Redvolution
Reaction score
laptop-inspiron-mini-duo-front-hero-504x350-awards.png

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-duo/pd

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
casmith07;3857124 said:
Looks like the same tablet/notebook computers they made a while ago that bombed out.

Actually they didn't completely bomb out. Some businesses use them exclusively. (like mine) They are used *almost* exclusively on trading floors.

The general public didn't really see a need for them. Lets face it, using a stylist sucks for the most part. While you don't have to use one, for actually doing daily composition work on a touch screen would be horrendous.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
From Engadget: Rumblings of what to expect in the next iPad2

So what will we see on March 2nd? We're hearing it's most likely a thinner, spec-bumped variation of the original iPad with a screen size and resolution identical to the current model. More RAM (512MB) and a more powerful CPU (the A5) are expected as well. It's also a pretty safe bet the tablet will be sporting at least one camera up front -- though if some of those case mockups we've seen tell us anything, expect a shooter around back too. It's also almost guaranteed that we'll see the next version of iOS (number 5 in all likelihood, along with its SDK for devs), and an expansion of Apple's cloud services (that part is a little... foggy right now). Of course, that will perfectly set up Apple's announcement of the iPhone 5 in June, which is when iPad owners can likely expect to be using the new software. Regardless, we'll have the goods come next week, so stay tuned!

They say the SDcard and Higher Resolution displays will NOT make this update.

Makes one want to immediately run out and upgrade huh? :cool:

I encourage "those that can afford it", to do just that. /wink

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3826660 said:
they are displacing [strike]laptops and desktops[/strike]netbooks

My wife bought an IPad, she loves it as does CCF jr as he can play a ton of games on it.

fixed...

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
nyc;3857135 said:
Actually they didn't completely bomb out. Some businesses use them exclusively. (like mine) They are used *almost* exclusively on trading floors.

The general public didn't really see a need for them. Lets face it, using a stylist sucks for the most part. While you don't have to use one, for actually doing daily composition work on a touch screen would be horrendous.

I didn't say they completely bombed, I just said they bombed.