This game will tell us a lot about The Cowboys

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I honestly can think of few games that would tell us less about the Cowboys.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If they play solid football, have few mental errors and beat the Rookie QB led Panthers, I will feel much better about them going forward. If they look uninspired and play sloppy ball, then it’s the same old story. Hopefully they show up. I’ll be there cheering them on!
And I say that this game tells us nothing, except for whatever this game unfolds within the game is the game....It will have its separate story and chapter to the 17 page book we are writing.
there is no precursor or any indicators on how the rest of the season's going to go,

hey my guy, can we stop this every game is different each week is a one off each season is a one off this means nothing except for it's the next game on the schedule.... This is not a test, this is just one more game on the schedule before the next one and then the next one we'll find out how the Cowboys will finish their season when the season's over....

You want to know if this season's going to be any different than the next and if this team is grown up and we're going to move past the narratives that will be in the playoffs so until then this is just another game...

In case you weren't paying attention every year is like this but this year already so many games with really good teams getting beat by bad teams it happens all the time that any given Sunday thing happens all the time it is not a knock on a team to lose to a team you're supposed to win or play sloppy in a game it happens they're all human and this is just one more game we could play terrible today and win and next week we can literally blow the socks off our next appoint opponent it won't mean anything...

pitt33

Reaction score
If they play solid football, have few mental errors and beat the Rookie QB led Panthers, I will feel much better about them going forward. If they look uninspired and play sloppy ball, then it’s the same old story. Hopefully they show up. I’ll be there cheering them on!
Have a great time!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes the playoff games when we get there we should talk about whether this team is changed and grown up and whether they belong among the contender top right now it's just another regular season game... It all only matters of what you do in the playoffs so we get you to get to the playoffs I think there's a good chance we're going to get to the playoffs regardless of if we lose to every good team on our schedule that does not mean we're going to lose in the playoffs... These posts drive me crazy as if there's some kind of test or some kind of indicator on how the rest of the season's gonna end and it means nothing and that includes the lions the Eagles and all the other games we got coming up uh Miami no those games won't mean anything.. Just like we blew the socks off Tampa Bay and then the next week didn't show up and play well against the better team but we won't know this until we get to the playoffs and actually play those games and those teams...

This is why there have been teams that have been hovering around 500 that got in as a wild card and won a Super Bowl it is not how you play in the regular season it's how it all comes together in that playoff run... If fans really believe how you play these teams in the regular season matters when you play them again in the playoffs you really haven't been watching the regular season is simply to win enough games to get into the playoffs if you're healthy and you learn something about your team and finding identity you might have a shot in the playoffs that's all you need to get in..

CCBoy

Reaction score
Then learn to observe in the eyes of a leader (McCarthy)

This is an opportunity to strengthen techniques developing as well as sharing responsibilities at a high level and game levels for player sharing of duties. It is very important for team development. That just doesn't idly sit by while the team progresses. If nothing else this is a very high level rehearsal for a major player they will match up with.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yes the playoff games when we get there we should talk about whether this team is changed and grown up and whether they belong among the contender top right now it's just another regular season game... It all only matters of what you do in the playoffs so we get you to get to the playoffs I think there's a good chance we're going to get to the playoffs regardless of if we lose to every good team on our schedule that does not mean we're going to lose in the playoffs... These posts drive me crazy as if there's some kind of test or some kind of indicator on how the rest of the season's gonna end and it means nothing and that includes the lions the Eagles and all the other games we got coming up uh Miami no those games won't mean anything.. Just like we blew the socks off Tampa Bay and then the next week didn't show up and play well against the better team but we won't know this until we get to the playoffs and actually play those games and those teams...

This is why there have been teams that have been hovering around 500 that got in as a wild card and won a Super Bowl it is not how you play in the regular season it's how it all comes together in that playoff run... If fans really believe how you play these teams in the regular season matters when you play them again in the playoffs you really haven't been watching the regular season is simply to win enough games to get into the playoffs if you're healthy and you learn something about your team and finding identity you might have a shot in the playoffs that's all you need to get in..
They are missing how a team develops through a season and it takes playing through lower levels and still developing a team in top shelf team actions. Overcoming momentum. This game, rhythm is all important...but the concept that regular season is not important is off. You are forged in fire...that has to occur before one puts a team up to be killed in the final games in the playoff. This is football and opportunity changes from play to play and game to game. All teams fight to survive. Teams better, then, better be prepared to live or die!

This Dallas team is approaching that journey properly.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
They are missing how a team develops through a season and it takes playing through lower levels and still developing a team in top shelf team actions. Overcoming momentum. This game, rhythm is all important...
Yes of course our starters and our coaches need to come in and continue building off of the playbook with more reps and more formation sets and see what works etc

however, it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of it it's either a win or a loss it's not going to go oh oh we lost to the Carolina Panthers it's all over we're going to be one and done in the playoffs...

