This board is on fire

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just wait till posters realize we may lose out best player to FA, Jeff Heath.
I always felt that if Heath were on the right team, being used primarily on special teams, and some sub package coverage schemes, he would be in his true element.
Jimmy knew what he had early with Bill Bates and he put Bates in a position to maximize his skill set, and BB made a strong reputation for himself as a special teams ace.
More people will remember the name Bill Bates then they will Jeff Heath,, and Heath is probably the better natural athlete.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be the slightest surprised but I also thought he would have cleaned up his act while being investigated for DV against a woman (falsely accused or not) and after being suspended for it. Instead, he pulls up a woman's top in public (I don’t care if she did it herself minutes before) while under investigation and then proceeds to knock out a DJ after his suspension. He’s a straight up idiot.
I wish I could disagree.

aria

Reaction score
I wish I could disagree.
As much as I dislike him, and contrary to what others may think, I agree as well. I hate the chump but I definitely don’t want to see him do anything that will hurt this team. Once he wears another uniform I would be having a watch party.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Best offseason so far in 15 years. Garrett was fired and a REAL HC was hired.

The only people crying is ONE Garrett lover and the Dak haters. :yourock::yourock:

CRoy---total agreement....i could not stomach another Garrett BS interview about "process" or trusting it....no one trusts Garrett's process

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Naw...we got people here who are still butt-hurt about Cupcake Wade getting fired, lol!

i would not mind seeing Wade as DC....great job in Denver and LA...but i certainly aint butt hurt he's gone as HC

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If prescott is tagged without exclusivity, & another team wants him , we can get two 1st round draft picks .

Insane ! That would be the hersell walker move all over again !
Whats your goal. To win this year or long term. Winning this year means you keep Prescott. There aren't any moves we make with him that improve the 2020 Cowboys.

If you dont feel you have a roster to compete, then maybe you consider moving him if you are confident you can draft a franchise guy

Cowboys believe they can win in 2020

GenoT

Reaction score
i would not mind seeing Wade as DC....great job in Denver and LA...but i certainly aint butt hurt he's gone as HC
Agreed.

Also, I won’t be surprised if Garrett does well in NY as strictly the OC. Some guys are more suited to be coordinators than HCs.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Whats your goal. To win this year or long term. Winning this year means you keep Prescott. There aren't any moves we make with him that improve the 2020 Cowboys.

If you dont feel you have a roster to compete, then maybe you consider moving him if you are confident you can draft a franchise guy

Cowboys believe they can win in 2020

Looking at what SF did , i think i would prefer a long term vision . Id prefer getting 4-12 seasons , than getting 8-8 seasons without playoffs with middle of the draft picks .

Top picks a few seasons , then making the playoffs, & then the Superbowl .

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Then use the two picks for defensive studs? Package to move up for Burrows or Herbert? Deal for a competent FA QB?
If that happened I much rather grab Kinlaw and Delpit. Sign a free agent QB and look to get a franchise guy later. Depends if the 2 first round picks are this year or one this year and another next year. Look at Miami for example with 3 first round picks this year. Get, let's say pick 18. You could potentially come away with Kinlaw, Love and Delpit in the first this year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Saving this post for later.
That's my prediction.
In the WCO, the quarterback is the key. And even if we have Dak, we have no one behind him.
I think McCarthy is going to want someone behind Dak (or to take the reins if he doesn't pan out), someone he can groom to step in or be a back up.
It is simply ridiculous we had no one ready in case Dak got injured. Sorry, but Cooper Rush ain't cutting it.
So my prediction is McCarthy is going to convince Jerry and staff to take a quarterback. And then, …
this … place … is … going … to … EXPLODE!!! :laugh:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Im pretty “meh” on McCarthy overall. We could have done a lot worse. But we hardly heard “boo” about the guy the whole time he was available. Now he suddenly can do no wrong.
He took a year off that was probably more work for the common person. He didn't exactly campaign that he was available. And, he's got a solid and legit resume. At the very least, and to be fair, it HAS to be better than what we've had the last decade.

ESisback

Reaction score
He took a year off that was probably more work for the common person. He didn't exactly campaign that he was available. And, he's got a solid and legit resume. At the very least, and to be fair, it HAS to be better than what we've had the last decade.

G, people would gripe no matter who we hired!

Reactions: G2

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All that time he had off and nobody really wanted him until we hired him. That says something. People just don’t want to hear it.

And there’s no guarantee at all that he has to be better. It could easily be a similar or worse situation next year.