This could get ugly

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerry Jones said "I hope it's not terminal" when asked about the effect of Sunday's disappointment.
Obviously the Cowboys morale is really low. If Jason Garrett senses the end coming, the wheels could come off at any time.
I think Garrett sees the 'handwriting on the wall'.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jerry-jones-hopes-loss-to-vikings-isnt-terminal/ar-BBWAPRv
A loss to Detroit will likely be the end of Garrett.
not sure if garrett loses the next 3 games if he will get fired. when jerry let wade go after a horrible 1-7 start, he already had his next head coach in the waiting, as he had planned it from the beginning. this time he doesn't have a head coach in the waiting....Moore is 100% not ready. Richard can go for all I care, so he will ride this out, and hire a new staff in the off season. remember, garrett is in the last year of his contract.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Losing to Jeff Driskell on Sunday might be enough to push Jerry over the edge. We can only hope

Carson

Reaction score
You remember all those 8-8 seasons when this clown was our head coach in a winner take all game! Well this season is shaping up that way, the last game of the season is against the hated Eagles..I don't expect this clown coaching our team to get this team ready to play in such hostile environment with the stakes really high..He sucks and he chokes.

You’re wrong.

In Garrett fashion, we’re a game back of Philly. Beat them week 16 and own the tiebreaker. All we have to do is beat little old Washington to win the East. THATS where he will lay the stinker

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones said "I hope it's not terminal" when asked about the effect of Sunday's disappointment.
Obviously the Cowboys morale is really low. If Jason Garrett senses the end coming, the wheels could come off at any time.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jerry-jones-hopes-loss-to-vikings-isnt-terminal/ar-BBWAPRv

I can't see any way Jerry fires Garrett during this season.

But when it's over? So is the Jason Garrett era.

Finally.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are 6 teams with the same record as the Cowboys, and a whole lot more with one more win or loss. Is our belief that every team in that range is about to fall to pieces, or do we just like to imagine that's unique to the Cowboys?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
There are 6 teams with the same record as the Cowboys, and a whole lot more with one more win or loss. Is our belief that every team in that range is about to fall to pieces, or do we just like to imagine that's unique to the Cowboys?

No. Steelers are consistent and their defense is coming together with the addition of Minkah Fitzpatrick. Panthers have been on a role with Allen and lost a nail biter with the Packers in Lambeau. Philly, I don't even know, they're almost in the same situation we are except with an easier upcoming schedule. Raiders look good, but not great. Better than Dallas that's for sure. Colts will be fine when Brissett comes back. They've played well with him. I'm also going to count the Titans here (they are 5-5). They're a weird team that could potentially win a wildcard spot. They lose against weak teams and win against stronger ones.

Dallas is the best of the worst teams in the league.

Proximo

Reaction score
This is exactly right.

Jerry doesn't have to fire anyone. And why would he? Jg has looked far worse in the past

Garrett is gone after the year is over, unless he manages some miraculous run to the SB, and Jerry is more than happy to ride the contract out. This way he can say they didn't fire JG but rather just wanted a fresh face. Jerry is loyal to his guys and will not drag Garretts reputation

Honestly, I’m not so sure that’s the case.
It’s going to depend on how things unfold. I could see a scenario where we win 1 playoff game and Garrett survives. If we somehow make the NFC conference champ game he definitely stays.

The only ways I think Jerry definitely lets Garrett go is if we miss the playoffs altogether. Or lose in the 1st round of the playoffs, MAYBE.

We’ll know soon enough.

leeblair

Reaction score
The thing is, the Cowboys seem to find themselves in this position EVERY year.
And here they are again. They are consistently inconsistent; a trademark of Jason Garrett's incompetence.
Each year they hope and hype for greatness, but each year they fall short.
I think the reality that Garrett is incapable of leading the Cowboys out of their perennial inconsistencies is finally setting in on Jerry, Stephen, and Jason himself.
And when it sets in on the team, it's over.

rags747

Reaction score
I think Jerry is just being quite Sarcastic with that comment...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing is, the Cowboys seem to find themselves in this position EVERY year.
And here they are again. They are consistently inconsistent; a trademark of Jason Garrett's incompetence.
Each year they hope and hype for greatness, but each year they fall short.
I think the reality that Garrett is incapable of leading the Cowboys out of their perennial inconsistencies is finally setting in on Jerry, Stephen, and Jason himself.
And when it sets in on the team, it's over.
Lots of teams find themselves in this kind of position. People have to understand that because they are fans of the Cowboys, and therefore are more acutely aware of what goes on with the Cowboys, that doesn't mean similar things aren't playing out all over the NFL.

I personally agree that Garrett isn't the right guy to get them over the hump, but falling short of that is not the same as the team going to hell in a handbasket. The truth of things is rarely on the extreme edges - rarely are things ever completely falling apart or on a path to true greatness. Falling apart is what happened in 2015. This season looks nothing like that.

Big_D

Reaction score
The 7-1 saints lost to the 1-7 falcons. **** happens

That's a division game. The Cowboys lost to the Jets and then even Darnold called out the D for being simplistic. Keep your eyes closed. Everything's fine. lol