This draft class

rambo2

Reaction score
You could say that they got the best defensive player in the draft at pick 12.

You could say that they got a 1st round corner in the 2nd round.

You could say that they got two solid defensive linemen in the 3rd round.

You could say that they got a 2nd round linebacker in the 4th round.

You could say that they got a 2nd round offensive tackle in the 4th round.

Maybe they got a keeper 1 technique in the 6th round.

Maybe the tall defensive backs and the wr contribute. Who knows?

Anyway, the draft class has a chance to be good and they certainly improved their defense.

Carter

Reaction score
I hear you but

You could also say that

they didnt trade up atleast two or three spots for the cheap (likely a 4th) to get a difference maker Safety in Moehrig

Instead they take a corner who more likes to be a rapper than a football player with two other 2nd Round Corners and multiple good Tackles still on the board

Took two guys in the third that they could have gotten later (Gholston) or even way later or even in Free Agency (Wright)

Drafted an undersized underweight DT in the third (Osa) // I get Tyrone Crawford flashbacks watching him

Drafted a 1 Tech who cant move and generates zero pressure in the 6th

Ball was never a 2nd Round Tackle.

At the end of the day we have to see what they do on the field. We cant say its great or its ***** before we havent seen them play a full season or two.

A lot of people thought last years class was great and it looks very underwhelming so far.

J-man

Reaction score
I hear you but

You could also say that

they didnt trade up atleast two or three spots for the cheap (likely a 4th) to get a difference maker Safety in Moehrig

I still don't get why they didn't make this move. I was sitting there watching & waiting for the screen to change to to the Cowboys on the clock, but it never happened. I'd like to know if they would have taken him had he been there one more pick.

rambo2

Reaction score
I hear you but

You could also say that

Instead they take a corner who more likes to be a rapper than a football player with two other 2nd Round Corners and multiple good Tackles still on the board

Took two guys in the third that they could have gotten later (Gholston) or even way later or even in Free Agency (Wright)

Drafted an undersized underweight DT in the third (Osa) // I get Tyrone Crawford flashbacks watching him

Drafted a 1 Tech who cant move and generates zero pressure in the 6th

Ball was never a 2nd Round Tackle.

At the end of the day we have to see what they do on the field. We cant say its great or its ***** before we havent seen them play a full season or two.

A lot of people thought last years class was great and it looks very underwhelming so far.
After they took Parsons, I think the next pick wasn't going to be a corner and not Moehrig. You might be wrong about Joesph. Joesph is already the best defensive back on the team. Those third round defensive linemen look solid.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I still don't get why they didn't make this move. I was sitting there watching & waiting for the screen to change to to the Cowboys on the clock, but it never happened. I'd like to know if they would have taken him had he been there one more pick.

Stephen Jones said the Cowboys would have selected CB Kelvin Joseph over S Trevon Moehrig had the Raiders not traded in front of them in the second round. The Cowboys were determined to get a cornerback.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree. Moehrig was sitting there begging to be taken by Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Stephen Jones said the Cowboys would have selected CB Kelvin Joseph over S Trevon Moehrig had the Raiders not traded in front of them in the second round. The Cowboys were determined to get a cornerback.

Tunnel vision.

We’ll never see another quality safety.

Even when the stars align, this team finds ways to ignore them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I hear you. I wanted to trade up too

But we talk as though there was a trade there for us, but we don't know that.
The trade to Cincy was two 4ths
The trade to Carolina was a 3rd
The New York trade at 42 was out of the question after how bad Dallas and Philly screwed them in the 1st

plus, I completely believe that Dallas had Joseph rated higher than Moering anyway.
Right or wrong

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I hear you. I wanted to trade up too

But we talk as though there was a trade there for us, but we don't know that.
The trade to Cincy was two 4ths
The trade to Carolina was a 3rd
The New York trade at 42 was out of the question after how bad Dallas and Philly screwed them in the 1st
plus, I completely believe that Dallas had Joseph rated higher than Moering anyway.
Right or wrong
It will be interesting to see which CB ends up better between Joseph and Campbell, because the Cowboys were trying to go up to get Campbell.

