This game made me appreciate Tony Romo more

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
Even in the years where the rest of our team was pretty bad, and we had to play an opponent that was obviously better than us, I always felt optimistic about our chances as long as #9 was playing for us. Romo could really carry the team... He was one of the elite QB's that could really impose his will on a defense.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
You're overlooking whether or not Romo wanted to keep playing football after the pain he endured the last few years. It's not like the Cowboys were his only option, yet he's moved on to his next career.

True, but in my opinion, had he gotten his job back last season, then he would still be here. Or maybe he would have still retired, but with a ring.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Dak inherited Romo's talented skill people on offense, but unfortunately also his defense.

And therein lies the problem. This game reminded me of how Denver dominated Patriots, not necessarily score, but just sheer pressure applied constantly and disruption of the things a team excels at.

WhizKid

Reaction score
Dak is already ahead of Romo at this point in their careers, considering Romo hadn't even taken a regular season snap yet. Romo developed over time - years, in fact. How about we give Dak some time, too?

I mean, he should be ahead of Romo at this part of his career. Dak was a 4th round pick, Romo was undrafted.

sean10mm

Reaction score
True, but in my opinion, had he gotten his job back last season, then he would still be here. Or maybe he would have still retired, but with a ring.

Romo's ability to survive on an NFL playing field could be measured with a stopwatch instead of a calendar by that point. I think Romo was massively under-rated by Cowboys fans but his body was done by 2016. People just need to accept this.

Gameover

Reaction score
The Broncos knew they had to stop the run, which they did, but I didn’t see any extra help in the box to do so. Maybe the film will show different, but it appeared that the Broncos front seven physically took it to this Cowboys offensive line, which doesn’t happen often

For the Romo would eat 8 guys in a box crowd

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Von Miller would have broken Romo in half. Especially late when Collins was getting beat on every play.

This thread and debate is ridiculous. Denver is a much better team. Unfortunately the entire world will start up the Dak is over rated chant.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This game made me appreciate Tony Romo more just listening to him broadcast. Damn good!!!!

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Fellow rival buddy of mine asked me, when we scored that second TD, think you could comeback? I wanted to say yes if Romo was out there but with our offense being different with Dak and we had no run game I just shrugged my shoulders. If we can't run this offense won't have much success.

I love Dak but don't yet have that same "come from behind" confidence that we had with Roger or Tony. Maybe Dak will develop that trait as he gains more experience.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I get the ode to Romo.

But he has only come back from down 21 once. And it was 2014 against a Rams team that would finish 6-10.

Otherwise he never came back from more than 14, which Dak has already done as well.

This game was reminiscent of wk 2 @Seattle 2012.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
How much of a factor was Romo to Dak's success last year? Romo is very intelligent and was more of a coach than our coaches when he was here, regardless of what you think of his performance on the field. We should have kept him in a coaching capacity. Granted the player still has to play, but Dak looks lost so far compared to last year.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Von Miller would have broken Romo in half. Especially late when Collins was getting beat on every play.

This thread and debate is ridiculous. Denver is a much better team. Unfortunately the entire world will start up the Dak is over rated chant.

Comes with the territory of being QB of the biggest franchise in all sports.

Romo recognized that quick as I'm sure Dak is finding out.

Unless and until you get a ring a significant portion of the Cowboys fan base will hate on ya no matter how good of a QB you are.

My own take is this is a "prove it" season for Dak - teams will adjust to him and watch how he responds.

Denver can wind up being an aberration or a pattern, too soon to tell. My own view is Dak is a good young QB who has the intangibles and just needs to improve on accuracy and a few other tweaks as he goes along.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Even in the years where the rest of our team was pretty bad, and we had to play an opponent that was obviously better than us, I always felt optimistic about our chances as long as #9 was playing for us. Romo could really carry the team... He was one of the elite QB's that could really impose his will on a defense.

Maybe Dak will become one as well? He's early in his second season. At that point in his career, Romo was 3rd on the depth chart.