This game was like a Romo flash back

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The giants had a bad secondary, but they had a hall of fame caliber defensive line, combined with our bad pass blocking offensive line isn't a great mix, but please continue to revise history.
There is no revising history. Multiple things can occur at the same time. Romo AND Crayton AND the defense can ALL be a reason why the team lost in 2007. Ignoring part of what occurred is actually revising history.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
His playoff numbers are excellent and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It’s time for you to crawl back under your rock until Dak plays a garbage team again and it’s safe to come out.

Yeah, Romo had 8 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in the playoffs over 6 games and at least 1 of those picks was a last ditch effort at the end of the game. He has a 93 QB rating in the playoffs. He averaged 7.11 yards per attempt in the playoffs.

He's only really had 1 bad playoff game, and if anyone remembers, his offensive line was a turn style, particularly Marc Columbo who shouldn't have been playing.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
There is no revising history. Multiple things can occur at the same time. Romo AND Crayton AND the defense can ALL be a reason why the team lost in 2007. Ignoring part of what occurred is actually revising history.

Jerry Jones historically refused to invest in offensive linemen. He would instead bring in these retreads and refuse to pay the best linemen. Romo's struggled to stay healthy as a result and the offense wasn't consistent. The second they started to invest properly in linemen, we flourished on offense.

Just look at when we signed rivera instead of Mike Wahle. Same with Leonard Davis. They wanted to sign aging veterans and draft players in the 3rd or 4th round. Look at our draft picks in the mid 2000s.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Jerry Jones historically refused to invest in offensive linemen. He would instead bring in these retreads and refuse to pay the best linemen. Romo's struggled to stay healthy as a result and the offense wasn't consistent. The second they started to invest properly in linemen, we flourished on offense.

Just look at when we signed rivera instead of Mike Wahle. Same with Leonard Davis. They wanted to sign aging veterans and draft players in the 3rd or 4th round. Look at our draft picks in the mid 2000s.
You're correct. That still doesn't change what actually occurred in the 2007 playoff loss that ended that particular season.

CWR

Reaction score
His playoff numbers are excellent and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It’s time for you to crawl back under your rock until Dak plays a garbage team again and it’s safe to come out.

I actually liked Romo and I like Dak. I do this wierd thing that some fans do, and support my team and quarterback.

Yall keep wanting to paint me into being a Romo basher because I support Dak as well. Sorry but Im not a Romo basher.

Because I remember him not coming through in the playoffs doesn't mean I try to prop up Dak by belittling Romo.

Romo wasn't great in most of our playoff games. I think his numbers were propped up a lot by his 2014 play off games. Before those games he looked pedestrian.

I dont have a problem being honest about both quarterbacks. I think Romo had chances and never capitalized. I wish it were different but it is what it is.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I actually liked Romo and I like Dak. I do this wierd thing that some fans do, and support my team and quarterback.

Yall keep wanting to paint me into being a Romo basher because I support Dak as well. Sorry but Im not a Romo basher.

Because I remember him not coming through in the playoffs doesn't mean I try to prop up Dak by belittling Romo.

Romo wasn't great in most of our playoff games. I think his numbers were propped up a lot by his 2014 play off games. Before those games he looked pedestrian.

I dont have a problem being honest about both quarterbacks. I think Romo had chances and never capitalized. I wish it were different but it is what it is.
When you take the wrong meds, you misremember. Romo was excellent in the playoffs. You don’t get to make up your own reality and then lie about it. The numbers and game logs are freely available on the Internet. Stop lying and get back under your rock. The Jets are on the schedule and you should be free to come out and spout more drivel starting next Monday.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You don’t seem to understand the point:

Newman, TO, Ware, Gurode, Williams, Barber were all there when Parcells almost had a heart attack on the sidelines.

thr only guys you mentioned were Hamlin and Davis, both journeymen busts and average careers.

Romo is the only true significant change in starting roster...

There was almost no turnover between Parcells and the next 13-3 season under Wade.. roster was essentially the same..

The roster was essentially the same. The difference was Wade Phillips was a great defensive coach. Mediocre at best head coach. But that man can coach defense. He helped put the talented defensive players in a position to succeed.

Irregardless. That 2007 team was super talented. That’s not a knock on Romo. It’s the truth.

Even the best QB’s need help to win. Especially win a championship.

It’s not a knock on Romo to say he needed more help most of the seasons he played. Just like it’s not a knock to point out the seasons he had good teams like in 2007.

Let’s also not forget that the cowboys lost that playoff game to the giants. The same giants that won the super bowl against the undefeated Patriots.

It sucks we lost that game. But in hindsight. Losing to the inevitable champs who knocked off an amazing patriot team, isn’t something to be ashamed of.

shabazz

Reaction score
Who cares about a few Picks?

Dak-Prescott-tweets-05-09-16.jpg

CWR

Reaction score
When you take the wrong meds, you misremember. Romo was excellent in the playoffs. You don’t get to make up your own reality and then lie about it. The numbers and game logs are freely available on the Internet. Stop lying and get back under your rock. The Jets are on the schedule and you should be free to come out and spout more drivel starting next Monday.

2006 17-29 189yds 1 td
2007 18-36 201 yds 1td 1int
2009 Great game vs Philly
2009 22-35 198 yds 0 td 1 int.

