CFZ This Game is Prescott vs Purdy and don't forget that!

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
If Dak comes out and plays really well, like one of his best games, I think we come out of there with a WIN. I think Purdy is going to play well because most of his passes are short to the backs and receivers. We need to tackle well and Vander Esch is really going to be tested of course but I still think it comes down to how well the QB's play. It would be sweet to get to Purdy and force a pick or two which would cause the Niners to play from behind. They said Dak's rating is top of the league when he has the lead and bottom of the barrel when playing from behind. Anyway I just wanted to share my thoughts but I want to mention one more thing. How can we expect Dak to play really well without Tyron Smith and possibly Zach Martin? This is the part that makes me worried and sick.

I've been a fan for 47 years and really can't stand the Niners since the 90's. I was there in Dallas in the 90's when both teams met in the endzone before the game and started pushing each other around. My 27 year old son is more die hard than I am and has this guy he works with is wanting to bet him $500 and give him 10 points! I told him not to do it because I don't trust Dak and Martin and Smith are banged up and thats not counting Micah and Dowdle. Sorry for the long post but I'm praying for a win but my gut says otherwise.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The 49-ers are going to do what they did the last two times. Stop the run and force Dak to make the throws. They will unleash their pass rush and hope that they can rattle Prescott enough to make a mistake. Also without the defense scoring for Dallas it's going to be a very low scoring affair but the 49-ers have a better offense - from RB to TE. Then toss Deebo onto that pile with Shannahan calling the plays.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
The 49-ers are going to do what they did the last two times. Stop the run and force Dak to make the throws. They will unleash their pass rush and hope that they can rattle Prescott enough to make a mistake. Also without the defense scoring for Dallas it's going to be a very low scoring affair but the 49-ers have a better offense - from RB to TE. Then toss Deebo onto that pile with Shannahan calling the plays.
The Niners are ranked high across the board except for their pass defense. If Dak can just have a little time we can keep it close..maybe win....

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
10 points for 500? I'd take that bet all day.
I told him not to do it because if we lose its just going to make things that much worse. If they lose by 10 that is. My son bleeds silver and blue and takes losses to heart. That playoff loss liked to drove him crazy....

CWR

Reaction score
I told him not to do it because if we lose its just going to make things that much worse. If they lose by 10 that is. My son bleeds silver and blue and takes losses to heart. That playoff loss liked to drove him crazy....

As a general rule I avoid betting with my heart.

That said, some one needs to put his coworker in his place. Spotting 10 points is disrespectful as hell. He'd have no problem goating me into that bet.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Dak comes out and plays really well, like one of his best games, I think we come out of there with a WIN. I think Purdy is going to play well because most of his passes are short to the backs and receivers. We need to tackle well and Vander Esch is really going to be tested of course but I still think it comes down to how well the QB's play. It would be sweet to get to Purdy and force a pick or two which would cause the Niners to play from behind. They said Dak's rating is top of the league when he has the lead and bottom of the barrel when playing from behind. Anyway I just wanted to share my thoughts but I want to mention one more thing. How can we expect Dak to play really well without Tyron Smith and possibly Zach Martin? This is the part that makes me worried and sick.

I've been a fan for 47 years and really can't stand the Niners since the 90's. I was there in Dallas in the 90's when both teams met in the endzone before the game and started pushing each other around. My 27 year old son is more die hard than I am and has this guy he works with is wanting to bet him $500 and give him 10 points! I told him not to do it because I don't trust Dak and Martin and Smith are banged up and thats not counting Micah and Dowdle. Sorry for the long post but I'm praying for a win but my gut says otherwise.
Josh Dobbs 28-41 2 TD's for 261 Yards
Brock Purdy 20-21 283 1 TD

Cardinals took the L

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
As a general rule I avoid betting with my heart.

That said, some one needs to put his coworker in his place. Spotting 10 points is disrespectful as hell. He'd have no problem goating me into that bet.
Well, my son has betted this guy before and lost...more than once. He's the only cowboys fan where he works and he works with alot of people. They give him hell about Dallas but he know how to handle them. He is dying to take his money but I told him not to do it. Maybe he can talk him into a smaller wager......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Ok betting wise if someone gives you 10 points when the spread is 3.5.....you take that bet. Even if you lose you just chalk it up as stuff happens. But yeah 10 points is a lot for two teams considered to be contenders. As bad as the Cowboys played last time they met they didn't even lose by 10 points.

Big D

Reaction score
Like last time this will be a defensive game all we'll need to do is to not do anything stupid on offense. Kellen is gone so I like our chances.

Cowboys 28
49ers 24

Xeven

Reaction score
Dallas has a top Defense and competent offense this year but unless the offense improves I do not see deep playoffs in the picture. Against teams like SF and PHL they will likely be competitive due to Dallas defense but I think they will lose against them due to low scoring by Dallas offense. Hope I am wrong.

Dallas in 2023 is strong but not Super Bowl caliber. Only way I see for Dallas to improve is for Dak to become much more mobile, similar to Mahomes. He has to make things happen with his legs when plays go bad, he does not even need to be able to throw across the field, just get 5 yards running every time the sack was alternative. Less sacks or throw away and Dak can make the difference. No one believes he is going to hold the ball and run on option plays so why even run them? Either don’t run them or he needs to actually run some of those.

If he could do that even a little, they may can win some of the tough games.

I am hoping I am wrong and they do better than I predict.