Video: This has an ugly ending coming?

plasticman

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your opinion. :muttley:

The Jones boys handle the business side of the house and McCarthy is the football operations guy. There is no equivocation about these distinctions. You don't have to agree with it but this is how it is.
If this was a live draft it wouldn't be McCarty sitting at the head of the table.

Jerry has indicated zero change when it comes to the Final Decisions. McCarty is just one more opinion.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If this was a live draft it wouldn't be McCarty sitting at the head of the table.

Jerry has indicated zero change when it comes to the Final Decisions. McCarty is just one more opinion.
Have you heard? No one is sitting at the table in the Cowboys war room. All the principal personnel is isolated in their own homes. It is a live draft and McCarthy is invited to the Jones boys virtual draft team but he won't be giving money advice, he's a football guy.

jnday

Reaction score
And didn't beat a single winning team and played like crap on a stick in the most important game of the season in Philly

Stats are stupid.
We can’t really put the 8-8 record on Dak without giving him credit for all the wins that the team has. W/L records are a team stat. We can say that he hasn’t come through and played well when he faces decent teams. Some of those games the offense was terrible for the first half that was filled with three and outs.

jnday

Reaction score
I think Dak has a street boy mentality he has been hiding from us.

Not much surprises me. If Dak ever leaves..

he is in for a huge wakeup call..

Playing Dallas he told us was a dream come true.

This is how he thanks us all?

Kiss his butt and just pay me.

What a treasure.
His fans puckers up and smacks away, but they overlook how he has handled this situation. They blame it all on the agent, but the agent works for and represents Dak. He could put a stop to this circus at anytime.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You mean like how he failed in the lasts half of last season? That kind of "all signs say he'll get better"?

So you are taking an overall team failure and projecting onto one player? You are better than that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you are taking an overall team failure and projecting onto one player? You are better than that.

Yes I am. Because I didn't mention any such thing as team failure. I'm specifically addressing some things that I noted. I'm not tying them to losses or anything like that.

Am I allowed to do that?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes I am. Because I didn't mention any such thing as team failure. I'm specifically addressing some things that I noted. I'm not tying them to losses or anything like that.

Am I allowed to do that?

Blaming one player for a record one way or the other is a lazy way to do an analysis.

By all accounts, 2019 was Dak's best year as a pro. One could argue his rookie year, but he didnt need to do as much that year.

This is the Romo syndrome again. Where Romo had to do everything and we would still be 8-8. Cowboys were at thier best when the QB had to do less.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blaming one player for a record one way or the other is a lazy way to do an analysis.

By all accounts, 2019 was Dak's best year as a pro. One could argue his rookie year, but he didnt need to do as much that year.

This is the Romo syndrome again. Where Romo had to do everything and we would still be 8-8. Cowboys were at thier best when the QB had to do less.

Um....so you are telling me I am NOT allowed to assess Dak of any faults what so ever...ever.
"Best year"....and according to you showed zero faults or issues and is above any reproach.

What in the f..... Come on. You are better than this.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Um....so you are telling me I am NOT allowed to assess Dak of any faults what so ever...ever.
"Best year"....and according to you showed zero faults or issues and is above any reproach.

What in the f..... Come on. You are better than this.

I never said any of that. Is this what you have to do in order to find an angle?

Every year Dak seems to prove the doubters wrong and get better. In year 4 like most, he still has stuff to work on. Certain things I am not sure he will get better or how much.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said any of that. Is this what you have to do in order to find an angle?

Every year Dak seems to prove the doubters wrong and get better. In year 4 like most, he still has stuff to work on. Certain things I am not sure he will get better or how much.

There's no angle. I can only judge based on your reply. I asked you if it was okay to assess Dak...all on his own...without wins or losses. And you went right to wins and losses. What do you expect me to think when you warn me how bad it is to judge on team record.

If I judged Dak in the same way you judge Zeke....I bet you would go completely ballistic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There's no angle. I can only judge based on your reply. I asked you if it was okay to assess Dak...all on his own...without wins or losses. And you went right to wins and losses. What do you expect me to think when you warn me how bad it is to judge on team record.

If I judged Dak in the same way you judge Zeke....I bet you would go completely ballistic.

Critique Dak any way you want. The guy isn't perfect by any stretch.

Zeke plays RB, not QB. The least important position as compared to the most important. Zeke is drunken fool and a poor leader. Just those facts right there make all the difference.

Zeke can be replaced with a 3rd round pick. Dak you could use first round picks for 5 years and still not find another Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Critique Dak any way you want. The guy isn't perfect by any stretch.

Zeke plays RB, not QB. The least important position as compared to the most important. Zeke is drunken fool and a poor leader. Just those facts right there make all the difference.

Zeke can be replaced with a 3rd round pick. Dak you could use first round picks for 5 years and still not find another Dak.

LOL......dude. You'd think after a long string of failed rb's you wouldn't have the nerve to post this BS. But hey....you assess how you want while *****ing at other people for assessing how they want. That's great work.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL......dude. You'd think after a long string of failed rb's you wouldn't have the nerve to post this BS. But hey....you assess how you want while *****ing at other people for assessing how they want. That's great work.

You mean like Murray? 3rd found pick. Like Pollard, 4th rounder?

Its definitely been proven over and over again that you don't need to draft a good RB with a top 5 pick and RB by committee works just fine. Its also been proven that paying ONE RB 15 million or so is a joke.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean like Murray? 3rd found pick. Like Pollard, 4th rounder?

Its definitely been proven over and over again that you don't need to draft a good RB with a top 5 pick and RB by committee works just fine. Its also been proven that paying ONE RB 15 million or so is a joke.

Oh yeah.....Mkay...so where'd THEY get us?. And you name one "proven" #1...and one rookie unproven. You could even argue Murray wasn't THAT great outside of Dallas. If he was SO good...why the complete failure in Philly? Yep I am sure there are many legitimate reasons. Pollard? You got a lotta balls saying he can carry a team when he...HASN'T. Not even in college! He looks great and I am a big fan. I am also a fan of proving it on the field for more than one year.

All that...is moot...arguable. What ISN'T arguable is you HAMMERING zeke to death....while defending Dak at even the SLIGHTEST polite criticism.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do stand by my opinion that in the last half of the 2019 season, Dak failed the team as much as anyone else....maybe excepting Garrett. If this was a "team failure" then HE L L yes.

Someone even proposed the idea some players....and named Dak....purposely choked. I didn't see CowboyRoy get into that comment. But zeke is a waste? Hell Zeke is the reason Dak has had good success. ONE of the major reasons. Amari is also one of the main reasons.

Dak doesn't live in a bubble. The success he has relies on the people around him....as a TEAM. As much criticism Garrett and Jones get....they allowed Dak to take the reigns of some damn fine players. I personally wonder what the team could have done with Romo.....the QB this team was built for at great cost. But.....it was all Dak, right?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So....roy...how do we mitigate this? How do we defend Dak at every turn and hammer Zeke at every turn?

Not sure. I;d like to think we meet in the middle...but not sure where that is.

cern

Reaction score
Unquestionably anyone with a need to know will be in contact with eachother. The rest will be incommunicado. Just not having to see goodell's face as often improves the draft.