cowboyec

Reaction score
all i know is when they were on the clock at 10...i think parsons was the best player available.
they trade back two spots...gain an extra pick in the 3rd...and still get the guy who back at 10 was the best player available.
thats good stuff right there.
Dallas will never get the credit they should for that.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the parsons...joseph...cox trio of picks is the whole key to this draft for me.
if those 3 are the players we thought they were...the rest is just icing on a very satisfying cake.
love the 3 dlinemen...like the 2 6'4 corners...have no clue about the 2 olinemen.
fehoko is a big dude with exceptional hands with really good speed...he could be a real find.
but its all about parsons,joseph and cox.
if they are who we all thought they were...this is a great draft and an infusion of talent the defense sorely needed.

cowboyec

Reaction score
rambo...i thoroughly enjoy your draft stuff.
i always learn something from you,man.
thanks for puttin' it out there.
you,timb2,cnuball,risen....thoroughly thankful for the draft insight.
:bow:

Carter

Reaction score
all i know is when they were on the clock at 10...i think parsons was the best player available.
they trade back two spots...gain an extra pick in the 3rd...and still get the guy who back at 10 was the best player available.
thats good stuff right there.
Dallas will never get the credit they should for that.

Yeah but they wasted that extra third on a guy they could have had in the 6th or even FA.

They could have used this pick much better and still get Nashon Wright

cowboyec

Reaction score
Yeah but they wasted that extra third on a guy they could have had in the 6th or even FA.

cant argue about wright.
but im gonna root like hell for him to make it.
we need him.
im just amazed at how Dallas gets knocked for taking parsons when he was clearly the best player on the board.
some of these tv guys are now trying to say LB wasnt a real need.
if we had to play a game thurs night on draft night...our LBs are jaylon,lve,keanu neal,francis bernard and luke gifford.
neal is a converted s.
gifford is always hurt.
it was clearly a need.
but...it pays 6 figures to be intellectually dishonest.

cowboyec

Reaction score

i'll add this.
if he hits...it wasnt wasted.

Carter

Reaction score
i'll add this.
if he hits...it wasnt wasted.

Chance is he wont. I just dont see what he has to offer. Hes smallish, slow and i dont see anything special besides him being 6'4.

Id love to eat crow and see the next Sherman but i dont see it any even if it does we could have gotten this guy + a very good player in the third.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see which CB ends up better between Joseph and Campbell, because the Cowboys were trying to go up to get Campbell.
Their interest in Campbell had to be because he is the safer pick. Joseph is way more talented and plays the ball which is Campbell's biggest weakness. It really should just come down to if Joseph wants to play football more than anything.

cheyennes

Reaction score
My problem is with the thirth round .
Parson great pick, and put pressure
Joseph big need and good player with talent
We dont draft a Real FS, Deablo Wiggins ,
Small dt, we can get Marshall or Dixon Mobile strong DT and a big CB, liked Gohlston to early bit he can contribute.
Cox great pick
If you want a project , a late round pick, ok

rambo2

Reaction score
rambo...i thoroughly enjoy your draft stuff.
i always learn something from you,man.
thanks for puttin' it out there.
you,timb2,cnuball,risen....thoroughly thankful for the draft insight.
:bow:
Thank you. I have spent many hours and days studying the draft. I respect a long line of people that I get information from.

rambo2

Reaction score
My problem is with the thirth round .
Parson great pick, and put pressure
Joseph big need and good player with talent
We dont draft a Real FS, Deablo Wiggins ,
Small dt, we can get Marshall or Dixon Mobile strong DT and a big CB, liked Gohlston to early bit he can contribute.
Cox great pick
If you want a project , a late round pick, ok
I would encourage you to get on youtube and study the players. Check out the dlineman and the defensive backs. Voch Lombardi has a good breakdown on the UCLA defensive tackle that went up last night.