This could get ugly

MikeB80

Reaction score
Jerry is basically backtracking on the negativity he expressed after the game, just like he always does this morning on the fan.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys really could use a top 15 draft pick next year. If Garrett gets the hook and the Cowboys get a pick in the top 15, maybe there is hope for the future.

leeblair

Reaction score
The human factor can't be ignored, and undoubtedly the reality that this season is headed down the tube has to be setting in on the entire Cowboys organization.
Twelve years of Garrett's incompetence; twelve years of hype. Twelve years of waiting for next year and twelve years of watching star players careers wasted , and this one is heading in the same direction.
I think Jerry knows this is the end and I think Jason does, too.
And the team probably knows, too.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
The 7-1 saints lost to the 1-7 falcons. **** happens
And that excuse is suppose to make me feel better???? I take it your Kool-aid container has to be filled on a weekly basis with this team and how much of it you have to drink to believe in this team. You are right ****happens for sure.

Flamma

Reaction score
Lets face it, any chance at a championship or a deep run in the playoffs is going to have to wait until next year. This Cowboys team just isn't playing at that level. They're not going to make a complete turn around starting in week 11. This is a 7-9 to 9-7 team and are playing like one. Maybe a new coach next season with an entirely new system will bring out the best in these players. I look forward to seeing this team play at a high intensity level again.

madcow74

Reaction score
And that excuse is suppose to make me feel better???? I take it your Kool-aid container has to be filled on a weekly basis with this team and how much of it you have to drink to believe in this team. You are right ****happens for sure.

Haha I wouldnt give you a sip of my koolaide to make you feel better. I simply stated a fact trying to put your whiney doomsday post in perspective.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry Jones: “It’s disappointing. Disappointing. We’ll have to pay for this one. Hopefully it won’t be terminal.”
That was what he said, I guess he thinks this was one they needed to win to make playoffs lol.
it was a conference loss, but that only matters if tied with phil at end, and then only if phil wins 2nd meeting.
So I dont get why jerry said terminal.
All the cowboys have to do is stay even with phil and beat them in 2nd game, that is all.
They can even be 1 game behind, then beat phil 2nd time , then beat wash in final and they have the div.

The only issue is dallas has the tougher schedule from here on to end of season.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Seriously, how is Garrett going to fix this??

The same monotone crap he has been dishing out for a decade? None of it it means anything and the players are realizing the problem.

But...in typical Garrett fashion he will pull some kind of miracle out of his behind to last another while.

And the mediocrity circle continues....

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
For the owner/GM to say he "hopes it's not terminal," it actually sounds like Jerry is publicly appealing to the players, coaches and the staff, in general, to turn things around. It also seems to carry an implication that he's seemingly powerless to change things without reform by others. Anytime there's a lack of assuming accountability by the owner/GM, himself, it's no small wonder that this organization and its team is in trouble. It was bound to happen.

Such problems have a way of starting at the top and permeating throughout the rest of the organization, as well. If the foundation is faulty, any structure is destined to crumble. Jerry is responsible for hiring those whom he's now fearing he might have to terminate. He's as much to blame as those who are at the rest of this team's problems. Here's hoping Jerry is willing to admit his own mistakes and do what must be done to resolve the failings that he's been so much an active part of. After all is said and done, he's responsible for hiring and retaining them for far too long. Now, the time is coming to deal with it.

Last edited:

Proximo

Reaction score
Guys, are you forgetting that Garrett survived a three game losing streak in 2017 where we were outscored by a margin of 92 to 22.
Literally blown out each game.

27-7
37-9
28-6

It’s a distant memory now.

All of these threads/posts the last few days are really just posters fantasizing and hoping that “this is the end” and that Jerry is going to “clean house”. The same stuff you guys were saying in 2017.

Let’s be realistic. Garrett isn’t getting fired this season.

He didn’t lose the locker during that 2017 streak, and it’s doubtful he loses them now over a 4 point loss to a playoff caliber Vikings team, while we’re still in 1st place in our division.

Gaede

Reaction score
Guys, are you forgetting that Garrett survived a three game losing streak in 2017 where we were outscored by a margin of 92 to 22.
Literally blown out each game.

27-7
37-9
28-6

It’s a distant memory now.

All of these threads/posts the last few days are really just posters fantasizing and hoping that “this is the end” and that Jerry is going to “clean house”. The same stuff you guys were saying in 2017.

Let’s be realistic. Garrett isn’t getting fired this season.

He didn’t lose the locker during that 2017 streak, and it’s doubtful he loses them now over a 4 point loss to a playoff caliber Vikings team, while we’re still in 1st place in our division.

This is exactly right.

Jerry doesn't have to fire anyone. And why would he? Jg has looked far worse in the past

Garrett is gone after the year is over, unless he manages some miraculous run to the SB, and Jerry is more than happy to ride the contract out. This way he can say they didn't fire JG but rather just wanted a fresh face. Jerry is loyal to his guys and will not drag Garretts reputation

Last edited:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
The human factor can't be ignored, and undoubtedly the reality that this season is headed down the tube has to be setting in on the entire Cowboys organization.

The Vikings fan is still here talking smack?

giphy.gif

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan