This draft class

cheyennes

Reaction score
I would encourage you to get on youtube and study the players. Check out the dlineman and the defensive backs. Voch Lombardi has a good breakdown on the UCLA defensive tackle that went up last night.

I did, sorry man, its my opinión, dont like small dt vs bigs OL

stilltheguru

Reaction score
After they took Parsons, I think the next pick wasn't going to be a corner and not Moehrig. You might be wrong about Joesph. Joesph is already the best defensive back on the team. Those third round defensive linemen look solid.
No

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
10 top DT talent? Or 5.
I hope he will be a Home run pick, really, but i dont think so.
Glover was a late 5th round pick. Randle was an undrafted free agent, and Geno Atkins was a 4th round pick.

They weren’t blue chip guys coming out of college, so you can call them top 10 talent but they most assuredly were not when they were picked.

My point is that their size didn’t limit what they did with their teams. You said you don’t like undersized DT’s so I just gave some examples of guys that were very good at about the same size as Odighizuwa.

Quinn said Owa is going to play the 3T DT spot, which is the same position as those other guys. 280 pounds is plenty adequate at 3T as long as you have the movement skills. Owa does and in addition to that, he has freakishly long arms.

My point is that he is about the right size for a quick 3T in this defense. Luckily, he is also very stout against the run, plays with great leverage and is very strong. He’s a very good prospect for Quinn’s 3T.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Im excited for Osa and think he'll [at minimum] match Gallimore.
Golston is a high floor big effort guy. Motor is more important then half effort big talent

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Their interest in Campbell had to be because he is the safer pick. Joseph is way more talented and plays the ball which is Campbell's biggest weakness. It really should just come down to if Joseph wants to play football more than anything.

And also because Quinn prefers taller corners.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
the parsons...joseph...cox trio of picks is the whole key to this draft for me.
if those 3 are the players we thought they were...the rest is just icing on a very satisfying cake.
love the 3 dlinemen...like the 2 6'4 corners...have no clue about the 2 olinemen.
fehoko is a big dude with exceptional hands with really good speed...he could be a real find.
but its all about parsons,joseph and cox.
if they are who we all thought they were...this is a great draft and an infusion of talent the defense sorely needed.
I think Bohanna from Kentucky at NT will be a factor too for how good this draft is graded a few years from now.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 3-4 years, I can see people saying this was one of the best drafts we ever had, and on the other hand I can see people saying this was one of the worst drafts we ever had with multiple missed opportunities. Only time will tell. I thing it will fall somewhere in between.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Yeah it's always fun when it's yet to be decided.
This class could be good. I think the Defense in general next year
is gonna be pissed off. They are sick of everyone saying how bad they
are. It will definitely be an improvement from last year.

Creeper

Reaction score
The most important thing about this draft is Dallas got faster on defense. Joseph ran a sub 4.3 40, Parsons flies for a big LB and Cox is pretty fast too. They needed an influx of speed on defense. Parsons and Cox should be able to cut off those outside runs when Jaylon and LVE were a step or two too late. The same is true for Neal. I think we are a little faster as safety too. The NFL is so much about speed now.

The next upgrade should be speed at RB.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
A lot of people thought last years class was great and it looks very underwhelming so far.
Feel like this here is the issue. Dallas got a potential star and three other starters. That's much better than most teams. They're not underwhelming. People are either ignorant or bitter

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I hear you but

You could also say that

they didnt trade up atleast two or three spots for the cheap (likely a 4th) to get a difference maker Safety in Moehrig

Instead they take a corner who more likes to be a rapper than a football player with two other 2nd Round Corners and multiple good Tackles still on the board

Took two guys in the third that they could have gotten later (Gholston) or even way later or even in Free Agency (Wright)

Drafted an undersized underweight DT in the third (Osa) // I get Tyrone Crawford flashbacks watching him

Drafted a 1 Tech who cant move and generates zero pressure in the 6th

Ball was never a 2nd Round Tackle.

At the end of the day we have to see what they do on the field. We cant say its great or its ***** before we havent seen them play a full season or two.

A lot of people thought last years class was great and it looks very underwhelming so far.
Because there's no such thing as a difference making safety, unless they also play corner.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I guess you could say we'll also known in about three years about this draft.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You could say that they got the best defensive player in the draft at pick 12.

You could say that they got a 1st round corner in the 2nd round.

You could say that they got two solid defensive linemen in the 3rd round.

You could say that they got a 2nd round linebacker in the 4th round.

You could say that they got a 2nd round offensive tackle in the 4th round.

Maybe they got a keeper 1 technique in the 6th round.

Maybe the tall defensive backs and the wr contribute. Who knows?

Anyway, the draft class has a chance to be good and they certainly improved their defense.

Could have been a lot better if not for the 3rd round.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After they took Parsons, I think the next pick wasn't going to be a corner and not Moehrig. You might be wrong about Joesph. Joesph is already the best defensive back on the team. Those third round defensive linemen look solid.

"solid"? What is that supposed to mean? Both guys were rated at least one round later if not more. Heck, Goldston you cant even find on any DE lists. Osi was the booby prize after McNeil and Milton went right in front of us.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
the parsons...joseph...cox trio of picks is the whole key to this draft for me.
if those 3 are the players we thought they were...the rest is just icing on a very satisfying cake.
love the 3 dlinemen...like the 2 6'4 corners...have no clue about the 2 olinemen.
fehoko is a big dude with exceptional hands with really good speed...he could be a real find.
but its all about parsons,joseph and cox.
if they are who we all thought they were...this is a great draft and an infusion of talent the defense sorely needed.

Yah, those guys are good picks. But they blew the 3rd round. This could have been an all time defense altering masterpiece and they blew it.