This game was like a Romo flash back

pansophy

Reaction score
He looked like Romo today. That was textbook Romo.
Which simply means that Dak had to try to make up for a crappy performance by many players on the offense and defense, and push harder than he should. Dak still almost made a game of it in the end like Romo would do. People can complain about it they want, but I think we should be happy that we have had QBs that are able to make it even possible to think about winning these type of games when the rest of the team turns in a garbage performance.

Dak had a few throws that were behind the WRs tonight, but they certainly didn't do Dak any favors. Still the highest rate of drops? Multi-turnover game again and the defense doesn't get any. It's really not a good formula.

NO figured out that they didn't have the talent to match up with us man-to-man and played a ton of zone defense. Green Bay did the same thing and we haven't figured it out yet. That's basically what is happening here. Defense not being able to stop Rodgers early meant we had to start passing all the time and it was just a formula for disaster, which it was.

khiladi

Reaction score
I can go back and look at his rosters but the Cabo year stands out. We had a pro bowl roster that season.

Im a Romo fan, so dont get me wrong. He often played with a crap defense or no running game. He did have weapons though and there were several years we had good teams as well. Romo just couldn't get us over the top.

In the earlier years he tried to do too much because he had to. In the later years he couldn't stay healthy. The timing just wasnt right.

I won't however disparage Dak by comparing his wealth of talent to Romos lack of skill players. Romo had TO, MB3, Demarco, prime Dez and prime Witten. He had weapons.

That roster was the same roster that had Parcells look like he was about to have a heart attack the year prior. There was hardly any difference and it’s another myth.

That ‘pro bowl’ was largely influenced by fan votes.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Romo had Garrett as his playcaller most of his career

The pass-happy-ignore the run game, Garrett

Yall would be *****ing about Garrett every week if he were Dak’s play-caller.

Garrett made Linehan look like Bill Walsh

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Which simply means that Dak had to try to make up for a crappy performance by many players on the offense and defense, and push harder than he should. Dak still almost made a game of it in the end like Romo would do. People can complain about it they want, but I think we should be happy that we have had QBs that are able to make it even possible to think about winning these type of games when the rest of the team turns in a garbage performance.

Dak had a few throws that were behind the WRs tonight, but they certainly didn't do Dak any favors. Still the highest rate of drops? Multi-turnover game again and the defense doesn't get any. It's really not a good formula.

NO figured out that they didn't have the talent to match up with us man-to-man and played a ton of zone defense. Green Bay did the same thing and we haven't figured it out yet. That's basically what is happening here. Defense not being able to stop Rodgers early meant we had to start passing all the time and it was just a formula for disaster, which it was.

At the end of the day like Romo, Dak's career is being wasted with Garrett and Jerry.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Wow, you actually got something correct!!! Well done.

Big_D

Reaction score

The most unclutch running game in the history of this team under Garrett. Complete bottom feeders. On top of the ridiculous drafts, the Williams trade, etc etc this clown had zero clue how to manage a football game or the game clock. Yet he’s still here and some still blame the QB? That mystery continues!!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I do remember Romo getting a ton of praise for the 5 INT game against the Bills. They came back and won but Romo was the reason they were losing in the first place.
5 INTs and a fumble.

And the "comeback drive" was overrated in my opinion.
They started at the 50 and he dumped a couple off.
Follk was the hero. Twice.

CWR

Reaction score
That roster was the same roster that had Parcells look like he was about to have a heart attack the year prior. There was hardly any difference and it’s another myth.

That ‘pro bowl’ was largely influenced by fan votes.

Romo
TO
DWare
Witten (no explanation needed for these four)

Newman was a young thundercat at the time.

Greg Ellis had 12 sacks (maybe not probowl worthy but it was a damn good year for Ellis)

Roy Williams in his prime before the game changed was a head hunting machine.

Flozell was a franchise tackle for a stint
Leonard Davis and Guerode both had good years. Davis was a monster of a man and the move to Dallas suited him.

Ken Hamlin actually manage 5 picks that year.

MB3 was one of the most physically violent runners Ive ever seen. Dude was a pure joy to watch.

Anyhow those probowls were earned for the most part.

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo
TO
DWare
Witten (no explanation needed for these four)

Newman was a young thundercat at the time.

Greg Ellis had 12 sacks (maybe not probowl worthy but it was a damn good year for Ellis)

Roy Williams in his prime before the game changed was a head hunting machine.

Flozell was a franchise tackle for a stint
Leonard Davis and Guerode both had good years. Davis was a monster of a man and the move to Dallas suited him.

Ken Hamlin actually manage 5 picks that year.

MB3 was one of the most physically violent runners Ive ever seen. Dude was a pure joy to watch.

