This board is on fire

ESisback

Reaction score
All that time he had off and nobody really wanted him until we hired him. That says something. People just don’t want to hear it.

And there’s no guarantee at all that he has to be better. It could easily be a similar or worse situation next year.

And we could go 16-0, dominate everyone, and win SB 55! Anything’s possible. Yep, no guarantees!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
All that time he had off and nobody really wanted him until we hired him. That says something. People just don’t want to hear it.

And there’s no guarantee at all that he has to be better. It could easily be a similar or worse situation next year.
I'm not sure why you make i sound like he wasn't wanted. What are you basing this on? Do you have any links? Was he lobbying for jobs unsuccessfully?
Garrett won the division 3 times in years. That's garbage.
Garrett is 2-3 in the playoffs. Ouch.

There's no comparing resumes.

ESisback

Reaction score
Who’s the Garrett lover?

yeah, who?

Also, I think “Dak Haters” are actually very rare, because “hate” is too strong. A large portion of the fanbase feels he has some GREAT attributes, but aren’t quite sold yet on his Top Ten QB status. That doesn’t quite equate with “hate”.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure why you make i sound like he wasn't wanted. What are you basing this on? Do you have any links?.

Im referring to the absolute lack of any groundswell of support for him after he was fired mid-season in GB. But, no, I don’t have links to threads about people not wanting him. Good point.

ESisback

Reaction score
Im referring to the absolute lack of any groundswell of support for him after he was fired mid-season in GB. But, no, I don’t have links to threads about people not wanting him. Good point.

Maybe we didn’t notice a groundswell of support because:

1)We’re too wrapped up in the Cowboys
2)Rodgers attained a status above the coaches in GB.
3)The Packers were several years from a Super Bowl win, and fans are fickle.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe we didn’t notice a groundswell of support because:

1)We’re too wrapped up in the Cowboys
2)Rodgers attained a status above the coaches in GB.
3)The Packers were several years from a Super Bowl win, and fans are fickle.

Maybe. Hard to guess why something didn’t really happen earlier. But once he was hired here things changed, fwtw. That’s the only point I made.

I think the guy is likely to be a pretty good coach for us, for the record.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Burrows? Everyone is hung up on this kid. Ask RGIII, Manziel, Tebow, Mayfield, Winston, Mariota, Bradford etc.... on how they made out in the NFL?!

Cam is the only Heisman QB in a decade that actually made it in the NFL. Heisman quarterbacks, you can have 'em.
That’s really a legitimate reason on how to judge whether someone will be good or not? Haha, i’m always happy when I learn something every day.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All that time he had off and nobody really wanted him until we hired him. That says something.
He stepped away. Time to reset. Got that big project of his going in the basement. Studied the game. Big big difference.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He stepped away. Time to reset. Got that big project of his going in the basement. Studied the game. Big big difference.

Were we talking about how smart that was score Jerry actually hired him? Or was it just another way of saying he was a coach who’d been fired midseason and who was trying to stay relevant at that point?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

i was hoping Dak might set QB market the other way...like be happy and take less....so we could pay some other great players and be a force to be reckoned with?....but of course i think the dollar signs are too much to pass up?