I think that's stupid narratives, it means nothing... it's either a loss or a win I don't care if it's a sloppy win or a great hard fought loss ,if there ever such a thing because people put these moral victories or they put added weight on a loss... it's just the same it is just another game on the schedule in my opinion somebody else might have another opinion for me it's getting in the playoffs and how you show up to play in the playoffs and all that matters in the playoffs, is you having as many of your starters healthy with you and playing at a high level...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yes of course our starters and our coaches need to come in and continue building off of the playbook with more reps and more formation sets and see what works etc

however, it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of it it's either a win or a loss it's not going to go oh oh we lost to the Carolina Panthers it's all over we're going to be one and done in the playoffs...

I think that's stupid narratives, it means nothing... it's either a loss or a win I don't care if it's a sloppy win or a great hard fought loss ,if there ever such a thing because people put these moral victories or they put added weight on a loss... it's just the same it is just another game on the schedule in my opinion somebody else might have another opinion for me it's getting in the playoffs and how you show up to play in the playoffs and all that matters in the playoffs, is you having as many of your starters healthy with you and playing at a high level...
There is a concept in the military. Forged in fire, came out steel...that is not being seen by you here. One has to live the early battles to get where there is strength to fight the battles to win a war. All are a progression...not just looking to the final battles to get to where you are looking at, winning, period.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat. Yeah, I know, we lost tonthe Cardinals without most of our OL, we should have still beat them. That was a bad loss. Hope we are better than that now.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to beat. Yeah, I know, we lost tonthe Cardinals without most of our OL, we should have still beat them. That was a bad loss. Hope we are better than that now.
Was just about to post this.

SF, KC, beat teams they are supposed to beat, weak teams, yet they are juggernauts. Philly gets lucky with 3 wins, beats teams they are supposed to be with an extreme cupcake schedule so far. Just like last year. Beating SF when they had no QB. Yet they are a juggernaut.

We beat teams we are supposed to beat. And we suck.
Yes the Arizona loss, but Philly lost to the Jets when they had a losing record. We beat the Jets soundly. SF dropped 3 straight. And, injuries well we had injuries as well.
But for some reason we still suck.

You and I and some others know this, the rest , well, we know how that goes.
:thumbup::popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
No. It won’t.

The Cowboys will win but not blow them out.

Causing a frenzy of negative posts.

Rinse repeat.
Same thing that happens if we blow them out and then happy about it they're gonna say it's just the Panthers it's a no win situation the fan base is bipolar there will never be a 100% happy response to anything

shabazz

Reaction score

SF, KC, beat teams they are supposed to beat, weak teams, yet they are juggernauts. Philly gets lucky with 3 wins, beats teams they are supposed to be with an extreme cupcake schedule so far. Just like last year. Beating SF when they had no QB. Yet they are a juggernaut.

Yes the Arizona loss, but Philly lost to the Jets when they had a losing record. We beat the Jets soundly. SF dropped 3 straight. And, injuries well we had injuries as well.

We don’t suck…….we just haven’t been able to close the gap on the other two NFC contenders nor close out the playoffs successfully.

It’s really just that simple. When they can string two or more wins in the playoffs it will change the narrative

Good enough to be dangerous and competitive…….but not finishers in the end.

But as you’ve seen, we aren’t deserting the ship…..just patiently waiting 28 years now.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Beautifully well stated sarcasm..... There's always a double standard around this fan base along with moving the goal posts... When you lose to a bad team like all the other teams have this year that the sky is falling it's all over and we suck but if we beat them badly and happy about it which we have more often than not have the biggest net point differential in those wins,

the fanbase says wait, stop!!! they say stop you can't count this it was only insert team name here... :facepalm:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
You must be loco.....beating up another Div AA team is not gonna prove anything. They have lost the "prove it" games so far. It's same old story so far this season.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Then learn to observe in the eyes of a leader (McCarthy)

This is an opportunity to strengthen techniques developing as well as sharing responsibilities at a high level and game levels for player sharing of duties. It is very important for team development. That just doesn't idly sit by while the team progresses. If nothing else this is a very high level rehearsal for a major player they will match up with.
I said could think of few games that would actually tell me less about the Cowboys. If you think I am wrong, point one out. Preseason? Do you think this game will tell me more about the Cowboys than the Seattle game? The next Eagles game?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score

This game will tell us a lot about The Cowboys​

I understand what you're saying, brother. I agree. If we lay an egg I'm going to be worried. If we blow them out I'm drinking more Kool-Aid. Lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They all count in the NFL, they need to handle this team because they are better than them... it will tell us they are focused on the prize, thats about all it will tell us.