Anyhow those probowls were earned for the most part.

You don’t seem to understand the point:

Newman, TO, Ware, Gurode, Williams, Barber were all there when Parcells almost had a heart attack on the sidelines.

thr only guys you mentioned were Hamlin and Davis, both journeymen busts and average careers.

Romo is the only true significant change in starting roster...

There was almost no turnover between Parcells and the next 13-3 season under Wade.. roster was essentially the same..

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I can go back and look at his rosters but the Cabo year stands out. We had a pro bowl roster that season.

Im a Romo fan, so dont get me wrong. He often played with a crap defense or no running game. He did have weapons though and there were several years we had good teams as well. Romo just couldn't get us over the top.

In the earlier years he tried to do too much because he had to. In the later years he couldn't stay healthy. The timing just wasnt right.

I won't however disparage Dak by comparing his wealth of talent to Romos lack of skill players. Romo had TO, MB3, Demarco, prime Dez and prime Witten. He had weapons.

It seems like you responded, but you didn't actually read.

The cabo year as you suggest is 2007, which i mentioned.

What you should also realize about 2007 is that Romo made the team look better than they were, just as he did in 2006 when he replaced Bledsoe, and all of a sudden the team started winning games and looking good. Romo's #2 wide receiver in 2007 was Patrick Crayton. Marion Barber was a good running back, particularly in the redzone, but he was not a chain mover. The offensive line was decent at run blocking, but they were terrible at pass blocking. While the offense was ranked 2nd in points, largely on the strength of Romo's play, the defense was ranked 13th... middle of the pack. We beat the Giants twice in the regular seaosn, but we fell to them in the playoffs by 4 in a game where Crayton, again #2 WR infamously quit on a route that would have been a touchdown.

But please feel free to revise history to blame romo...

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
It did feel like deja vu. Big game and the team always came out flat. Just glad it wasn’t the 44-6 game.

I think it’s time for a new HC.

Yeah the team was just not ready mentally for the game. Considering how Awuzie's tackle had such an emotional impact on the team, you cannot say the coaches did anything to get them ready. Just like in the past 10 years.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
It did feel like deja vu. Big game and the team always came out flat. Just glad it wasn’t the 44-6 game.

I think it’s time for a new HC.
It’s way past time for a new GM, but it won’t happen.

CWR

Reaction score
It seems like you responded, but you didn't actually read.

The cabo year as you suggest is 2007, which i mentioned.

What you should also realize about 2007 is that Romo made the team look better than they were, just as he did in 2006 when he replaced Bledsoe, and all of a sudden the team started winning games and looking good. Romo's #2 wide receiver in 2007 was Patrick Crayton. Marion Barber was a good running back, particularly in the redzone, but he was not a chain mover. The offensive line was decent at run blocking, but they were terrible at pass blocking. While the offense was ranked 2nd in points, largely on the strength of Romo's play, the defense was ranked 13th... middle of the pack. We beat the Giants twice in the regular seaosn, but we fell to them in the playoffs by 4 in a game where Crayton, again #2 WR infamously quit on a route that would have been a touchdown.

But please feel free to revise history to blame romo...

Wow, some Romo supporters take things real personal. He had a really good team around him period. I never bashed Romo and was always a supporter as well, but I can look back and admit he couldn't get us over the top. His playoff numbers are garbage.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Wow, some Romo supporters take things real personal. He had a really good team around him period. I never bashed Romo and was always a supporter as well, but I can look back and admit he couldn't get us over the top. His playoff numbers are garbage.
There is typically a defense for Romo in all the season ending losses. In 2007, it's Crayton and defense. However, the fact we couldn't exploit the banded up Giants secondary, Romo taking some bad sacks, and Romo missing a wide open Terrell Owens in the red zone forcing us to kick a field goal are never brought up. However, if Dak played the exact same game, they would be. It's just the double standard that will never change. Not really worth the argument.

Galian Beast

Reaction score

Looks like you weren't all there in the time. Context matters a lot. I believe Romo has the highest career QB rating in games lost. His teams were trash.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
His playoff numbers are excellent and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It’s time for you to crawl back under your rock until Dak plays a garbage team again and it’s safe to come out.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
There is typically a defense for Romo in all the season ending losses. In 2007, it's Crayton and defense. However, the fact we couldn't exploit the banded up Giants secondary, Romo taking some bad sacks, and Romo missing a wide open Terrell Owens in the red zone forcing us to kick a field goal are never brought up. However, if Dak played the exact same game, they would be. It's just the double standard that will never change. Not really worth the argument.

The giants had a bad secondary, but they had a hall of fame caliber defensive line, combined with our bad pass blocking offensive line isn't a great mix, but please continue to revise history.