This Dak Seals Fate Or Cements Future or Exposes Himself Merge

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak is built for prove-it games and moments like this.

Wouldn’t shock me one bit if he plays a great game and Dallas wins. He’s that much of a gamer.

Then the resident idiots will move the goalposts back again. “Did you see how much time he had in the pocket!?!? ANY QB could’ve done that!!!”

JeffInDC

Reaction score
All he has to do is outperform the last time Goff and Wentz played them in my opinion. If he can do that in NE (after Goff to play them in a neutral site and Wentz played them at home), that would be huge. Let’s be honest, those are the 2 guys that Dak’s contract will likely mimic (or exceed).

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, just discount all he has done the last three years, and this one game means a great deal. Each time he plays, this narrative pops up. Just another page in the Dak Chronicles.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak is built for prove-it games and moments like this.

Wouldn’t shock me one bit if he plays a great game and Dallas wins. He’s that much of a gamer.

Then the resident idiots will move the goalposts back again. “Did you see how much time he had in the pocket!?!? ANY QB could’ve done that!!!”

I hope to hell he can go through his progressions twice like last game but you know our o-line will have their hands full. Even if our o-line holds up Dak will still have to figure that good defenses looks and read and react. That in itself is a challenge for any QB facing Belichick.

I may be critical but I'm not holding him to have to put up 400 yards and 3 Tds with no turnovers. I'm looking forward to see how he performs in this big game.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
AGAIN:
Dak doesn't have to win.
He does, however, have to avoid costly mistakes and erratic throws- something that has been a trademark of his in the past when he faces a team that is a contender.
No one is saying that Dak has to win; he does have to carry himself as a pro.

Peyton Manning couldn’t do that on a consistent basis.

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
Does anyone from either side really believe that this game will make them change their mind one way or the other? If he goes out there and throws 300 + yards and 5 TD's with no picks, would that be enough, or if he goes out there and throws for only 100 yards and 3 picks would people turn on him? I don't think so.

Nav22

Reaction score
I hope to hell he can go through his progressions twice like last game but you know our o-line will have their hands full. Even if our o-line holds up Dak will still have to figure that good defenses looks and read and react. That in itself is a challenge for any QB facing Belichick.

I may be critical but I'm not holding him to have to put up 400 yards and 3 Tds with no turnovers. I'm looking forward to see how he performs in this big game.
I could see 250 yards and 2 TD in a gritty win.

He might need to pick up a few 1st downs with his legs too. Maybe a rushing TD.

Just protect the football. Brady won’t turn it over so Dak can’t either.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I do commend your boldness and confidence, but we both know there is a lot of gray area between what a good game and a bad game is that we would argue about. The truth is Dak will probably not throw three interceptions and stink and he will also not go for 450 yards and 4 TDs either. So figuring out how good the in between game of 200 yards a TD and an interception would be futile.
Maybe a lower stakes sig bet would both allow the other to be honest about the quality of the game played and increase the chance of mutual agreement.
Im all ears. I just figured Dak leading the team to a win in a stadium they havent lost in 20 straight games was enough. Didnt realize we had to quantify it.

leeblair

Reaction score
"Carry himself as a pro". Explain what that ambiguous comment means.

I like how you speak in absolutes like "Dak has to do this", "Dak has to do that", as if his value in anyway hinges upon your approval.
Dak cannot revert to the erratic throws and mental mistakes that have been prevalent in games in which he gets shook up.

shabazz

Reaction score
I could see 250 yards and 2 TD in a gritty win.

He might need to pick up a few 1st downs with his legs too. Maybe a rushing TD.

Just protect the football. Brady won’t turn it over so Dak can’t either.

And, we need to see over 100 rushing yards. If our offense cant grind it out via the rush with long sustained drives this crappy defense is gonna get taken to task. 250 for Dak and 2 td's coupled with 125 rushing yards with no turnovers may get it done.

We just cant get behind these guys and rely on the pass to catch up. If our guys are covered Id love to see Dak break their backs by converting 3rd downs with his legs too. Go Lamar Jackson on their azzes if he has to. Belichick always finds teams Achilles heal though

Nav22

Reaction score
And, we need to see over 100 rushing yards. If our offense cant grind it out via the rush with long sustained drives this crappy defense is gonna get taken to task. 250 for Dak and 2 td's coupled with 125 rushing yards with no turnovers may get it done.

We just cant get behind these guys and rely on the pass to catch up. If our guys are covered Id love to see Dak break their backs by converting 3rd downs with his legs too. Go Lamar Jackson on their azzes if he has to. Belichick always finds teams Achilles heal though
A slow start is death vs New England.

I’m not as worried about the Pats offense after what I saw yesterday. Brady looked washed. Of course, that could mean they’re due for a bounce-back game...

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Peyton Manning often struggled against Belichick's D. Heck, Belichick is practically Ben Roethlisberger's daddy. Both of those QBs are still going to the Hall of Fame.

There's a LOT of other football that's played against 31 other teams; how Dak plays against the Patriots really has no bearing on the rest of his body of work.

Heck, as other posters said, this is almost a "free hit" for him. Everyone expects NE's secondary to murder him, and rightfully so. So what's Dak got to lose? If he struggles, no big deal. If he tears it up, he have everlasting glory for beating what's basically the final boss level of the NFL. If he beats New England on Sunday, I guarantee we'll be talking about it five years from now, maybe even ten.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I do commend your boldness and confidence, but we both know there is a lot of gray area between what a good game and a bad game is that we would argue about. The truth is Dak will probably not throw three interceptions and stink and he will also not go for 450 yards and 4 TDs either. So figuring out how good the in between game of 200 yards a TD and an interception would be futile.
Maybe a lower stakes sig bet would both allow the other to be honest about the quality of the game played and increase the chance of mutual agreement.

Check out this guy ...... Running around calling people cowards yet is scared when someone calls his bluff

:muttley:

leeblair

Reaction score
If Dak chokes, he's not the guy. If he gets shook up and starts making erratic throws, he's not the guy.
If he begins to handle the ball like it's covered in butter, he's not the guy. If he panics and loses focus when the pressure is on, he's not the guy.
BUT, if Dak plays well and the Cowboys still lose, he has proven he can play at a higher level when needed.
This isn't hard.
Everyone will see if the game is over his head. Everyone will see if he is holding his own, yet the Cowboys lose.
This is Dak's best chance to show that he can play well against a marquee football team.