This Cowboy forum is getting crazy

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t mistake legitimate complaints with unwarranted negativity. This organization has been mediocre for 3 decades. Old time fans remember the glory years. The Dallas Cowboys were one of the best organizations in all of sports. Now they are a punchline.
Only on here, and a few hating analysts.
I don't run into anyone outside of this forum that are like they are in here.

Except I have one friend, that hates the Cowboys. Then again he now hates the Rangers, Then liked the Astros all of a sudden, because he loves Nolan Ryan for some reason and is no longer with the Rangers.
I think he used to like Dallas, until after Jimmy left. He is for sure a bandwagon jumper. But he pretty much hates on everything. Except teams that are winning.
So I disregard him.

When I travel, always come across a few Cowboys fans. None of them ever act like some on here. Even fans of other teams still give more respect.
The worse I get is ...Cowboys suck, then I have my comeback depending what team they like, then we laugh, all in fun.

In Vegas, a guy was getting on an elevator, had an Eagles shirt on. He said, .... hey Cowboys suck, now I need to close the door so you can't have a comeback..... I seen him the next night, and he bought me a beer. Talked for a few minutes, as he was with some other friends.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is possible to be a Dallas Cowboys fan in different ways.
  • Some great Cowboys fans adhere to the “never is heard a discouraging word” belief. Any criticism of players, coaches and/or FO, regardless of merit, is seen as disloyal and not appropriate of a fan.
  • Some great Cowboys fans love the team but will point out the team’s strengths and weaknesses alike and remain just as strong in their loyalty but don’t always buy the hype.
  • Some great Cowboys fans have been hurt and disappointed by this team so many times it is very difficult for them not to be critical or even fatalistic. It’s happened to them nearly 3 decades.
There are certainly more types than these three. Wherever any of us fall among these “types” of fans, I do believe strongly that what makes this forum both popular and healthy is our ability to respect each other’s choices in fandom.

In other words, we should all let people be what they choose to be here. As long as we all stay respectful and within the rules, we can have a big Cowboys fan tent. As it should be.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I saw it, it was filmed by hundreds of people, it was not a weather balloon!!! I dont care what Marcusrock says!!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Eh, I'm ok with fans injecting some positive energy into their fandom. After all, every season is a different ride.

I get it, we've beat up on some bad teams, but it sure is fun!! You can only hope that will instill confidence into the team and they will really start believing in themselves when the big bad bully (49ers) come back around.
Better to beat up on weak teams than to get beat up by them!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only on here, and a few hating analysts.
I don't run into anyone outside of this forum that are like they are in here.

Except I have one friend, that hates the Cowboys. Then again he now hates the Rangers, Then liked the Astros all of a sudden, because he loves Nolan Ryan for some reason and is no longer with the Rangers.
I think he used to like Dallas, until after Jimmy left. He is for sure a bandwagon jumper. But he pretty much hates on everything. Except teams that are winning.
So I disregard him.

When I travel, always come across a few Cowboys fans. None of them ever act like some on here. Even fans of other teams still give more respect.
The worse I get is ...Cowboys suck, then I have my comeback depending what team they like, then we laugh, all in fun.

In Vegas, a guy was getting on an elevator, had an Eagles shirt on. He said, .... hey Cowboys suck, now I need to close the door so you can't have a comeback..... I seen him the next night, and he bought me a beer. Talked for a few minutes, as he was with some other friends.
The real issue for some people is they act like if you like or dislike a player Jerry will listen and act on it when we all know that is not the case.

If everyone on this site likes a player, it will have no impact on whether the team keeps him.

If everyone on this site hates a player, it will have no impact on whether the team gets rid of him.

Just because some people disagree with you has absolutely no bearing at all beyond personal ego.

I think when you get away from the internet (not just this site), people's interactions are smaller and more personable which makes differing opinions less confrontational.