There's THREE bad playoff games. I guess yall will say anything to discredit Dak though. Flame on bro.

romothesavior

Reaction score
Yeah, Romo had 8 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in the playoffs over 6 games and at least 1 of those picks was a last ditch effort at the end of the game. He has a 93 QB rating in the playoffs. He averaged 7.11 yards per attempt in the playoffs.

He's only really had 1 bad playoff game, and if anyone remembers, his offensive line was a turn style, particularly Marc Columbo who shouldn't have been playing.
I've long given up trying to talk reason with the anti-Romo crowd (it is exhausting), so thank you for continuing to hit them with facts.

Batman1980

Reaction score
So please name the season where Romo had 48 interceptions?

The talent level between the teams Romo had and Dak has now is night & day difference. Romo had Laurent Robinson. Dak has Amari Cooper, Gallup, & Cobb. Romo would have been very thankful to have the O Line & Defense that Dak gets to enjoy.

Ha, no. This defense is a glass cannon that can't stop the run and gives up plays against the pass at inopportune times. Can't remember the last time they forced a legitimate turnover, at least sacks are up.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
2006 17-29 189yds 1 td
2007 18-36 201 yds 1td 1int
2009 Great game vs Philly
2009 22-35 198 yds 0 td 1 int.

There's THREE bad playoff games. I guess yall will say anything to discredit Dak though. Flame on bro.
He’s played six playoff games you ridiculous troll. Nobody cares about what your evaluation of a bad playoff game is. Back under your rock you go.

CWR

Reaction score
He’s played six playoff games you ridiculous troll. Nobody cares about what your evaluation of a bad playoff game is. Back under your rock you go.

I said his numbers were propped up by 2014 you douchbag. Sorry you cant accept it for what it is. Its all black and white with you. There is no middle ground, no shades of gray. You speak in absolutes and it shows.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haven't read the thread, so it isn't Romo vs Dak or Dak vs Romo.

But it's virtually the same staff that coached Romo. Same offense he played in. Philosophically, the same leadership managing the games. Why wouldn't it look similar?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I said his numbers were propped up by 2014 you douchbag. Sorry you cant accept it for what it is. Its all black and white with you. There is no middle ground, no shades of gray. You speak in absolutes and it shows.
He’s only played in 6 playoff games total, and so his numbers are greatly influenced by 2 of them (33%)? You don’t say, you’re quite the mathematical genius there. Are you quite through making yourself look thoroughly stupid so that people can get back to whatever it was they were doing with their lives?

CWR

Reaction score
He’s only played in 6 playoff games total, and so his numbers are greatly influenced by 2 of them (33%)? You don’t say, you’re quite the mathematical genius there. Are you quite through making yourself look thoroughly stupid so that people can get back to whatever it was they were doing with their lives?

Your a complete waste. You want to pretend he crushed it in the playoffs when half of his playoff games he struggled to pass for 200 yards. Whatever man, there's no talking with someone like you.

Romo was a great QB, for a variety of reasons he couldn't come through in the playoffs. I can accept that, just like I can accept Daks flaws and see them for what they are.

We are done here. Go be miserable with someone else. I have no desire to converse with someone who doesn't have basic manners. Buh bye.

Brax

Reaction score
Most of his big yardage games that romosexuals dream about at night were 2-3 int games where he would throw a pick 6
Guys gone 4 years and folks on both sides can't let go, last I looked it was Dak not producing a win, maybe he's been reading the posts here of how he owns the 4th quarter, you know Dak come from behind king, super QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
The roster was essentially the same. The difference was Wade Phillips was a great defensive coach. Mediocre at best head coach. But that man can coach defense. He helped put the talented defensive players in a position to succeed.

Irregardless. That 2007 team was super talented. That’s not a knock on Romo. It’s the truth.

Even the best QB’s need help to win. Especially win a championship.

It’s not a knock on Romo to say he needed more help most of the seasons he played. Just like it’s not a knock to point out the seasons he had good teams like in 2007.

Let’s also not forget that the cowboys lost that playoff game to the giants. The same giants that won the super bowl against the undefeated Patriots.

It sucks we lost that game. But in hindsight. Losing to the inevitable champs who knocked off an amazing patriot team, isn’t something to be ashamed of.

It really wasn’t.

Wade Phillips masked a lot of the trash on defense. Bradie Jamees, Akin Ayodele, Jacques Reeves. I could go on and on. this was the same team that couldn’t stop a screen pass and got picked apart by Jon Kitna the year before. Wade was also under appreciated here.

this was the same team that Parcells had his boys fly down from NY to be on the sidelines because Parcells looked lost. Romo saved that season.

Last edited:

Galian Beast

Reaction score
It really wasn’t.

Wade Phillips masked a lot of the trash on defense. Bessie Janes, Akin Ayodele, Jacques Reeves. I could go on and on. this was the same team that couldn’t stop a screen pass and got picked apart by Jon Kitna the year before. Wade was also under appreciated here.

this was the same team that Parcells had his boys fly down from NY to be on the sidelines because Parcells looked lost. Romo saved that season.

Straight truth... Glad some people remember. 2006 is all people need to know about this Cowboys team. With Bledsoe they were absolute trash, and he wasn't a terrible QB, just had no mobility. Romo comes around and they look playoff-caliber.