This board is on fire

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Who is this Joe "Burrows" dude? Is he related to Jason Whitten and Michael Irving?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't see anything different. Couple threads about the offseason, the draft, several whining about Romo again.

Same thing.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm loving the board and this off season....newness, hope, expectations...debating anything not JG related. I feel revived like someone gave me a Narcan shot...not that I would know.
Regardless of how anyone felt about Garrett or the old staff, just knowing there are a lot of new coaches and a new philosophy generates some fan optimism for the first time in several years.

No matter how it ends up after the 2020 season, even if it's yet another disappointment, at least it will be with new people and give fans new reasons to complain :D

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As always, please keep the off-topic/non-Cowboys discussions in the Off-topic Zone forum.

There are plenty of active threads in that forum for that purpose!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If prescott is tagged without exclusivity, & another team wants him , we can get two 1st round draft picks .

Insane ! That would be the hersell walker move all over again !
LOL.....not quite.....but I get your point.
Also, the problem is the value if a team like NE packages some other picks with other teams and sends you two 1’s that are 26-28. Then it’s not quite so exciting when it comes to finding a blue chip QB. And you have no control. If someone signs your guy, you have to take whatever two picks they give you, I think, possibly even spread over two years.

Last edited:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Oh ya. With Dak potentially holding out, Witten wanting back and DLaw (Jaylon) living that #lifestyle, this place is about to blow up big time.
time for mike to show them there's a new sheriff in town.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m really enjoying learning how much better McCarthy got at coaching after being let go. I didn’t hear much about it at the time, when he was fired in the middle of that season, but now that it’s happened, it’s really exciting.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m really enjoying learning how much better McCarthy got at coaching after being let go. I didn’t hear much about it at the time, when he was fired in the middle of that season, but now that it’s happened, it’s really exciting.
Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine :D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine :D

Im pretty “meh” on McCarthy overall. We could have done a lot worse. But we hardly heard “boo” about the guy the whole time he was available. Now he suddenly can do no wrong.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im pretty “meh” on McCarthy overall. We could have done a lot worse. But we hardly heard “boo” about the guy the whole time he was available. Now he suddenly can do no wrong.
I think many fans are still unsure about him, but are more optimistic just because Garrett is gone.

After 10 years, you are what you are. In fact, after five years you are what you are. Garrett may ultimately win Super Bowls with the Giants or as head coach somewhere else. That would not surprise me at all.

The end result though is that here, he did not do that and year after year ending in the same disappointment was very draining and depressing for most fans.

I am not sold on the McCarthy hype either nor am I down on him or unhappy with the signing.

That said, I am all in on the fresh injection of optimism that a new coaching staff and philosophy brings to the team.

As I said earlier, even if the 2020 season is disappointing, at least there will be with new things to complain about and we should also have more answers regarding some of our players since they will have had two different coaches and schemes to work in.

If after 2-3 years, the Cowboys don't do any better than they have done in the last 25 years, then it will be time to find another coach and try it all again.

No team or its fans should ever have to put up with 10 consecutive years of disappointing seasons with the same head coach no matter who that coach is or what he has done in the past.

At least try something new. If you are going to fail year after year, at least do it for new reasons.

Rinse and repeat failure gets old really quick, long before 10 years passes.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Kermit the frog can do no wrong if he were replaced by Garrett. Just seeing that man finally gone is certainly a breath of fresh air.

InTheZone

Reaction score
LOL.....not quite.....but I get your point.
Also, the problem is the value if a team like NE packages some other picks with other teams and sends you two 1’s that are 26-28. Then it’s not quite so exciting when it comes to finding a blue chip QB. And you have no control. If someone signs your guy, you have to take whatever two picks they give you, I think, possibly even spread over two years.
I'd still take it. 3 1st round picks, no matter how late can be used for year 1 contributors, unless you reach for players like Taco and whoever our 2nd year DT is...