When online, people read text using their own projected emotions or expectations, so a passing comment can be intrepreted by the reader as something much worse or even completely different than the person who sent it meant.

But even if the person who sent it meant the exact way it was interpreted, what does it matter really? If everyone agreed about everything, life would get boring real fast.

Friendly debates provide a chance to learn new things, including some things that may change your opinion or some things that may reinforce it even more.

For those times that people simply do not agree, people just need to learn to accept it without taking it so personal.

kskboys

Reaction score
The real issue for some people is they act like if you like or dislike a player Jerry will listen and act on it when we all know that is not the case.

If everyone on this site likes a player, it will have no impact on whether the team keeps him.

If everyone on this site hates a player, it will have no impact on whether the team gets rid of him.

Just because some people disagree with you has absolutely no bearing at all beyond personal ego.

I think when you get away from the internet (not just this site), people's interactions are smaller and more personable which makes differing opinions less confrontational.

When online, people read text using their own projected emotions or expectations, so a passing comment can be intrepreted by the reader as something much worse or even completely different than the person who sent it meant.

But even if the person who sent it meant the exact way it was interpreted, what does it matter really? If everyone agreed about everything, life would get boring real fast.

Friendly debates provide a chance to learn new things, including some things that may change your opinion or some things that may reinforce it even more.

For those times that people simply do not agree, people just need to learn to accept it without taking it so personal.
Good stuff.

They won't. And the bigger problem than taking it personally is attacking personally.

Blitzen

Reaction score

I used to be a football coach and fought for this country. Since I no longer have those things to defend, I defend smaller things like my opinion about my favorite sports team on an Internet forum. It gives me emotional satisfaction and a sense of purpose, even if it makes no difference to opposing perspectives. I will die on my hill. Now, fall in line or find another team.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to be a football coach and fought for this country. Since I no longer have those things to defend, I defend smaller things like my opinion about my favorite sports team on an Internet forum. It gives me emotional satisfaction and a sense of purpose, even if it makes no difference to opposing perspectives. I will die on my hill. Now, fall in line or find another team.
There's nothing wrong with debating with people as it can be informative, entertaining and even therapeutic.

The problem isn't people posting positive or negative sports opinions on the Cowboys, but the obsessive need some people have to get people to agree with them to the point that if someone refuses to agree they are then considered the enemy.

This leads to an obsession and focus on harassing those people until they do something to get suspended or they get frustrated and harassed to the point of no longer posting.

The problem goes a lot further than one person says this, the other person disagrees. All too often it turns into harassing the person who dared to disagree even when they are not even talking about the same topic.

As I said earlier, if everyone agreed, it would get pretty boring. Debates make things more interesting. Some people though seem to need everyone to agree with them, which goes well beyond healthy debates.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
go-crazy.gif
Crazy isn't here yet but it's coming. :oldcouple: :flagwave:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's nothing wrong with debating with people as it can be informative, entertainment and even therapeutic.

The problem isn't people posting positive or negative sports opinions on the Cowboys, but the obsessive need some people have to get people to agree with them to the point that if someone refuses to agree they are then considered the enemy.

This leads to an obsession and focus on harassing those people until they do something to get suspended or they get frustrated and they are harassed to the point of no longer posting.

The problem goes a lot further than one person says this, the other person disagrees. All too often it turns into harassing the person who dared to disagree even when they are not even talking about the same topic.

As I said earlier, if everyone agreed, it would get pretty boring. Debates make things more interesting. Some people though seem to need everyone to agree with them, which goes well beyond healthy debates.
Some people refuse to enjoy the benefits of the "ignore" feature, possibly because they like conflict, or possibly because they feel like the person they would have ignored would still be talking smack about them, and they wouldn't know, and therefore couldn't retaliate.

Personally, I find the "ignore" feature to be a close and dear friend. I wish I had one in the real world, but alas, my eyes and ears have to see and hear even the things that irritate me.
:laugh: