. You see the true character of those people who stand up for the less fortunate. For the oppressed.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
And i've been to plenty of games....no one ever cared about the anthem before. You would see people in line getting food, eating and on their cell phone during the anthem....never heard anyone scream disrespect then though.
You are lying....... every game I have everf been to people respect the anthem and moments of silence...... a few can't help being in line or returning with food but no one sits and talks on their phone....... men are even mocked for not removing their caps

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are lying....... every game I have everf been to people respect the anthem and moments of silence...... a few can't help being in line or returning with food but no one sits and talks on their phone....... men are even mocked for not removing their caps

How are you going to tell me i'm lying then backing up what I said by saying "a few can't help...."?

I have been to Rnagers, Mavericks and Cowboys games and that national anthem was never taken serious by everyone. Sure its taken serious by many......but not everyone lives by that flag. Some of these guys have been sitting during the anthem long before this season started.

If players want to stand for them anthem that's them. If they don't that's also them. We are here to watch them play football.....the only reason people even watch the anthem now is to see if anyone stands for it.
Everyone will be fine if everyone continued to just mind their business and do what's right.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
How are you going to tell me i'm lying then backing up what I said by saying "a few can't help...."?

I have been to Rnagers, Mavericks and Cowboys games and that national anthem was never taken serious by everyone. Sure its taken serious by many......but not everyone lives by that flag. Some of these guys have been sitting during the anthem long before this season started.

If players want to stand for them anthem that's them. If they don't that's also them. We are here to watch them play football.....the only reason people even watch the anthem now is to see if anyone stands for it.
Everyone will be fine if everyone continued to just mind their business and do what's right.

You said 'no one ever cared about the anthem before' - Lie

You don't stand for something and you will fall for anything........keep living your life on your knees

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You said 'no one ever cared about the anthem before' - Lie

You don't stand for something and you will fall for anything........keep living your life on your knees
They aren't standing up against bigotry....against police brutality....against hatred...I have to question the morals and heart of someone who goes against that. And no it's not a lie. Everyone is not standing up during the anthem. Some are in line or on their phone I'm assuming checking their fantasy team.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
If they truly are "America's Team" then they should be a representation of what America is. Standing up for what's right. #Nohate

I'm just curious to who are you to tell people when they should or shouldn't protest? There aren't rules to protests especially if they are peaceful. These guys have a voice. I see no reason to mute it unless you have a problem with what they are standing up for.

These protests aren't about the players. You see the true character of those people who stand up for the less fortunate. For the oppressed.
You can spin this how you want, and hit all those touchy feely reasons so that people listen, but it is a private business in which I even in the slightest of fractions partially pay for so yes i have a right to say their political bs don't belong in it. Free speech protects public and govt institutions, not private otherwise I would be able to tell my boss to f off and not worry about getting fired.
Their kneeling is offensive to those of us who respect the flag, for the people who died for it, and for the country we live in. Our disgust for that has nothing to do with racism, oppression, and whatever spin you want to make it out to be.
No one is trying to mute it. I do respect the fact that they are not absolute imbiciles like the people who block traffic, loot stores, and beat up on people with a different opinion; but why does this political nonsense have to infiltrate every aspect of our society?
Hopefully this league wide crap is just a one week thing, otherwise NFL's decline will just continue...

Last edited:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You can spin this how you want, and hit all those touchy feely reasons so that people listen, but it is a private business in which I even in the slightest of fractions partially pay for so yes i have a right to say their political bs don't belong in it. Free speech protects public and govt institutions, not private otherwise I would be able to tell my boss to f off and not worry about getting fired.
Their kneeling is offensive to those of us who respect the flag, for the people who died for it, and for the country we live in. Our disgust for that has nothing to do with racism, oppression, and whatever spin you want to make it out to be.
No one is trying to mute it. I do respect the fact that they are not absolute imbiciles like the people who block traffic, loot stores, and beat up on people with a different opinion; but why does this political nonsense have to infiltrate every aspect of our society?
Hopefully this league wide crap is just a one week thing, otherwise I will back off on watching football too.
You pay for it? Lol ok. People with no real say always exaggerating their level of involvement. Your money or eyes won't be missed don't fool yourself

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
You pay for it? Lol ok. People with no real say always exaggerating their level of involvement. Your money or eyes won't be missed don't fool yourself
Yeah I forgot I am the only one who believes politics don't belong in the NFL :rolleyes:

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score

Thomas Sowell is great on this topic. One of the very best.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Not my experience or the experience of @theebs who goes to every home game. I see people on the phone, eating food, or just plain sitting down all the time.

Hardline

Reaction score
It is funny, because Tillman would be the first to take a knee...news flash he wasn't a conservative, he was a liberal atheist. People who knew him have come out saying he would hate the people bad mouthing Kaepernick.
Link?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yeah I forgot I am the only one who believes politics don't belong in the NFL :rolleyes:
Maybe you did forget something. What you said though that's not what I said. Some people stay trying to twist words but I shouldn't expect more from grown men using smilies. Enjoy the game

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Maybe you did forget something. What you said though that's not what I said. Some people stay trying to twist words but I shouldn't expect more from grown men using smilies. Enjoy the game
Then I guess you missed my point. So tell me why you vote? Maybe you don't, my point is still the same like my last post, with most posters this is all I would have to say so I apologize if I should of spelled it out for you.
As for the game, seen enough pregame

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Well done Dallas. After the game all the players should go to the middle of the field, take a knee and say a prayer. That's something the league has discouraged in the past, and it's a good time to say ** to Roger Goodell.